Home Metal Detecting
Options

Vacationing in Florida....

Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
What do I need to know about metal detecting down there. Can I bring my MD'ed on the plane( I dont plan to check a bag). If I cant bring it with is it expensive to rent one there?

What else do I need to think of?

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you cant bring it on the aircraft itself but you can have it put in the belly of the plane ( unless they changed it again ). i had mine shipped down to north carolina usps. i felt safer doing it that way. anyone else got any more ideas for the op? it did get up and back with no damages either image
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Martin county..Stewart.If your close stop by and
    you can use mine DFX.
  • Options
    Well damn, cant bring it with. Grip is that near Orlando, I plan on renting a car when I get there. If not is it overly expensive to rent?
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can just Fedex it to the hotel you will be staying at... real reasonable cost, they will hold it for you - be sure to call ahead. This process is even becoming popular for people to ship their luggage.... no airline fees, no hassle pulling a bag around, have all you want to take along....check it out... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    If I had a better detector I might consider that Ricko, but all I have is an Ace 250. Not sure if its worth the hassel.
  • Options
    Your about two hrs from me south. Depends on traffic.
  • Options
    Jinx, do not forget.. the Ace 250 is not good in wet salt sand... ok when high and dry.... but near the water it will 'static out'... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Well I may just scratch MD'ing from my trip. Just found out thats FUN is there in Orlando and hey its while Im there. I have to go.

My wife thinks its no coincidence.....
  • Options
    Yep,... FUN would be the number one visit if I were there at the time.... But hey... your vacation will be several days... sure to be some time to swing on the beach... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    These days, bringing any kind of electronic device up to the airport is a huge pain in the butt. If you do manage, the metal detecting should be great if you can find a couple good sites
  • Options
    Richescoins..... Neither I, nor any of my several acquaintances have ever encountered a problem at the airport with MD's.... we do disassemble them and put them in checked baggage.... never a question... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Do you really want baggage handlers who's nickname in the industry is "Throwers" to handle your delicate piece of electronics? I wouldn't, You'd be much safer packaging it properly and shipping it there, the express package companies have a much lower loss and damage rate than the airlines.