Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Give Muggyman $250.00 and he sends a huge box of aweswome surprises.

Muggyman knew I was chasing alot of star cello/rack packs and offered to send me a suprise package for any amount I was willing to spend.

Well, I decided to spend my Christmas cash my father gave me this year on this rather than search Ebay for each pack one at a time.

It was a freaking blast.

I see dudes at the LCS drop $500.00 on modern packs and just don't get it. I prefer get some stuff like this for far less.

Here is the video.

Muggyman surprises surprises surprises...........................................
** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **

Comments

• Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Great video and what an awesome package from the Muggyman. Some great new pieces for your collection!
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    Nice pick up.

Dave
  • Options
    Those were sweet packs, congrats on winning your league.

Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Great Video and Mugs is awesome.
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Those were sweet packs, congrats on winning your league. >>

Thanks man-

I won 214.64- 214.46 (we have five defensive players) so we didn't know for sure until stat corrections were done.

Julio Jones caught a meaningless five yard pass that got me the win Monday night.

Thanks for all the comments. I have been spending some time at home with the boys during their break while my wife throws dead beat dads/moms in jail for non payment of child support so this has been fun.

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    Very nice!!!!!!!!!
    Way to go Muggyman!!!!!!
  • Options
    "I see dudes at the LCS drop $500.00 on modern packs and just don't get it. "

Just as I dont get why you would spend $250 on a bunch of cards in packs that would have cost no more than $100 total. The point is to each their own. Whatever makes you happy.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>"I see dudes at the LCS drop $500.00 on modern packs and just don't get it. "

Just as I dont get why you would spend $250 on a bunch of cards in packs that would have cost no more than $100 total. The point is to each their own. Whatever makes you happy. >>

And here is the original user that has now splintered off and become blackitalian, and Sam1952
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>"I see dudes at the LCS drop $500.00 on modern packs and just don't get it. "

Just as I dont get why you would spend $250 on a bunch of cards in packs that would have cost no more than $100 total. The point is to each their own. Whatever makes you happy. >>

I can understand that. Fair enough.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Mr. B ... great video. Glad you enjoyed opening that package. Dave, nice packs you sent.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what the hobby's all about.

$250.00 well spent and well appreciated

Hats off to you
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Awesome stuff!
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nathan great video and thanks for sharing as always. The Muggyman comes through again !!!!!

The 1984 Dan Marino is an awesome pickup.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options

<< <i>Nathan great video and thanks for sharing as always. The Muggyman comes through again !!!!!

The 1984 Dan Marino is an awesome pickup. >>

Thanks BPorter- I actually just sent the OJ front/ Walter Payton back pack to Grote to add to a submission. I just want it protected more than anything. I was born in 1977 so I like that pack.
  • Options
    Good year, 1977!
  • Options
    1980sCollector,

Good stuff!! Enjoyed the video. Nice '82 Topps Rack with LT RC and '84 Topps Rack with Marino RC.

Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Great stuff, great video. The enjoyment you and the boys obviously got out the box is what it's all about. Don't let Gloomy Gus put a damper on it.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    Awesome stuff. Looks like you got more than your money's worth.
  • Options
    Well, I had a package that sat in my mailbox the last two days.

I text Muggy and he said "Part 2 of the 250.00 suprise".

The Bengals were on today so I waited. They lost so I was pissed. Then my wife had some friends come over and by the end of that I was ready for some CARDS and SMILES.

Three observations....

1) Damn I need some sun

2) Muggy is the man

3) It is a cello not a rack pack

Muggy Suprise Part 2
  • Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    will your wife kill you for complaining that her friends gathering was lame?
  • Options

<< <i>will your wife kill you for complaining that her friends gathering was lame? >>

Nah, I went to my in-laws two nights in a row then her friends came over tonight. The last three nights have been painful so I get a pass.

However, she will never see those.
  • Options
    AWESOME! simply AWESOME!

thank you for taking the time to make a video and share with us
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nathan.... Congrats on a great pack. Muggy is one of the best on these boards.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON