Home Precious Metals

So what did ya'll get?

Nothing here, in fact not even a single present as my wife has been sick and she couldn't get up and out to buy me anything or even log on (she is very sick). I was able to get her 7 presents from a Kindel to Earnest Hemingway Short Story book to 3 karat tennis bracelet. Not much family left to speak of so it was a empty tree, but let me live vicariously through you! Show off your new stuff whatever it may be.

TN

Comments

• botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Santa crossed me off the list for being naughty. Plus I got a complaining hard kick from my wife when she found her oversize boot sock empty on Christmas morning. Never saw her putting it up, and forgot to look.
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    I also got nothing. Since dad passed away, mom has no source of income so all money goes towards bills.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeez guys... a couple of grinches in here. image

Sorry TX about your wife, hope she mends up quickly.

Here's a pretty cool present I received... It's a digital microscope with built in camera and LED lights.

It should be used exclusively for numismatic research only... image

---------

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club Redwood Original (SAMCRO) T-shirt. Wife and I have seen every episode since it began 3 years ago. My LA daughter is an occasional film crew member.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• Set of Titleist 712 AP2 irons and a clicgear push cart (Hope your wife gets better soon TX)
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

Hope your wife feels better soon TN. I got 5 pounds heavier, a hatchet, machete, camoflauge shirt, and a nut/bolt organizer from my wife. Lots of gifts cards from the parents and a electric pressure washer from my ma-in-law. Had a safe weekend spent with family, that by itself was more than enough for me. The gifts are a far second.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TN...hope your wife gets well soon... real bummer to be sick on Christmas. I got a small generator (1200W), some clothes and Quesadilla maker.. No coins, I buy them in person... oh, wait, my daughter did get me two Navy challenge coins... very cool.
    Cheers, RickO
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got some canvas and small things for the studio and some items for my grill - new grates and some prep stuff. Wifey got some overpriced blue and white sapphires as I 'went to Jared'.

I think I sold a painting today though, so if/when that goes through I'll be taking that money to the LCS for some metal something or other.
  • OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well my nephew who is slightly autistic has been working
    his dream job the past year in a Card/Sports Memrabilia
    shop, gave us a gift card for TGIF Fridays, in fact he spoiled
    everyone this year with his genorousity, I'm so proud of
    himimage and also from August to mid November, some may
    recall I had this orphaned baby Racoon we named Rocky
    that adopted us or visa versa that we were feeding from
    our porch and he lived in the oak tree off our patio, anyhow
    I figure we added aprox. 10 to 12 pounds on him from cat
    food and his voracious appetite, I prayed every night he
    would start to explore his wild side and follow his basic
    instincs. Mid November he just dissapeared one day and
    like a grieving mother I had thought the worst, until December
    23, we got a visit from Rocky and yes it was Rocky because
    theres some body language and tail tail quirks that only his
    Mommy (meimage) would know, oh and he brought his Girlfriend.
    So with god answering my prayers, I think I scored BIGTIME

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    My sons got cash along with a ton of toys. Took the cash this morning, added a couple bucks out of my own pocket, and bought them a 10 oz. silver bar. One of the older stamped horizontal "National" bars made in Canada.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭
    Besides the coins shown in the US Coin thread, the below had to be the highlight along with some Czech crystal scotch glasses.

It's a bit painful, but I love peat.

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife and I set a hundred dollar limit for each other this year. I got some wool socks, some work gloves and a real nice Rigid 50 foot extension cord for my generator. It has power outlets every 8 feet. She did good.

I got her some pajamas, slippers, perfume, and a Starbucks gift card.

• SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    I got coal and switches.

TX - Hope the wife gets better.

Meltdown - Are you having any problem controlling light glare? (The light on mine does not adjust. Frown)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cruelty to animals. what a bummer. hopefully they did that to osama as well
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Well got mine today brand new Dell & Windows & so trying to learn new machine. Other lasted 10 years everyone said that was pretty good so I got another Dell. Old one fried lost all my picturesimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Received my first SilverTowne 1 oz round...from my mother of all people. Very cool!

TX Hope your wife feels better...I used to get sick on Christmas nearly every year with the flu. Not fun...
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • My wife came up big time. She bought me a $5 dollar gold piece, and to top it off it had a carson city mint mark. Just what I was looking for.
  • curlycurly Posts: 2,880

My grandson gave me the book "Life" by Keith Richards. I guess he thinks I'm an old burnout. Looking forward to reading it.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • No metals here for Christmas. I did however walk away with a new lens and body to add to my camera bag!

Sorry 'bout the wife TX, hope she gets better soon
    Remember that the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

BSTs with: Coll3ctor, gsa1fan, mkman123, ajbauman, tydye, piecesofme, pursuitofliberty

Travelog - 20in20travels.com

• << <i>Jeez guys... a couple of grinches in here. image

Sorry TX about your wife, hope she mends up quickly.

Here's a pretty cool present I received... It's a digital microscope with built in camera and LED lights.

It should be used exclusively for numismatic research only... image

---------

image >>

That Iraqi Missile Launcher art bar is an interesting bar. If I find one at a LCS next year, then I might buy one.
    DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    Didn't get JS coin wise, not much else either for that matter. Plants that don't fit climate, tools I've got two of, and an intercom my line suppresses rendering it useless. It's cool I'm hard to buy for. I totally killed on free shipping for stuff I bought and I use like exotic wood, veneer, plexi and other large items, The UPS guy struggled with one box of hard wood ends and scraps (40lbs) and it just blew apart when he dropped it on the porch. Gave him a nice gift anyway because he earned it over the year. Dude love my GF's pumpkin bread. Bought a nice Micro hi-po heli for half price delivered, kind of cool. I'll have many hours wringing that thing out I'm sure.

Sorry about your wife. Had that a few years ago during my GF's fight with the big C. We kind of adopted an older couple with no family ten few years back and they really enjoy being part of ours for the holiday dinners and outings. He gave me 10 oz of high grade lithium grease that I really needed, oh and 200'' of super good teflon wire left over from the SR71 project and a set of wire strippers for it.. After 50 years it's still prefect, that I can use someday. Guess it was good after all.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    I hope your wife is already better, TN...

I got golf stuff. (Don't especially like the game.) But it beats him forgetting my usual lump of coal. image