Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone see Pawn Stars from Monday night?

Regardless of the result, why were they making a bigger deal about the Babe Ruth autograph than the Christy Mathewson?

I guess it just goes to show that they frame the show to make it more appealing/accessible; most people don't know who Mathewson is, but everyone knows Babe Ruth.
Collecting Tony Conigliaro

Comments

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I think in their business it's more valuable to have a general knowledge of a lot of things, I doubt they knew.

EDIT: Okay, I didn't actually watch that episode but that Jimi Hendrix signed lyrics page episode was a classic!
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    the owner knew they were forgeries...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    I guess it was on another episode of Pawn Stars but the fake Auto of Steve McQueen on the rare Bullitt poster was a real heart breaker.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that was the proceeding episode on Monday. I thought that one looked a little sketchy from the get-go, though, because all of the handwriting looked "similar," as if the same person had done all of the signatures.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    Looked like the autos on the bat where done with a sharpie...The Matty auto was not even close to his real one at all