Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

This is the University that Emery Mae Norweb's grandfather (Liberty Holden) helped in the 1880's

orevilleoreville Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

Click on this link.
Cleveland Turns Uptown Into New Downtown

This comment is very interesting:

<< <i>“There are 5,000 more jobs here than in 2005,” said Chris Ronayne, an urban planner who is president of University Circle Inc., a nonprofit community service organization that has helped manage the area’s development. “About 50,000 people work here. The number of residents grew 11 percent since 2000. And there are 10,000 people who live here now.” >>

Emery Mae Holden's (Norweb) grandfather Liberty Holden was probably the most important person in selling and gifting land in 1881-1882 to Western Reserve University (Adelbert College) in University Circle, Cleveland, Ohio which allowed the University to move from Hudson, Ohio to Cleveland, Ohio in 1882-1883.

The Holden Farm was purchased, providing 46 acres of land on which the new University Circle campuses of Case School of Applied Science and Western Reserve University were built.

The University is now known as Case Western Reserve University or simply Case. Both Cardinal, a poster here and myself are graduates of Case.

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Comments

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that's not the school of architecture building falling over.... image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

No....that is the School of Management that is a really modernistic design... no it is not falling over.
    i graduated from Case Western Reserve School of Management with an MBA back in 1977.

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting architecture....Imagine, if you can, how such a building would have been received in the late 1800's....If it could have been constructed.... :o:D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    cnncoinscnncoins Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

Oreville, I ran an NCAA National Cross Country Meet at Case Western in November 1977. We had six inches of snow the night before the race. The campus was very pretty as I remember.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file