Home Sports Talk
Options

I'll say it again........

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
Straight up trade Romo for Tebow.

Everyone scoffed before............but Tebow will be very very good someday.....already better than Romo!image

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    No way.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Sigh.....
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not. Unless Dallas also throws in a couple draft picks.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate romo!
    Texas boy here.
    He sucks. Id take a bag of potatos over him. So if Denver will take a bag of potatos. Then Dallas might be ok.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For multiple reasons I suspect that Denver will not part with Tebow under any circumstances until he at least plays one more full season with the team.

Footballwise, it seems that the ONLY knock on Tebow is his poor abilities as a passer [he is very inconsistent as a passer, at times horrible, at times really good and most times just extremely inaccurate with under/over throws].

Aside from his passing deficiencies he is really good in other phases of the position and the game [i.e., running the ball, leadership and inspiring his teamates]. He has a track record in high school and college of "leading" his teams to victory and success. He is not going to be a guy who will do stupid things off the field that will embarrass the franchise [i.e. shooting himself in the leg, running a dog fight ring; sexual assault, drugs, fights, etc.]. He is 23 years old and only in his second year in the league. He has a 9-5 record as a starter over 14 games, including a 1-0 record as a playoff starter. He is big, strong, tough, dedicated and hard working at his craft. He is articulate and has a public profile and following.

I suspect that when the Denver's season is over, Tebow will receive instruction from Denver's coaches/Elway about what to work on in the off season. I suspect that Tebow will work his tail off improving his passing skills. I also suspect that he will improve all phases of his game, most importantly passing.

Denver would be crazy to let Tebow go to another team before playing another year under the above circumstances. If he did leave and with a new team turned out to be top flight QB with great passing skills that he developed after leaving Denver, the people in Denver who let him get away would be scorned, hated and villified forever by the Denver fanbase. Better to keep Tebow in a Bronco uniform for at least the next season [or two] and see how he develops. If he improves his passing abilities and other skills, he may just turn into a QB that leads the team to success over the next decade.

If Tebow plays well and Denver somehow wins another game or two in the playoffs this year [or even the SuperBowlimage] the above becomes even more likely.

For a long time Denver fan like me, this season has been a pleasant surprise. Sure enjoyed watching the second half of the game yesterday [was out with my 18 year old son doing father son stuff during the first half].
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Romo is no Aikman but he isn't as bad as you think he is.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    When are the boys gonna fire the coach???

after they do that, then worry about the qb...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Whenever the Cowboys have a bad season, I always remember the famous sound bite "HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS" and chuckle at the irony of it all............

.............................. HOW BOUT THEM 2011 COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Absolutely not. Unless Dallas also throws in a couple draft picks. >>

Knowing Jerry Jones he definitely would.
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Straight up trade Romo for Tebow.

Everyone scoffed before............but Tebow will be very very good someday.....already better than Romo!image >>

Tebow had a great game but so did the Broncos defense. How would Tebow make the Cowboys defense any better b/c that's why the team didn't make the playoffs.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Absolutely not. Unless Dallas also throws in a couple draft picks. >>

Knowing Jerry Jones he definitely would. >>

Still loving the Roy Williams trade. Pettigrew is already 10x more effective than Williams has ever been.
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the Herschel Walker deal, I believe the rest of the league has finally wised up to the fact that you don't make any more dumb trades with the Cowboys.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Whenever the Cowboys have a bad season, I always remember the famous sound bite "HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS" and chuckle at the irony of it all............

.............................. HOW BOUT THEM 2011 COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image >>

I'm not one to take Jerry's side on much of anything, but how was that quote ironic?? He said it while celebrating the first of 3 SB wins in 4 years, which incidentally occurred within two years of Denver's last (only) SB wins. Neither team has sniffed the SB since the late 90's.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭
    If the Cowboys QB played like Tebow did the last 3 games of the season you would have already run him out of town.

In December Romo completed 71.1% of his passes for 1158 yards with 10 touchdowns and 1 interception...what more exactly do you expect your quarterback to do? If Dallas had even a semi-competent defense they would have coasted into the playoffs.

In 2011 Romo was the 4th highest rated QB in the league, the other QBs in the top 10 all had their teams make the playoffs. Romo has certainly made some boneheaded plays in his career but this year Dallas' failing was not on his shoulders.

Robb
  • Options

<< <i>If the Cowboys QB played like Tebow did the last 3 games of the season you would have already run him out of town.

In December Romo completed 71.1% of his passes for 1158 yards with 10 touchdowns and 1 interception...what more exactly do you expect your quarterback to do? If Dallas had even a semi-competent defense they would have coasted into the playoffs.

In 2011 Romo was the 4th highest rated QB in the league, the other QBs in the top 10 all had their teams make the playoffs. Romo has certainly made some boneheaded plays in his career but this year Dallas' failing was not on his shoulders.

Robb >>

Thank-you

title.
  • Options

<< <i>If the Cowboys QB played like Tebow did the last 3 games of the season you would have already run him out of town.

Robb >>

Yep.

Anyone that thinks the Cowboy's failures this year were because of Romo must not have watched many of their games.

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I will pass on Tebow for Romo.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I agree with Robb.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    someone really wants to sniff Tebows jock....
  • Options

Robb >>

Too bad the NFL season isn't just December.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    The Arlington Cowboys need to fire their GM.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

Robb >>

Too bad the NFL season isn't just December. >>

Very true but that's when Romo usually struggles. This time he played well and the team still lost. IMO this demonstrates that Romo isn't the issue.

title.
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Arlington Cowboys need to fire their GM.

image >>

You hit the nail on the head. Sadly, this is not likely to ever happen.
    Brett
  • Options

<< <i>The Arlington Cowboys need to fire their GM.

image >>

Winner!!!
  • Options
    bking:

Good question.

The "HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS" sound bite has been and is currently used/played/rebroadcast quite often during media [mainstream, sports, new, alternative] coverage of the Cowboys. Even when the version of the team when the sound bite is broadcast is not very successful.

The same thing happens with the Oakland Raiders.

There is audio and video of Al Davis talking about the team that is years/decades old. The phrases he used repeatedly are "THE GREATNESS OF THE RAIDERS" and "THE GREATNESS OF THE RAIDERS WILL CONTINUE". The first time he used the first phrase when speaking to the media was probably in the 1970's and/or early 1980's when the Raiders were winning Super Bowls. The second phrase came along later. The first and second phrases have been used by him regularly up to his death. This phrases are still broadcast today, though in the future they will probably see less air time since Mr. Davis has passed away. The use of these phrases has been constant, even when the Raiders have not been very successful.

There are probably other examples of certain phrases about specific sports teams being used repeatedly through the years.

The thing that strikes me as "ironic" about the use and broadcast of these phrases is that they refer to times when the Cowboys and the Raiders were competing and winning titles on a regular basis, even though the current team is not successful.

These phrases are broadcast up by the media to ridicule the current team and the owner; and at times these phrases are repeated by an owner who is 100% emotionally invested in his team (i.e. Jones, Davis, Mark Cuban) leading people to conclude that the owner is out of touch with reality [instead of an owner who has no such attachment and who views the team as a financial investment].

The broadcast of these phrases by the media is done to entertain the listening/viewing audiences [got to have good ratings]; however doing so also seems to be unkind [kicking a person when they are down and ridiculing others (i.e. Al Davis is an out of touch geezer whose team will always be lousy as long as he is in charge)].