Home Sports Talk

Boston Hires Valentine to Manage Red Sox

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
One of my all-time favorite Mets managers looks to be headed to Boston...maybe I will start rooting for the Sawx now, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    He's just keeping the seat warm for Maddon or Farrell....he's gone in a year or two.
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He's just keeping the seat warm for Maddon or Farrell....he's gone in a year or two. >>

unless he delivers!
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valentine is a great manager and will get the most out of his players...he took an essentially mediocre Mets team to the World Series back in 2000, with a starting OF consisting of Benny Agbayani, Bubba Trammell/Timo Perez and Jay Payton. He's been doing a great job over in Japan and I think Boston fans will like what they see.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Veteran personalities are gonna clash with this feisty guy...

good luck to him...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this selection will either be very good, or very bad...not much middle ground.

Time will tell, not sure his personality is the right mix for Fenway fans and the players.
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    He definately has the ego to manage the Sox.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the signing, I think he will get the clubhouse squared away pretty fast which is priority # 1, I think this guy has a great combo of Baseball knowledge along with a strong personality.

Im excited!
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Great to see Bobby back in the Major Leagues.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Some on-the-mark predictions in this thread....and some WAAAYYY off the mark.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The inmates were running the asylum before Bobby V got there. Connie Mack couldn't turn that thing around.

• Twas only a matter of time before someone dug this one out of the crypt is was comfortable sleeping in. How long does it take before this has 50 replies?
  • 2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the signing, I think he will get the clubhouse squared away pretty fast which is priority # 1, I think this guy has a great combo of Baseball knowledge along with a strong personality.

Uh, OK.....

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA