Home Sports Talk
Options

Who to start-Week#11

Gaffney vs Dal at Was or Avant vs NYG in NY. My initial analysis has Avant with the better matchup,
but I'm wondering can Young get him the ball? Also with Hankerson out Gaffney moves to WR 1,
but I'm not sure Sexy Rexy can get him the ball either.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    I'd play Gaffney, although unless you are in a 14-team league or something, there has to be a better option on the waiver wire, no?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantasy Football is a joke, Flip a Coin on who to start. Im 100% done with Fantasy Football after this year, I quit betting NFL because its too frustrating now Fantasy Football has reached that level for me as well.

I LOVE how I get 2 BS points combined with Vincent Jackson and Steve Johnson and lose by 4. Oh and I cant forget 2 different weeks that a Defensive Fumble return for a TD not only cost me Wins but also cost me High of the week both times as well for a neat loss of $440
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Awww, come on Paul. The breaks go both ways, you will get some and lose some. In the long
    run they will even out.

• Options
    lol, Perk....you sound a lot like me, although I'm not ready to give it up. The lows of losing in fantasy definitely outweigh the highs of winning. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth the frustration.

<<<The breaks go both ways, you will get some and lose some. In the long run they will even out. >>>

So how long do I have to play before they start evening out? I've been the commish in my league for 10 years now, and I can recall exactly ONE lucky break I got (which happened to lead me to my only title).

For instance, earlier this year, I had Manningham on MNF vs. the Rams, needing 14 points to win. So what happens? Eli throws him a perfect pass in the 2nd quarter....all he has to do is catch it and walk into the end zone. Instead he bobbles it, catches it, and in the process, goes to the ground and CONCUSSES HIMSELF without being hit. Of course, he sits out the rest of the game. I lose by 7, that TD would have given me 8 more points and the win. Unfortunately that sequence of events ranks about 8th on my all-time list of "once-in-a-lifetime" freak occurences that cost me a fantasy game.
  • Options
    I caught a lucky break this year, when my team scored my lowest point total of the season, but
    still managed to get the W. In my unlucky break, I had a fairly comfy lead in the SD vs KC game.
    In the 3rd quarter I was thinking if this game ends in regualtion I will win, also thinking that that the
    only way it could go to OT was with a 2 pt conversion from SD. Chargers did convert the 2 pt'er,
    and the game went into OT. I lost in OT cause a SD LB made about 5 or 6 consecutive tackles with
    Cassel throwing short passes. (An IDP league) Geez, what a heart breaker that was.

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    #1 receiver and the regualr qb is back - gaffney all the way...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    It will be Gaffney. I had to drop Avant to cover an injury.

• Options
    I'd say that worked out for you!
  • Options
    Well The Fantasy Gods did their best to stick it too me this week with another stupid performance out of Greg Jennings but I did manage to eek out a W by 3 points because Stafford threw 5 TD's, funny that I had to stress out until the final KC drive on Monday night before I could revel in a Victory image
  • Options
    Ok need some HUGE luck this week if I want a Playoff spot....I took a flyer on Burelson and Donald Brown image
  • Options
    Burleson didn't quite work out, but I think Brown could give you a big day....

So, I've got one for you guys - Greene, McKnight, or Manningham as my flex?

In my league, we get individual return yds/TDs, so McKnight isn't a bad a play as it seems. Plus, if the Jets roll the Bills like I expect, he could see a heavy 2nd half workload.
  • Options

<< <i>Burleson didn't quite work out, but I think Brown could give you a big day....

So, I've got one for you guys - Greene, McKnight, or Manningham as my flex?

In my league, we get individual return yds/TDs, so McKnight isn't a bad a play as it seems. Plus, if the Jets roll the Bills like I expect, he could see a heavy 2nd half workload. >>

Burleson was not a good play however my opponent had Alex Smith and the 49'ers D going so Im looking OK I think...

Id go with Manningham myself, but again do what I do and flip a coin image
  • Options
    Do not start Super Mario. He has not practiced all week, and would be an extremely risky option
    to start Monday nite. Since Ryan has assumed to have placed McKnight to be the passing down
    back, if its a PPR league go with McKnight. Otherwise start Greene.