Home U.S. Coin Forum

I bought 3 1961 proof sets today with cameos. Unknown to me one half is a DDR,........ specifically.

2»

Comments

• georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    Gives us all great hope!

Hiya Kaz! Nice to see you around!
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not knowing much about proof prices,what do you all think this find is
    worth?
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can get it in a sample or doily slab, I'd be a buyer. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not knowing much about proof prices,what do you all think this find is
    worth? >>

pcgs guide on a 66 cam is about $8,000, and there is only one cam in the pop report!
  • DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    That half is terrific. What a great choice to introduce your images to the forum.
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Not knowing much about proof prices,what do you all think this find is
    worth? >>

pcgs guide on a 66 cam is about $8,000, and there is only one cam in the pop report! >>

What a super find.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marvelous coins Sanction..... what a great find.... Cheers, RickO
  • STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
  • georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>pcgs guide on a 66 cam is about $8,000, and there is only one cam in the pop report! >>

I could see this coin bringing more than the CU guide lists for, given the population after 25 years.

But I don't think it will be for sale.
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My near term plans for the pictured DDR half is to enjoy it raw for a little while; and then to submit it for slabbing/grading.

No plans to sell it at this time.

Of course it is lonely and wants to be reunited with some of its siblings. Thus I will have to spend some time searching for another one; and another oneimage: in order to have a family reunion.
  • SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Kevin on a wonderful find!!! That is a sweet looking '61 Frankie DDR, and the rest of the coins look mighty nice too. image

I look forward to holding it in my sweaty little palms sometime in the next couple of months.
  • JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A real pic Sanction !
    Well now I might have to start looking at your threads image
    Congrats on a great find
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    i'm sad ...and think i'm being left out!....no cent photo.image

Hard to believe ot has been 5 years since I lucked out and snagged the 1961 proof set containing a DDR half dollar.

• Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

What did it end up grading?

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya did really good! Congrats !!

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you get around to getting it graded and TrueViewed?

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...

Still raw and my best pick up.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... you have the patience of a saint..... :D Actually, I would likely have kept it raw as well.....since I do not sell coins... Cheers, RickO

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats, dude!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! That is a great cherrypick

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2021 7:42PM

@SanctionII said:
    Resurrecting this very old thread to say that the DDR half I found in an OGP set (about 9.5 years ago) graded this >month as a PCGS PF67.

how many calls to pcgs did it take to push the order through after THAT long? :D

gratz. happy to see the results in the other thread!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been lookin' for one of those for over 30 years. I've never found one

• nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Legionary find and thread!
    👍👍👍

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file