Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2009 Topps Mantle 1/1 Bat Jersey PSA 10 - What is this Worth?

Mantle PSA 10 1/1

What do you think this would bid out at? Looks like a sweet PSA 10 card.

Meatloaf

Comments

• swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    my guess is a little over $300.00

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Seller left plenty of cash on the table by going with PSA over beckett on this one.

9.5 has more appeal on modern than this crap case.
  • My guess being a 1/1 in a PSA Gem Mint 10. How could a value be placed on a rarity like this. It is in the eyes of the beholder and what he or she wants to pay for it. Or the seller and what they want to sell it for. Slugger1800
  • CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Agree with the ugly slab. Im going to say a little higher than Swartzie, about $400. And welcome, Slugger.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Seller left plenty of cash on the table by going with PSA over beckett on this one.

9.5 has more appeal on modern than this crap case. >>

My perception is that BGS slabs pull more than PSA on the modern shiny items. I have no historical data to back this up.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice card, but I really hate these "manufactured rarities". I mean, how many game used bats/jerseys did Topps put out of Mantle in 2009? A Mantle game used card is not all that rare, and yet they make it rare by putting a 1/1 on it. It wouldn't surprise me if there isn't another card exactly like that one that is numbered to 10 or numbered to 25.

Shane

• corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice card, but I really hate these "manufactured rarities". I mean, how many game used bats/jerseys did Topps put out of Mantle in 2009? A Mantle game used card is not all that rare, and yet they make it rare by putting a 1/1 on it. It wouldn't surprise me if there isn't another card exactly like that one that is numbered to 10 or numbered to 25. >>

close, lol

#'d/75

#'d/99

• hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My guess being a 1/1 in a PSA Gem Mint 10. How could a value be placed on a rarity like this. It is in the eyes of the beholder and what he or she wants to pay for it. Or the seller and what they want to sell it for. Slugger1800 >>

So how much do you have into it?
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    What bothers me most is that THIS is labeled as a refractor by PSA. Send in a variation of this card, or crack this one and send it in, and it doesn't get labeled wrong.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    check out this bidder with 0 feedback...

30-Day Summary
    Total bids: 238
    Items bid on: 131
    Bid activity (%) with this seller: 0% Help
    Bid retractions: 40
    Bid retractions (6 months): 207

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>check out this bidder with 0 feedback...

30-Day Summary
    Total bids: 238
    Items bid on: 131
    Bid activity (%) with this seller: 0% Help
    Bid retractions: 40
    Bid retractions (6 months): 207 >>

Oh dear.......
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Thanks for the welcome Cubby! (This card is decent. Why knock it.) Whoever is. Slugger1800
  • TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    Are those bat pieces or stadium seats? image
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro

• << <i>Are those bat pieces or stadium seats? image >>

"Relic"= You are correct (At least I agree with you)
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Really not a fan of cards like this. There is nothing saying this is actually Mantle's game used items, and the disclaimer on the back eludes to the fact that it's not.

The relics contained in this card are not from any specific game, event or season.

Even if it was his relics, why in the world would anyone destroy a Mantle game-used item for some stupid manufactured modern baseball card? Just not a fan.

• << <i>. . . why in the world would anyone destroy a Mantle game-used item for some stupid manufactured modern baseball card? Just not a fan. >>

Because it is topps, and they print money. Sorry I mean sports cards.

PSA really needs to come up with something new... these monster slabs suck!
  • Whats up. Something good comes along and the bad have to knock it. What a mess. Slugger1800
  • Has anybody ever seen a card like this one? Its a Prime Cuts II 2004 Babe Ruth MLB ICONS with Babes # 3 Authentic Jersey Pinstripe PSA 7 (It has Sample in Gold letters on the reverse.) I am sorry I am posting this question under Meatloaf. I am a greenhorn to the message board. Hoping I am not being a hassle to anybody. You can view this card Ebay # 130610137453 Slugger1800
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anybody ever seen a card like this one? >>

Sure

Seen lots of cards like that one, where the company, in an effort to make a profit, takes an historic & often irreplaceable jersey or bat, shreds it, and puts the worthless remnants inside cards that will be forgotten and worthless in a few years.

Yeah I've seen cards like those