Home Precious Metals
Options

Did you finish or follow through on your 2011 New Years Resolutions? Just finished mine today at 4

Did you make any 2011 new years resolutions? If so how did you do? Did you complete them? Almost, gave up on January 2nd, 2011image? Mine was to finally finish my SPR-18 Delta that I started back in 2006! You can see the receiver is new and dated 2007! A few deployments, a marriage, relocation and multiple injuries got in my way at ever turn. If I told you how much I had into this project you would laugh, but this will pull .3 MOA, I guarantee it. Let's just say the people that spend $1k on a 3 oz. silver bar are sane and give me advice! New years 2010 I told myself I would quit smoking and finish this project. I quit smoking in November this year and don't even miss it and today, at 4 PM I added the last drops of break free and put away the torque wrench! Tell you epic successes or failures along with your 2012 resolutions.

Noveske barrel, LaRue 13.2 FF Rail, White Oak Break, A.R.M.S sights, POF Lower, TImney Trigger Group, MagPul SPR Stock, Mid-Length GT. All hand fitted, spec'ed and refinished.

Comments

• Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    Congrats. I finished mine also. It was to get a solar array for the house using only profits from PM's over the years. Did it and then some. 36 260watt panels for a total for 9000+watts to make the meter spin backwards. I've seen 10kw spin a meter and thought it was going to bust the glass and that dial just fly away. I get 360 days a year of sun and need 8 tons of air-con to keep my place cold in the summer. The power company stated they are going to raises rates 10% a year for five years and my bill is already stupid high. The big gov incentives ran out today I believe. Those saved me 83% of the cost. It was a good yearimage
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    aclocoacloco Posts: 952 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on MANY fronts.

Of interest to you, keep the "break free" in the closet and switch to STOS made by Ponsness Warren.
    Successful BST transactions with: jp84, WaterSport, Stupid, tychojoe, Swampboy, dragon, Jkramer, savoyspecial, ajaan, tyedye, ProofCollection, Broadstruck x2, TwinTurbo, lordmarcovan, devious, bumanchu, AUandAG, Collectorcoins (2x), staircoins, messydesk, illini420, nolawyer (10x & counting), peaceman, bruggs, agentjim007, ElmerFusterpuck, WinLoseWin, RR, WaterSports, KeyLargRareCoins, LindeDad, Flatwoods, cucamongacoin, grote15, UtahCoin, NewParadigm, smokincoin, sawyerjosh x3
  • Options
    USMoneyloverUSMoneylover Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on your success, is that a .223? (I like it!)
    Finest Coins and Relics
  • Options
    erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭
    Very cool TN. Looks like it would be a lot of fun to build and a lot of fun to use.

I don't really do NewY resolutions, but I had some goals.

1.) Pass CFA level 2. Done.
    2.) Run more. quasi check.
    3.) start building a commem collection. Check.
    4.) trim up a bit. Mmmm, not really. Need to work on that this year.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on breaking a tough habit. Nice gun!
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the weapon. With accuracy like that are you going to mount some killer optics?
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome firearm TN.... great project. Well beyond my skills... I certainly have great respect for those who can do this type of project. Congratulations on quitting the evil weed.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options
    image An AR15 is gonna be my next gun purchase, just trying to decide what brand I want!
    To keep it (somewhat) bullion oriented:
    Finest Coins and Relics
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>An AR15 is gonna be my next gun purchase, just trying to decide what brand I want! >>

A good ole Colt 6920 would be my choice.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>An AR15 is gonna be my next gun purchase, just trying to decide what brand I want! >>

A good ole Colt 6920 would be my choice. >>

Thats actually the direction I'm leaning toward image
    Finest Coins and Relics