Home Metal Detecting
Options

Nov 19, 2011: 5 Silvers

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭
Got out to a swimming hole that's produced a decent amount of silver in the past. Was hoping they drained it as they always have in the past. Slightly bummed it was still full, but decided to hit some grassy area around it.

LOTS OF TRASH! About a half hour in, out popped a 1964-D Roosie. Not sure why almost every silver coin from this location is toned. Must be the soil. A little later I get a quarter signal, but a dime comes out instead at just about an inch deep. Seeing it was dark and thinking it was clad I rubbed the back... looked at it and thought, "oops, that's a merc!" Put a couple of hairlines on it, but nothing too bad.

Got three more silver coins after that. Is is possible the quarter was at the end of a roll?

Running out of detecting time!! Everyone go out and get some finds. Don't forget to post them in the forum either.

HH all.

Comments

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 silvers! Nice.. I bet that was one unhappy kid in the 50s that lost that quarter..
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You had another good "silver" day. How many does that make you for the year?
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great day...you keep pulling that silver out.... well done. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You had another good "silver" day. How many does that make you for the year? >>

Thanks all! Yesterday's finds puts me at 61 silver coins for the year.

What's surprising is only one wheat cent popped out. It's odd to have more silver than wheats on a hunt.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,514 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats a decent haul. yes time is running out for sure. here in new england it certainly is image
  • Options
    Can I ask what area are you hunting.... No i dont mean exact spot..... I live in Gettysburg and do a TON of Civil War relics hunting with some NICE finds.... Just wondering a general area