Home Precious Metals
Options

APMEX site down?

OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
I can't get on it. Anyone else having the same problems?

Just came back up...
"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Comments

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Who cares about A(I mean D box)PMEX.
    They lost a lot of potential future business from board participants.
    I never go there anymore.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>Who cares about A(I mean D box)PMEX.
    I never go there anymore. >>

Nothing like cutting of your nose to spite your face, hey?...
    BTW, I sold 5 oz of K'Rands to them on Fri. at Balto coin show @ $1737 per coin. Hassle free transaction..took less than 5 minutes, they got my bullion & I got their check... No 1099 and they didn't ask for the name of my first born. image They are one of only a handful of "games in town" for the small investor.
  • Options
    As far as I am concerned, they can close their doors tomorrow and they would be doing everyone a favor.
  • Options
    My only issue with them is the premiums and shipping costs. It cuts into the true cost of each piece. Never having sold anything with them (I use bullion direct for that) I can't offer an opinion one way or the other on that side.

But they are expensive... Anyone sold to provident metals yet?
    Remember that the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

BSTs with: Coll3ctor, gsa1fan, mkman123, ajbauman, tydye, piecesofme, pursuitofliberty

Travelog - 20in20travels.com
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    I sold some PMs to APMEX once and it was an extemely smooth operation all-around. Very professional on the phone call with great turnaround times and communication. Prices were as good as I found anywhere else.
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I sold some PMs to APMEX once and it was an extemely smooth operation all-around. Very professional on the phone call with great turnaround times and communication. Prices were as good as I found anywhere else. >>

When the price is hitting 48 per oz and you need to sell fast... APMEX works every time! image
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've bought and sold a lot from APMEX. Just bought 250 oz. of silver from them and I was suprised the shipping was only $10, or 4 cents per ounce. Seems like it used to be more. This is the first time I remember them using Fed Ex.
  • Options
    I'm having trouble tonight. BTW love APMEX image If you buy large quantities at a time the shipping is not bad at all
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options
    Hint...If you purchase enough from them, they make you a "Diamond" and your shipping charges will never exceed $10.
  • Options
    They won't get "Diamond" level customers because they treat new customers like "Dirt".
  • Options

<< <i>Who cares about A(I mean D box)PMEX.
    I never go there anymore. >>

<< <i>Nothing like cutting of your nose to spite your face, hey?...
    >>

You hit the nail on the head, they took care of their long time customers with those ATBs and gave "A" crap to the newbies.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They won't get "Diamond" level customers because they treat new customers like "Dirt". >>

I don't know about diamond level but my receipt said I was a Platinum member. I need to ask them where's my platinum, because they didn't send me any. I can't be a member without it. If they expect me to graduate from wooden nickel member to platinum member, they're going to have to send some complimentary platinum.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>They won't get "Diamond" level customers because they treat new customers like "Dirt". >>

I don't know about diamond level but my receipt said I was a Platinum member. I need to ask them where's my platinum, because they didn't send me any. I can't be a member without it. If they expect me to graduate from wooden nickel member to platinum member, they're going to have to send some complimentary platinum. >>

I stand corrected...it's Platinum & not Diamond...I was thinking of my Harrah's Comp card designation.image

BTW..You should also receive your Popcorn can for Christmas.