Linky

Comments

• TURBOTURBO Posts: 494 ✭✭✭
    WOW! Guess I'll stay home.
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    something to save up a few $ for?
  • LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have my spot on the couch

• I guess I will be buying extra lottery tickets for the next 7 months.
  • JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking that group of coins will bring out the big guns for sure.
  • kazkaz Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stocking up on popcorn.
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1871CC MS64 Double Eagle and some Grey Poupon pleaseimage
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Cool, the SECOND complete set and it contains the UNIQUE CC? I wonder if the author does marriage counseling too, that would be helpful to me.
  • WestySteveWestySteve Posts: 567 ✭✭✭
    That's awfully cool, but I don't understand why they would try to sell them in one big lot. Seems like they'd get bottom dollar for that because of price resistance. Split up the collection and let us poor folks duke it out for the little stuff (with a pedigree of course). I am truly puzzled why professionals would recommend selling that way and why a collector would agree to it.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see that collection... Cheers, RickO
  • TomthecoinguyTomthecoinguy Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Cool, the SECOND complete set and it contains the UNIQUE CC? I wonder if the author does marriage counseling too, that would be helpful to me. >>

I was confused by that as well, but it made sense when I carefully read the article. "The only other complete set belonged to Louis E. Eliasberg, Sr., which was sold in three auctions over a 15-year span in 1982, 1996 and 1997."

Then later when talking about this collection the author said.

"The spotlight coin of the collection is without a doubt the Unique 1873-CC Liberty Seated No Arrows Dime, graded MS-65 by PCGS and bearing the Eliasberg pedigree."

In other words, while there may have been another complete set in the past, it was made up of a coin that is now in this collection. There can be only one complete set at a time.
  • TomthecoinguyTomthecoinguy Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That's awfully cool, but I don't understand why they would try to sell them in one big lot. Seems like they'd get bottom dollar for that because of price resistance. Split up the collection and let us poor folks duke it out for the little stuff (with a pedigree of course). I am truly puzzled why professionals would recommend selling that way and why a collector would agree to it. >>

The article isn't very clear, but I think they might be splitting it up, why else would the auction take place over 11 days. "The entire auction will take place August 1-11, 2012." The article also says that it is going to be sold at one auction, but it doesn't say it will be sold in one lot.
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only this, but Ill bet it might bring in a few other consignors of seated CC keys and other CC stuff as well. Im hopeful.
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    The article isn't very clear, but I think they might be splitting it up, why else would the auction take place over 11 days. "The entire auction will take place August 1-11, 2012." The article also says that it is going to be sold at one auction, but it doesn't say it will be sold in one lot. >>

Clearly the auction date has not been finalized, so they put the whole range of the ANA convention dates just to cover their bases.

I suspect it will be sold in a single "Rarities Night" session towards the end of the convention dates range.

As for selling it all in one lot, I don't think that is the case. If they wanted to do that they would have already made inquiries to the (small) handful of potential buyers that could handle such a deal.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, what a set of coins! I would just like to have the 2 dimes!!image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file