Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    8.000 final mintage??
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>8.000 final mintage?? >>

7,627 as of yesterday... 8,000 is a good guess. Probably closer to 7,800.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the website it is showing a ship date of 12/15 on the front page, but backordered if you go through the steps.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't some of the comm halves really low sales wise as well?
    Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    I expect the Army unc to go backorder soon.

These could be winners as the gold commemoratives with mintages below 10K all carry a numismatic premium.

The MOH is a more attractive design but the army has a larger natural base of interested parties.

A lot of ex-army guys out there...............

On a side note if I get an army coin slabbed I might do the reverse in front as reverse is more attractive IMO than the obverse.
  • Options

<< <i>I expect the Army unc to go backorder soon.

These could be winners as the gold commemoratives with mintages below 10K all carry a numismatic premium.

The MOH is a more attractive design but the army has a larger natural base of interested parties.

A lot of ex-army guys out there...............

On a side note if I get an army coin slabbed I might do the reverse in front as reverse is more attractive IMO than the obverse. >>

Good info. Got two of each.
    Currently working with nurmaler. Older transactions....circa 2011 BST transactions Gecko109, Segoja, lpinion, Agblox, oldgumballmachineswanted,pragmaticgoat, CharlieC, onlyroosies, timrutnat, ShinyThingsInPM under login lightcycler
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    with the unsold inventory, very unlikely they are being pulled. Probably just the mid week gold repricing for later in the day.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    If it was gold re-pricing all of the gold products would have been pulled not just the Unc MOH..........

• Options
    "7,627 as of yesterday... 8,000 is a good guess. Probably closer to 7,800"

Is the mintage for both uncirc and proof?
    Where does the mintage info come from?

I've been watching these for the past few weeks, torn between uncirc and proof.
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Isn't some of the comm halves really low sales wise as well? >>

Shhh! image

I will very quietly admit to just buying a lot of army Unc commem halves..
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both the Army and MOH will go dark on 12/16...( They are part of the "Last opportunity" list)

US Mint
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file