Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

LordM's "Top Ten" giveaway (DONE! ricko and robkool split the prize!)

I passed my tenth anniversary on the forums back in August.

Now it looks as though I'm close to making the "Top 10 User Listing" on the "Today" page.

As of this post, I have a post count of 46,842 to Cosmicdebris' 46,870.

Look out, Cosmic Bill- I'm only 28 posts- no- I guess 27 after this one- from knocking you off the bottom of the list!

So what's all this mean?

Absolutely nothing at all. Just another fun, fake "milestone" to use as an excuse for a giveaway.

Just for fun, post a comment, grovel before my mightiness, or post a picture of any coin with a denomination of "10" on it.

After my name appears on the Top Ten User list, I'll do a random drawing from those who posted (so just post once, please).

The lucky winner will get a $10 PayPal gift from me.

And the winners were... ricko and robkool!

I say "winners", plural, because ricko won the first draw, but made a technical foul by posting more than once. So rather than totally disqualify him, I decided to give him half the prize and give the other half to the runner-up who had the second number I had drawn as a backup. That was robkool.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This piece has a 10 - $10.

And just to show you what a good sport I am, I'm going to drill a hole in it and send it to you if I win.

Not!

• Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a picture of my Pilgrim TercenTENary commemorative coin.

• Options
    You're already in the top 10 contributors in my opinion image
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    It's the best I can do at 1-something in the morning. Too lazy to take an actual picture of a dime.

• Options
    MarkInDavisMarkInDavis Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭
    And I thought I wasted - oops I mean spent a lot of time learning valuable information here. You have over 50 times my post count. I am humbled by your greatness and yet laughing at all the time you must have wasted here.image

Here is a dime which is, of course, 10 cents. Although there is no "10" on it.

imageimage
    image Respectfully, Mark
  • Options
    Lehigh96Lehigh96 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭
    How about 10 cents, PCGS OGH with CAC Gold.

That seems like a good way to commemorate your impressive milestone. That is seriously a lot of posts!
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://stores.ebay.com/Lehigh-Coins">LEHIGH COINS on E-Bay
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty Mercs. There's a gorgeous raw toner UNC Merc (a common 1940s date) that I thought about buying from guitarwes- he sublets my antique mall booth these days and it's in the case. I thought about making that the giveaway. But it would have cost twenty-something, so the ten bucks PayPal thing is easier (and cheaper) for me, and fits the theme better.

Keep the "tens" coming.

ModCrewman- clever! I wouldn't have thought about the Pilgrim TercenTENary half. (I'm a distant descendant of William Bradford, the fella on there, BTW.)

Coinrww2- aw, shucks. Thanks. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    It's got a 10 on it image

Ed
  • Options
    Indeed! 10 yen! I was thinkin' of my Darkside peeps when I posted this, too.

• Options
    Sorry for the crappy scan...

• Options
    Love those, Stubby!

I lived in the Bahamas on a sailboat when I was a kid, around age ten- the age my daughter is now. (1974, I think it was.)

So I've spent those! One of those cool, scallopy "bonefish" dimes would buy a comic book at the time. image

(I wonder if the comic books I bought back then would be worth anything now. Probably not. I wasn't into the superhero ones.)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No pictures... but I agree with a previous post... you are one of the top ten in quality of posts... I always read your posts.... well written and usually humorous. Congratulations... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Keep on posting the swaplist! I enjoy viewing and learning a little bit about the variety of items available. I'm sure there's another swap in our future.
    David
  • Options
    superpsychmdsuperpsychmd Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    No pic oh mighty lord, but I agree you are often amusing and offer some interesting coins as well. Keep on trucking'!

Dave
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭✭
    oh Master Forum member, with a keen hand for writing... I humbly post a coin you may like...

1) it has a "10" on it
    2) it's a holey coin
    3) it's a metal detecting find

For your consideration - my bad images below:

• Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got to post a CircCam for the CircCam King!

imageimage
  • Options
    MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
    Here's a '10' for you:

• Options
    A dug Bust dime! I'm jealous, regardless of its condition! I've only dug one Bust coin (a holey 1829 half dime).

Nice CircCam Bust dime, too!

And as to Bo Derek... well... I can't say why, but she never impressed me much in the looks department. Not even in the late '70s or early '80s, when she was at the peak of her popularity and I was younger with more hormones. Mind you, I've seen worse, but she'd only rate 8 to 8.5 on my scale, perhaps. Good pun on the whole "10" theme, though!

• Options
    With this post it looks as though I'm within two or three of the Top Ten list, now. Right at the threshold. I didn't expect to fill the gap so quickly.

I'll let this run at least to the end of the day, maybe, or better yet, until we can get 45-50 replies.

Then I'll do the drawing and somebody will get PAID!

In the meantime, I'm off to bed. Here it is noontime, and I worked all last night. *yawn* image

• Options
    EdscoinEdscoin Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭
    10 for 10, Or a dime for 10.
    ED
  • Options
    LormM!

Haven't talked to you in a while! Hope all is well with you.

Congrats!

Jim
    Jimmy L.
    Successful BST transactions with: Tdec1000, lordmarcovan, WTCG, PRoemisch, Hayden, bolivarshagnasty, nibanny, morgan3896, WaterSport
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭✭

Coingrats on hitting the Top 10!!!!!!!!!
    imageimage

• Options
    Interesting.

I'm now at 46,871 before posting this one, and it shows me one post higher than Cosmicdebris, yet he's still at the bottom of the list and I'm nowhere in sight.

Wouldn't it be a huge joke on me if I was focusing all this attention on a meaningless trifle like this, only to find out that the mods deactivated that feature long ago and it's frozen in time? image

• Options
    Congrats! 10image
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, LordM!

You're always 10/10 in my book!

• Options
    Can't you give away some jerky???image
    "A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grovel, grovel, grovel, all grovel LordM.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    <<(I'm a distant descendant of William Bradford, the fella on there, BTW)>>

Oh my gosh. Now it looks like we are triple cousins.
  • Options

<< <i>Can't you give away some jerky??? >>

I'd have to give it away if I had some, 'cause as much as I loved beef jerky in my previous life, I jus' ain't got the teefs fer it anymore, and my new dentures just won't cut it... literally. image

Joke's on me. It seems the whole "Top Ten User Listing" is a farce (not that you needed me to tell you that). I've surpassed Cosmicdebris but have not displaced him on the Top Ten list.

Ah, well. It's the holiday season, so 'tis easy enough to morph this into a random holiday giveaway instead, right? image

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    image Thanks
    ''Coin collecting is the only hobby where you can spend all your money and still have some left''
  • Options
    yoink!

that testing forum really helped some along.

you are about the only one who can claim your posts "really"
    mattered.

Rock on bro-oh and a Very Happy to You n Yours.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only 26 holes left in that project I purchased from you. I'm REALLY enjoying it! It is such fun hunting for coins that can actually be found with some regularity.
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    best I can do.. this overdate (11/10) large cent.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭
    Groveling (and to quote SNL):

We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

• Options
    MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And as to Bo Derek... well... I can't say why, but she never impressed me much in the looks department. Not even in the late '70s or early '80s, when she was at the peak of her popularity and I was younger with more hormones. Mind you, I've seen worse, but she'd only rate 8 to 8.5 on my scale, perhaps. Good pun on the whole "10" theme, though! >>

I never had a '10'.........

but I once had two 5's.

Top 10 User Listing

77431 coinhead1
    76026 clw54
    69564 XpipedreamR
    67112 mdwoods
    64099 Russ
    56179 coincop
    53846 kieferscoins
    52546 jonesy
    47209 laserart
    46873 lordmarcovan
  • Options
    I do not have a dime but here's my TEN

Glen
    I don't buy slabs I make them
  • Options
    HA! I'M IN THE TOP TEN NOW!

I guess it just took a little while to update.

BOW DOWN BEFORE ME, YE MORTALS!

Um. Yeah. Whatever! Where did THAT come from? image

• Options
    Congratulations on your Top 10 Status Lord M. I don't have a PayPal account so a PayPal prize doesn't help me. Just wanted to congratulate you.

Ron

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    I just noticed the trailer in your posts with what looks like the pre-Elizabeth II Imperial State crown. Could you give us a little history of that piece?

It is the only two dimensional presention (Other than a photo) that shows the crown taller than wide that I have ever seen. The crowns on coins are generally a fictional graphic representation that are wider than tall. Try picturing a head to go with your example and you can see why they did it that way.
  • Options
    dorkbardorkbar Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    I cower at your majesty, your worship. I post no image lest it offend you.
  • Options
    May you dig well, m'lord, and escape the holey curse. Unless you WANT the holeys...then, by all means, dig!
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Rob...
    Here is a kool bank note that represents 10 X 10. image

imageimage
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey Rob...
    Here is a kool bank note that represents 10 X 10. image

imageimage >>

Err.... I think you mean 10 x 10 x 10 image
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a Ten for your Top Ten...

Time flew bye didn't it !!

edited to say... no, its not mine !!
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭
    Well Done!

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Rob, youve allways been a 11 in my book

Hows that fer grovelingimage Congrats

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    "You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up..."

<< <i>Hey Rob, youve allways been a 11 in my book >>

These DO NOT go to 11

BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have replaced him now,... and only 318 from moving into number nine spot.... onward LordM....Cheers, RickO