Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grade Opinion Wanted...

Trying to decide what to do with this. I might send it off to get an auto on it and then to PSA, but not sure if I want blue flip, red flip with grade or red with just authentic. Figured I should first get opinions on the card itself.

Comments

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    looks like paper loss on the front and back?

if not for that, I would say 5 - 6...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a PSA 6 every day of the week... Personally, I'd get it autographed and put in an Authentic Red Flip and let the solid eye appeal work for you over the technical grade.

Good luck.
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    PSA 4- The bottom corner paper loss hurts it.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

I know,I know,I know...Get it auto'd,just saw where somebody sent a few to his foundation for like 35 bucks.
    It does not belong in its current residence,thats for sure.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    ditto to what Scott (otwcards) .
  • Options
    I appreciate the answers. I am gonna send it of for signing through the foundation.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree the centering on the front is great for that card. Good luck with the auto.
  • Options
    Well it has been cracked out of the slab it was in (BGS 4.5) and will be mailed off this week.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    PSA 4.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    LOVE the front centering ... I'd say it would land in a PSA "5" slab, so I agree with Scott. Send it to the foundation and then into PSA/DNA for an AUTHENTIC RED FLIP. It will look GREAT!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    i say PSA 5 as well
  • Options
    Red authentic flip with auto grade only (if you think it will pull a 10).... Appeals to the widest base imo...
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    4 ,I would be happy with that anytime.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    You got enough answers. Last signing was in November, the next one should be in February. He does 4 per year.

I've sent to Nolan two times, and had great service from the foundation.

Dave