Home Metal Detecting

Chinese trade token and Cavalry relic

cents, nickel and oval buckle are from last month. dug the token and military item yesterday. any idea on military thing/ i'm guessing cavalry but not certain. it has a "M" and the rifles look like muskets. the token is my first with an asian name. its strange how Kappen's CA token book only lists it at $3.50. it says" chin fong mgr", "wing choung yuen & co. 837 washington st. SF cal."

i may try electrolysis to bring out more details

Comments

• davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I love the military pin. I found one with cannons a couple years back. Is it brass?
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great finds DD..... very nice coins... Cheers, RickO
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    can't help in the military thing, but it looks pretty cool.

Off to a nice start for the year with coins too!
  • its indian wars infantry hat badge!!!! Now if it was Civil War it be worth around 150.... still a nice find.... I will have to post some of my finds. I live right outside of Gettysburg PA and relic hunt all the time....
  • cool, all i could find was it was a infantry insignia, so this dates to when? also where would i find info that determines it is as you describe?
  • well hows this. lol... I am a Civil War relic dealer located in Gettysburg PA and I see TONS of indian war items trying to be passed as Civil War each day... You can find this information on the web with no problem. Let me see if I can find you any info on it. I will check sat or sunday!!!! If you ever make it to my neck of the woods drop me a line and we can go diggin!!!! I will post some of my finds if I ever figure out how to post a photo on here!!!
  • PS the oval buckle looks like a sash buckle