Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

My Twelve Caesars set looks sweet in this!

Here are the stock photos. Mine has the black ribbons, like the tray shown at top right. Those NGC slabs fit very snugly into the slots, so it's good those ribbons are there. I even had a little gold plaque made for the front that says THE TWELVE CAESARS on it.

Yeah, go ahead, haters- don't think I can't hear you making puking sounds about slabbed ancients. image

I see where you're comin' from- I used to be a traditionalist like that. But I've come around to the idea and rather like it, at least for these.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options

Seriously, if I had the money for it, I'd have my jeton collection slabbed, too. That box is sweet! I'll bet the set looks great.
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many can you fit in the box?
  • Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    would love to see some close up pics, once you completed this serie.
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ancients/slabs...ewww...haha image

Even slabbed that will be pretty slick to see once complete & displayed.

I love seeing folks coins displayed, such a shame we live in a world where we cant all display suck things proudly.
  • Options
    You specified the no-claw holders, right? image

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A portable museum.
    I like the concept.

Now you need to work on pics of yours.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How many can you fit in the box? >>

Exactly twelve. That's why I had the idea to put the Twelve Caesars set in there.

Technically it's a "10 Caesars" set for the time being, until I get Caligula and Galba again- sold off the ones I used to own. And only seven of the ten I presently have are slabbed, but I'm workin' on it. I guess this box was my holiday/birthday gift to myself.

I'll work on getting pictures together as I near the finish line on that set.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice presentation box, LordM. I spent a few weeks trying to settle on a box for my slabs and ended-up picking up one from Lighthouse (which was a pain in the butt, since their Canadian presence is nonexistent).

I decided to go with their Volterra Trio presentation case for 24 slabs.

These just arrived yesterday and I love the way the collection looks in 'em:

• Options
    Cool! So that's what... 24 slabs in yours? Wow. Twice the capacity of mine.

Who's the fella in the B&W photo at right? Looks a tiny bit like James Dean. image

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    Thats very cool Lord M.

I own the PCGS prestige 30 slab box for my 1/3 farthing collection:

I bought the larger box so I can fit all the 1/3, 1/4 and 1/2 farthing dates, a kind of complete fractional farthing set.

The only bad thing with my larger box is the slabs stand upright so you can't view the coins until you lift the slab up.

Now I really need to get focusing on the fractionals again.
  • Options
    Nice! I might have to graduate to something like that as the Roman Imperial slab collection expands.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Cool! So that's what... 24 slabs in yours? Wow. Twice the capacity of mine.

Who's the fella in the B&W photo at right? Looks a tiny bit like James Dean. image >>

It is James Dean. I'm a big fan.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is so image Roman. What a great way to showcase your fabulous collection.

I need one of those for my birthyear set and possibly one of these Lighthouse presentation cases for my ancients.

image Happy New Year!!!image