Bear48Bear48 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    Wooooooo!
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Woo!.. Awesome card.

Awesome vids. image

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    what was so "nature" about him? I probably dont wanna know.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzjzw4PkEYU

I loved this promo. This was in the summer of '86 for the Great American Bash's that were taking place. I can remember David Crockett wondering if Flair could run the table by defending the title 12 times or so in 2 -3 month. If memory serves me correct- I believe the ole "Son of a Plumber" beat him for the title only for the Flair to recapture before the Bashes finished up. During this run- you also had Magnum TA and Nikita Koloff in their best of 7 for the US Title. For me- the golden age of wrestling.
    Looking for low #'d 2006 Marques Hagans + 1991 Wild Card stripes of UVA players - Tony Covington, Shawn Moore, Herman Moore
  • Options
    awesome, love it
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing! There are so many amazing clips on YouTube of the Nature Boy!

I got this signed by him backstage about two months ago here in Orlando. I am going to send this off soon to get slabbed.

• Options
    Dpeck PM sent
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭
    My favorite wrestler of all time. My 24-year old son thought he was great, too. THE NATURE BOY!!!!!!!

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget this one....

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    How about this interview after the '92 Royal Rumble? I vividly recall Flair getting stripped of the WCW World Title before the Great American Bash '91 and wondering what would happen to him, would he go to the WWF? I knew (we all knew) that he was one of, if not the, very greatest wrestler of his time, yet Vince had changed so many great NWA/WCW wrestlers signifigently; like turning Harley Race into "The King", or making Dusty Rhodes wear polka dots...the WWF would never acknowledge the past of any wrestler outside of what they accomplished in the WWF. So what would become of Ric Flair?

I was shocked when Bobby Heenan displayed the WCW Title on WWF television, telling viewers that "The Real World's Champion" was coming, and saying that comparing Hogan to Flair was like comparing "horse manure to ice cream". Wow. And then the Royal Rumble of 1992 happened, and Ric Flair won the WWF title. WOW!! I think for a lot of people that cemented Ric's status as the Greatest of All Time...not only that he won the WWF World Title, but that the WWF completely changed their rules and let Ric Flair be Ric Flair.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    I always loved that NWA title belt he's holding in the photo on the auto card.

For my money, the best rivalry he had was with Steamboat in the late '70's and early '80's. They had a lot of contrasts and a lot of similarities. It was just a perfect setup for a long running feud.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    How about the original Nature Boy???

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I always loved that NWA title belt he's holding in the photo on the auto card.

For my money, the best rivalry he had was with Steamboat in the late '70's and early '80's. They had a lot of contrasts and a lot of similarities. It was just a perfect setup for a long running feud. >>

They renewed the rivalry in 1984, again in 1989, and one last time in 1994. Each time the matches were fabulous. There's camcorder footage of them wrestling in Philadelphia in 1989 and the match is just fantastic. And then they went down to Landover, MD that same day and wrestled a match that's even better.

I used to have a replica version of that NWA title belt. I can still remember the day it arrived in the mail. I was like a little kid. I hadn't expected much in terms of the quality of the replica but it was REALLY nice. Weighed about 5 lbs with nice thick, metal plates and so on. It was great. I ended up selling it a couple years later for a nice profit. They've since released a second replica version that you can pick up on Ebay pretty easily. Those are way nicer than the one I had. Or you can spend about $1100-1500 and get the real thing.

Tabe

• Options
    I was always partial to Flair's career running feud with Dusty Rhodes. The run up these guys had in the summer leading up Starrcade 85 was great. It started at The Omni with Flair getting it handed to him by the Russians only to be saved by Big Dust - only to have Ole and Arn Anderson lock the cage while they went to work on The American Dream - "breaking" his ankle. Then Big Dust proceeded to break out his steel toed boot to protect his "injury". Everytime he even thought about touching anybody with it- they acted like they just got hit with a jackhammer.

Their match along with the "I Quit" match co-headlined Starrcade '85. For my money- one of the best PPV's ever.

Here'a quick recap of Starrcade '85. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAOr6Lls87s
    Looking for low #'d 2006 Marques Hagans + 1991 Wild Card stripes of UVA players - Tony Covington, Shawn Moore, Herman Moore
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be pedantic and mention that Starrcade '85 wasn't a PPV image The first PPV for the NWA was Starrcade '87, which aired in about 5 markets thanks to the WWF locking them out of cable systems with Survivor Series the same night.

Starrcade '85 was a GREAT show. Bad ending to the Flair/Dusty match but otherwise a loaded show with tons of action. Never aired on TV, copy of the closed circuit or satellite version ever surfaced, so for more than 2 decades the only footage were from a couple of VHS tapes released in 1985. That all changed a couple years ago when the full show was on the WWF's 24/7 on-demand channel allowing us fans to get the entire thing in DVD quality. Awesome!

Tabe
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This video may spur my search for one of his Series A All Star cards

I'd be embarrased to wear it

• Options
    One of his best interviews of all time!!!

This is why the Nature Boy Ric Flair's Rookie Card is important!

• Options
    " My shoes cost more than your house", classic Flair image
  • Options
    KNAPPKNAPP Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

the KNAPP collection - specializing in boxing and wrestling
    Always looking to buy or trade for Andre the Giant autographs
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

• Options
    That is a fantastic signature!!! I love the fact he wrote Nature Boy too!

Here is one of the best Ric Flair interviews.

Spilt Liquor
  • Options
    The Nature Boy's biceps are bigger at 60 something then they were 20 years ago.
  • Options
    Great sig, I love the nickname with the auto
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    I also like the black ink with the baby blue coloring of the card
  • Options
    DPeck,

What do you think a PSA 10 Flair RC would go for in today's market at auction?
    Greatly overpaying for a 2000 Fleer Showcase Tom Brady PSA 10
  • Options
    It is tough to tell. You own the only other one.

I think you would easily see what you paid for it.

The market is tired of the BGS 9.5 just like the Derek Jeter 1993 SP. It wants the real deal and the price will reflect that.

The Hulk Hogan BGS 9.5 that sold last night would never grade higher then a PSA 8 and might be lucky to get that. A PSA 10 if it ever surfaced would sell for greater then $5,000 is my prediction.

If sold on EBAY I would run it through PWCC at one of Brent's monthly auctions and let the battle begin.

If you are looking to sell I know a guy that might want this and I will get you his information if you want it.

• Options
    Thanks for the offer, but not looking to sell right now. Just wondering how high it would go given the increase in popularity of the 82 set. Plus it's the Nature Boy! WHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Greatly overpaying for a 2000 Fleer Showcase Tom Brady PSA 10
  • Options
    I am glad to hear that. You have a sick collection and this is a nice piece to have.

I love the Hogan card because I loved Hulk Hogan but the Ric Flair card represents the Nature Boy and he was awesome!!!!

Ric Flair used to be a big deal at the airport like you hear. My dad saw him walking through the Atlanta airport and he was making the place go wild!!!

I love it!
  • Options
    I have had numerous people asking about the wrestling all star Ric Flair, I am sure that the market is a lot hotter for his cards....compared to even six months ago.
  • Options
    PSA 10 Jesse Ventura

PSA 8 Andre The Giant

Goomba here are some recent sales that took place last night to use as a reference point.

I think it is safe to say the Flair would do quite well.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Ric Flair was on this week's Lizard Lick Towing. Of course, I might be the only one here who watches that show. lol
  • Options

psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

• Options
    Very nice, any idea what those would grade? Love the WOO!!!!!
  • Options
    Hey Rob, probably 8's. I'm going to get them in a blue flip soon.

• Options
    Knapp are you talking about the auto grade or the card itself?

• Options
    Rob, the cards would probably grade 8, but I'm going to get them in blue flips.

• Options
    You are going to need to dial back your expectations on these. The card on the left with grade no higher then a PSA 6 is my bet. The card on the right has a shot at an 8.

• Options
    I cracked them out. Thet were both 8's.

• Options
    WOW

Here is a PSA 6 I cracked out.

• Options
    Mine were SGC 8's. You should have resubmitted that one.

• Options
    I just used it as a nice one to crack out and get signed. I plan to get it in a blue flip soon.

I am going to call PSA and see if this card can qualify for the current special.

• Options
    It will qualify under the current special. I just sent 4 cards to PSA, with one where he signed his birth name.

• Options
    Perfect.
  • Options
    This really stinks. Heartbreaking to see something like this happen.

Reid Flair
  • Options
    awful news
  • Options
    RIP
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    I do not see that one signed Flair being a PSA 8 either......maybe the one on the right but the left one with the top to bottom centering i do not see it. SGC is more liberal on centering than PSA.
  • Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    Terrible news for Ric and his family.

RIP
  • Options

• Options
    Those are spectacular Flair autos, look awesome in flips
  • Options
    Very nice Knapp!