Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Everyones white whale ?

13»

Comments

• Great card Mark. Great pickup.
  • RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭
    That Munson well exceeded my humble estimate. I thought maybe $7000 or even $10K. Nearly $18,000 was definitely a surprise.
  • Maybe someday
  • Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe someday
    image >>

What card is that, Ben?

BTW - I seem to remember us having a "successful transaction" a few months back ('77 OPC Hunter PSA 7).
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Wow - that's big bucks!
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • I would love to have this Nolan Ryan 1990 Score promo, notice no stats on last line. This is not my card but it does exist. The only example I have seen in person is the Will Clark.

• a signed 1957, maurice stokes card..lol
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Card: T3 Cobb

Board game: Major League "Indoor" Base Ball

Mike
  • i have never seen that one
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Card: T3 Cobb

Board game: Major League "Indoor" Base Ball

image >>

curious as to what this game looks like inside...and how its played.
    Hi RW

The game I posted is the more premium version of Major League Base Ball Game - Philadelphia Game Mfg. Co. - c1913-26.

Here's what the generic version looks like - I picked this up a few years ago:

As you can see, the game 'mechanism' has a spinner outcome. They included real teams and names from the 1913 season and then - I believe - one can buy teams/rosters from subsequent years.

In the turn of the century, many game makers were trying to come up with a mechanism that would give "real life" feeling to the game - and - of course - if they could provide real name players? That'd be a added bonus!

edit to add:

Mike
  • RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info and for sharing. There are a lot of neat old games out there. I recently bought my first - a 1948 "Home Team Baseball Game". It is a very reasonably priced game with a similar spinner-outcome design. I am sure you have seen it or have it already. Being in just a regular board-game type box, it would present much more nicely if I had it mounted inside a wood-framed box.

<< <i>Thanks for the info and for sharing. There are a lot of neat old games out there. I recently bought my first - a 1948 "Home Team Baseball Game". It is a very reasonably priced game with a similar spinner-outcome design. I am sure you have seen it or have it already. Being in just a regular board-game type box, it would present much more nicely if I had it mounted inside a wood-framed box. >>

Very cool game - haven't thought about it in some time - I assume this is it?

Selchow and Righter made the game in 1948 and again in 1964.

They also made a version of Home Team BB Game in 1917/18.

And here's an "indy" version of the game from 1918 by Ben Dickenson which is very similar to the Home Team BB in 1917.

Mike