Home Precious Metals
Options

New Junk weekend purchase 11-26-11- Post your junk

I bought some junk this weekend, Junk 90%, $50 face at 21x, 2-10oz. Bars "Minted from U.S. Strategic Stockpile Silver 1981", another $20 face from the BST (Peace Dollars and Frankies) for 21.5xface and the ugly spouse 1/2 oz at spot +1% in OG|P. Not to bad in my book! Post you weekend junk or trophies here.

Comments

• Options
    This is my most recent purchase during this Thanksgiving weekend................................

It is a 1-oz 1973 Colonial Mint "Vince Lombardi" silver art bar. I bought it at a dealer today and I paid $38.39 for it. The 9.25% TN sales tax caused me to pay a total of $38.39 for it but it is worth it because I love collecting sports-themed silver art bars.
    DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No buys for me, but that is a nice haul TN..... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Like I always say...YAHOOO!!! silver and gold, silver and gold.image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that vince lombardi looks interesting
  • Options
    TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭
    Not much and nothing special, but picked this up at a small local show today. When I asked for a price, the seller said it was just bullion- 50 cents over spot or $31.50. And I got the hair for free!

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Slim pickings this weekend. I got a few oz of silver but no pics until I get home from work

I like those 2 10 oz TN
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Got a 1944 silver war nickel in my change at the train station on Thursday. image
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    Nice silver pickup there.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    my junk is just fineimage

just don't touch it, thank-you
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Got a 1944 silver war nickel in my change at the train station on Thursday. image >>

War nics usually stand out because of their dark gray color. Can we assume you spotted it without even first looking at the date?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Nice haul guys!
    Remember that the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

BSTs with: Coll3ctor, gsa1fan, mkman123, ajbauman, tydye, piecesofme, pursuitofliberty

Travelog - 20in20travels.com
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Got a 1944 silver war nickel in my change at the train station on Thursday. image >>

War nics usually stand out because of their dark gray color. Can we assume you spotted it without even first looking at the date? >>

It did jump out at me a little even before I saw the date because of the color. But I wasn't positive till I looked more closely. I seem to get a lot of funky, cruddy coins in my change, especially zincoln pennies, so the color was just a hint.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)