Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

75T Mini Box Break - Interest in Adding Boxes of 73T Wax Ser 4, 73T Wax Ser 5, 75T Cello & 79T R

13»

Comments

• Options

<< <i>
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice how they have almost no regard for caps or periods. Even the use of capital words when emphasizing. Still not sold? How about the multiple posting back to back.... Dont believe me, check out the other topic titled "Official 2012 BBCE PSA Group Break..." I think we've got another alt here boys. >>

"Hi pot. My name is kettle"
  • Options

<< <i>This is actually my first time here.

You dont have to be here for 3 years or have 500,000 posts before you can start picking up things, and the way I know a lot of these guys by name is because they have added there names (such as I do sometimes) after a post or through pm's.

Marc image >>

so true....you just need to read the ARCHIVED THREADS to learn about people...

im sure all of you involved in the 75group pack rips have read the history of these boards and know what can happen....at least i hope you all know the history....

(biggest scammer to pass threw these boards loved 75 minis didnt he?)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This is actually my first time here.

You dont have to be here for 3 years or have 500,000 posts before you can start picking up things, and the way I know a lot of these guys by name is because they have added there names (such as I do sometimes) after a post or through pm's.

Marc image >>

so true....you just need to read the ARCHIVED THREADS to learn about people...

im sure all of you involved in the 75group pack rips have read the history of these boards and know what can happen....at least i hope you all know the history....

(biggest scammer to pass threw these boards loved 75 minis didnt he?) >>

With the exception of the guy that had a link for donations to MS in his sigline and the money went straight to his Paypal account.
  • Options
    Notice how they have almost no regard for caps or periods. Even the use of capital words when emphasizing. Still not sold? How about the multiple posting back to back.... Dont believe me, check out the other topic titled "Official 2012 BBCE PSA Group Break..." I think we've got another alt here boys. >>

Not sure Im picking up on this one. You asked questions, I gave you answers. Whats your point now?

Cardboardkeeper (aka Joey) - I was actually refering to you when I wrote that.
  • Options

<< <i>Notice how they have almost no regard for caps or periods. Even the use of capital words when emphasizing. Still not sold? How about the multiple posting back to back.... Dont believe me, check out the other topic titled "Official 2012 BBCE PSA Group Break..." I think we've got another alt here boys. >>

Not sure Im picking up on this one. >>

#1 defense of an alt - Act stupid like you have no idea what anyone is talking about.
    #2 defense - See #1
    #3 defense - Disappear for a while and then come back like nothing ever happened.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    pass threw = Freudian schlep.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>He's not sharing anything, he's selling it. His small return is called profit.

Of course the 75s will be sold, he/she's not handing them out as ass wipe.

get in line sucka >>

You're absolutely right, it is called profit. Who knew you could actually make one in this hobby!
    Are you so disgruntled and mad at the world that you can't believe there are people on this board that are concerned about others before themselves?
    You do understand that Dave has been bombarded with offers for the FULL boxes however is holding out to sell them in the potential group rip?
    Since you have issues tracking, that means he'd rather sell them to 12-24 people opposed to just one individual.
    Lastly, "grote15" just posted his submission results of a handful of cards from Dave's last rip.
    This is one elaborate scam Dave's pulling! Resealing those packs with PSA 9/10 quality cards!

P.S. Nightcrawler, I'll meet you after school in the alley! >/ >>

I didn't say it was an elaborate scam, don't put words in my mouth.

How much would a box be worth as opposed to $45 a pack? And why is he selling his packs for more than the bbce charges?

I'm not disgruntled, I'm not stupid though. I knew exactly how this thread would go down the day it was posted.

I wouldn't be surprised if that case sold by Mile High was Dave's also. That would make this thread a double spam by the way.

Notice how everyone that claims to know him and vouches for him has never met him, but they've bought something from him. He's sold alot of cards in his short time here. Sure there's nothing wrong with that in itself. I'm just pointing out that he's been here before and he's spamming the board.

Carry on
  • Options
    #1 defense of an alt - Act stupid like you have no idea what anyone is talking about. #2 defense - See #1 #3 defense - Disappear for a while and then come back like nothing ever happened.

Are you kidding me? Thats how you've come to your realization that I'm an Alt. I bring you proof that cardboardkeeper is an alt and you come back with meaningless garbage. Great detective work. I'm sorry that I can pick up names along the way. I didn't realize that was such a difficult thing to do.
  • Options

<< <i>How much would a box be worth as opposed to $45 a pack? And why is he selling his packs for more than the bbce charges? >>

1. 36*45=$1620
    2. Probably because he owns them and there seems to be interest in the packs/boxes he's offering up for sale at that price.

• Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    >I didn't say it was an elaborate scam, don't put words in my mouth.
    >
    >How much would a box be worth as opposed to $45 a pack? And why is he selling his packs for more than the bbce charges?

RESPONSE:

Why do packs with stars showing sell for more than packs with commons showing? BBCE charges what they do because
    they have no additional information to justify a higher price. When Steve knows that packs he sells have premium content he charges
    higher for them. He has a 1974 rack pack listed now at $400. He just sold one with Ryan showing for $600. Why not the same $400
    as the one he has left? Hint....ADDITIONAL INFORMATION...He can see the Ryan card.

We have additional information on these boxes based on what has been found so far (high end PSA 9s of stars and low-pops that consistently
    have come from the packs broken so far), PLUS the collective experience about the consistency of content within other 1975 Topps mini cases.
    That doesn;t make it a slam dunk going forward, but it greatly raises the chances of continued success going forward. Having turned down far
    more than $45/pack on several occasions now from the unsolicited offers I received for these boxes I do not owe you or anyone any explanations
    on setting the cost per pack at $45. Participation (or lack thereof) will determine if people think I am being unfair.

>I'm not disgruntled, I'm not stupid though. I knew exactly how this thread would go down the day it was posted.
    >
    >I wouldn't be surprised if that case sold by Mile High was Dave's also. That would make this thread a double spam by the way.

RESPONSE:

If you think my price for a pack of 75 minis that we have additional information about is too high then you have the option to say so,
    explain why you think so and to not participate. YOU DO NOT have the right to attempt to assassinate my character by insinuating that
    I am some sort of scam artist who consigned a case of 1975 minis and a PSA 10 Ozzie Smith RC to MH, and then used this forum to drive
    up the prices. Such a statement is unfounded and completely out of line. Either put up your evidence or don't start something you cannot
    defend!

>Notice how everyone that claims to know him and vouches for him has never met him, but they've bought something from him. He's sold alot of cards in his short time >here. Sure there's nothing wrong with that in itself. I'm just pointing out that he's been here before and he's spamming the board.

You have again made some big assumptions here. How many of the people that added posts of support for me are people that I BOUGHT something from? How many are people that I have never done a transaction with? Do you have access to my records that you know what I have sold or bought through this forum? Are you BIG BROTHER? You had better do some better detective work if you are going to keep making (baseless) accusations.

And when specifically have I been here before? Who exactly is the past CU forum person that you accuse me of being? Before opening your mouth/typing with your
    fingers perhaps you'd be kind enough to provide something concrete in this regard.

>Carry on

I'll say this one last time so that perhaps it sinks in for you. I find this hobby is fun not just for the hobby itself, but also for (most of) the people you share it with. With specific reference to vintage unopened material, there is a real scarcity of this material out there. While there are those amongst us whose first thoughts tend to getting as much as they can for themselves, I see it differently. I see the opportunity to get more people interested as a way to meet more great new people, share expereiences and to keep the hobby alive and growing for future generations.

This may be a bit hard for you to believe, but there actually are some people left in this world who are not greedy and self-centered (and I thank my mother for raising me right in this regard). I think Chris (Toro) nailed it in his earlier post. If I was primarily focused on profit then why wouldn't I have jumped at the unsolicited box offers? It's because rather than ending up with 1 person appreciating this stuff we end up with a few dozen that do who will share it amongst themselves and others. And hopefully at some time in the future my actions might even inspire others to act similarly so that others might (maybe even including me) appreciate material that they do.

You can think I'm full of BS. In fact, I really don't care what you think. I will continue to try and share opportunities with my peers. If you really have nothing better to do than make cynnical and pessimistic posts that espouse delusional conspiracy theories and assassinate my character then I pity you for being a very angry, suspicious and sad person. That's a very empty way for one to live a life.

Soapbox Off

Dave
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're an avid 75 mini collector and you know you're getting packs with cards as sharp and as well centered as the cards that came out of the boxes from the first box break, you will gladly pay a premium. Anyone who knows this set knows how tough it is to find a case/box with even more than 1-2 gradable cards per pack.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you're an avid 75 mini collector and you know you're getting packs with cards as sharp and as well centered as the cards that came out of the boxes from the first box break, you will gladly pay a premium. Anyone who knows this set knows how tough it is to find a case/box with even more than 1-2 gradable cards per pack. >>

Hopefully these boxes are the same quality.

Last ones were great.

Joe
  • Options
    Well put Dave! I got my fingers crossed on those 75 Minis. I may even grade a handful of them but that's a long shot. The ones from the last rip were very sharp. I also noticed the 79 racks you posted. With the thread about the 79 Ozzie PSA 10 going for 18K, those may sell out rather quickly.
  • Options
    Congrats toppsfanatic, you got this board hooked in a few short months...very persuasive you are

Amazing how a newbie can shift the box breaks away from BBCX into your own lap....nicely done
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    this is like any other purchase to me, caveat emptor. If people want to pay more than BBCE for packs then by all means go ahead, no skin off my back or anyone elses I say.

• Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭

<< <i>this is like any other purchase to me, caveat emptor. If people want to pay more than BBCE for packs then by all means go ahead, no skin off my back or anyone elses I say. >>

I agree. I also think that those transactions should take place on the appropriate forum. Organizing a group rip from an established busness who is not involved with the setup makes sense on the cards & memorabilia forum. A seller hawking his own wares for a profit, to one or to dozens, belongs on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>this is like any other purchase to me, caveat emptor. If people want to pay more than BBCE for packs then by all means go ahead, no skin off my back or anyone elses I say. >>

I agree. I also think that those transactions should take place on the appropriate forum. Organizing a group rip from an established busness who is not involved with the setup makes sense on the cards & memorabilia forum. A seller hawking his own wares for a profit, to one or to dozens, belongs on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. >>

It would have been ideal to get the MH case so that I would have no standing at all in this, but unfortunately that didn't happen. And I think you make a fair point about trying to prevent this board from turning into the B/S/T board.

Tell you what. What if I separated this such that the 75 minis (which are clearly items I own) go into their own thread over on the BST board while everything
    else that I have no stake in (coming from outside just like other breaks) stays here in this board?

It makes for a little more work, but then things remain pure.

Dave
  • Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    It's helpful to focus on the packs in question here and talk minis a little. I've been deep into the mini set for some time, along with about five other guys. Even helped make the market, so to speak, on higher-end, low-pop examples.

Most know that common minis in PSA 10 command several hundred or much more, and a tough common in PSA 9 commands anywhere from $500 to a shade over a cool grand.

Dave's last batch of packs yielded the flat out best #500 Ryan ever slabbed.

I even wrote up a comparison of this Ryan versus many others that have sold, over on the mini thread. There are only two or three #500's that can stand near this one. I couldn't buy it off the board member who graded it out fast enough. This card is a 10 on a good day, but we all know how they look at a superstar card, the third biggest in the set after the two key RCs, and it has zero tens.

Then, from my own two little packs in that rip, I graded out two PSA 10s, one of which is a 1K semi-star, and two notoriously tough PSA 9s-- each could pull down upwards of $500, maybe more, since both the Jim Brewer 163 and Gene Tenace 535 are so rarely offered for sale.

Though I'm not in the market for mini packs, as the odds of me getting a card I need or want are so slim, I think that when there is precedent for centered minis in a batch, some type of premium is understandable. Far too often, heck almost all the time, minis are mangled OC out of the pack. Ungrade-able. That's why there are still so few 9.00+ sets out there despite multiple cases having been cracked in the wake of the Conlon REA sale a few years ago. I remember many, including myself, thought for sure there would be a pop explosion. And here we are years later and the mini pops are still crazy low. Not even a PSA 9 yet of the Tommy Davis card. No PSA 10s of Ryan, Winfield, Rose, etc.

In the hunt for super high-end minis, which can be a lucrative one for the submitter/seller and a satisfying one for the buyer, such packs as the ones being offered here are definitely buzzworthy and have a little heat on them.
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    This is a group rip and should be in the main forum like all the other group rips have been.
    Cheers,

Robb
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

I think it should stay here.

Easier to keep track of.

Joe
  • Options
    Wow...

Dave do not move this over to the BST. This is getting out of control. Everyone wants to be a chief...

Now if next month, and the month after a group break is organized and your PC is involved then I can see it being moved. But this isn't regular and we the Group Box Breakers want it.

It's one thread, and if others don't like it, or don't want to be involved then that's fine. But the whole week long debate it quite overdone.

I will say while I don't agree with nightcrawlers comments, it is good to know that everyone is looking out for each other. In the 3 plus years I've been here there have been some isolated cases where people really got screwed over. So I am all for discussing what is occurring.

But at the same time there are real, good, giving people out there. The reality is at any given moment someone could act in a way that is completely immoral.

Could Dave turn around and try to screw people over? It is possible, but very unlikely considering all the positive transactions that have occurred. Maybe I'm a sucker but I trust Grote, Toro, and others that were very happy with the mini break. I wasn't available at the time or I would have jumped in too. I've talked to Dave on the phone and have exchanged a bunch of PM's.

The only way to have certainty is to not get involved. But just about everyone wants in on this break, and it will sell out quick. We would do it through BBCE, but they don't have the inventory right now.

So let's just move along, there's no more need of explanations or warnings.

And please Dave keep the thread here and let's move past this authenticity issue. image
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options

<< <i>Congrats toppsfanatic, you got this board hooked in a few short months...very persuasive you are

Amazing how a newbie can shift the box breaks away from BBCX into your own lap....nicely done >>

The way I see it you have it wrong. I have shifted NOTHING away from BBCE. Steve is the best in the business and whenever
    he has inventory that appeals to this group there will be group breaks. However, Steve is not a magician. He just cant manage
    to have enough inventory meet the demand that exists. No one can. So since there are other sources for reliable material all I
    am doing is expanding our opportunity.

As for the "into my own lap" part of your statement, I tried to do something for this group and it didn't work out (the MH case).
    So as not to disappoint I said I would put up a few additional boxes of my own. That was done up front, before we knew what
    the outcome at MH would be, and it was done with only the best of intentions since I had no way to control the outcome at MH.
    And now you're trying to paint me as a "Mr. Potter" character (ref. It's A Wonderful Life). That's a big leap, and it's based on bad
    assumptions.

No issues. I'm moving anything that I have a personal stake in out of this thread and will do it in a different format elsewhere. That
    way we can keep this forum "pure". Just understand that while this has some benefits for the group, it also has some drawbacks.
    The next time a case comes up for auction somewhere if I want to go after it for this group I will have to think twice, since technically
    if I win it I will have a stake in it and if there is even the remotest likelihood of conflict of interest someone like you is going to come
    along with close-minded conspiracy theories and character assassinating remarks.

The point gumby made about keeping this thread 100% non-commercial with regard to its members is valid, and I think sensible. However,
    by being so "black and white" about it the less frequent opportunities to work outside the lines to expand opportunities for the group get lost.
    It's no skin off my nose. I would rather enjoy my chosen hobby with like-minded people through supplemental group activities outside of
    this forum than have to deal with this kind of nonsense every time coming from angry, sad and suspicious people who view everything they
    see as someone trying to screw them. While sometimes things are not on the level, not everything is a scam. Those who distrust everything
    tend to lead emptier lives and miss out on some really positive things that do come along.

Dave
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Mike summed it up rather well...and agree that the thread should remain on this forum.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I say leave it here, no need to move it just to satisfy a couple of douchebags.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I say leave it here, no need to move it just to satisfy a couple of douchebags. >>

Wow. Classy. Even for hhmag70.

Does your mother know you talk like that on the internet? You better hope she doesn't check your internet history after your bedtime or you'll get grounded.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Ok so let me get this straight--70Topps was gonna offer his own high end boxes for a group rip. But now that everyone is questioning stuff....a reliable source has emerged with some of the very same boxes?? Did I miss something??

Ummmmmmmmm........
  • Options
    Not the same boxes. Different product from different years, but highly reliable in the authenticity of being sure fire unopened.

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I say leave it here, no need to move it just to satisfy a couple of douchebags. >>

Wow. Classy. Even for hhmag70.

Does your mother know you talk like that on the internet? You better hope she doesn't check your internet history after your bedtime or you'll get grounded. >>

This from a complete douche that just keeps trying to stir things up. If you have no interest in the group rip then shut the hell up and go back across the street. Really pretty simple.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    So which one of the Alts is Bill?

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i> If you have no interest in the group rip then shut the hell up and go back across the street. Really pretty simple. >>

He's just looking out for you and everyone else.
  • Options

<< <i>Ok so let me get this straight--70Topps was gonna offer his own high end boxes for a group rip. But now that everyone is questioning stuff....a reliable source has emerged with some of the very same boxes?? Did I miss something??

Ummmmmmmmm........ >>

Let's hope people will still pay a premium.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    just in case i wanted to post this....

1975 Topps Mini Baseball Wax Box 1: $45.00/pack
    1. MrG
    2. MrG
    3. MrG
    4. MrG
    5. stangrider
    6. stangrider
    7. stangrider
    8. stangrider
    9. grote15
    10. grote15
    11. grote15
    12. grote15
    13. Shu4040
    14. Shu4040
    15. Shu4040
    16. gemint
    17. gemint
    18. gemint
    19. gemint
    20. ldferg
    21. ldferg
    22. ldferg
    23. ldferg
    24. kgibson
    25. kgibson
    26. miconelegacy
    27. miconelegacy
    28. miconelegacy
    29. miconelegacy
    30. Toro
    31. Toro
    32. Toro
    33. Toro
    34. MacrosB
    35. MacrosB
    36. MacrosB

MrG..good luck with those 75 minis....are we still in england chap?

always a lover of those minis....and the wax wrappers they come in