Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2010-S Silver Kennedy Proof lowest mintage of series

I don't know if anyone cares but it appears that based on sales to date and current sales rate that the 2010-S Silver Kennedy Proof is on its way to being the low mintage coin for the series when sales end in 57 days.

Looks to end under 600,000 mintage.

Comments

• Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    The modern proof sets have basically been shown to be worthless as far as value goes so I don't think that will change.

I get them as xmas or birthday gifts from parents every year so, and I enjoy them as a collection and that is okay.
    Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    Don't shoot the messenger.
  • Options
    there aren't 600,000 Ken collectors and there wont be in my life time
  • Options
    coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    Even the 1998-S Special issue is a hard sell these days with a much lower mintage.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The modern proof sets have basically been shown to be worthless as far as value goes so I don't think that will change.

I get them as xmas or birthday gifts from parents every year so, and I enjoy them as a collection and that is okay. >>

Really....please inform the the SILVER PROOF SET collectors of your findings, I'm sure that's news to them.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    I,m in the process of building a wall display for the NGC set of 50 state quarters in silver....theres a bit of bullion value there but what makes it nice is that everyones state design looks Good in silver
  • Options

<< <i>I don't know if anyone cares but it appears that based on sales to date and current sales rate that the 2010-S Silver Kennedy Proof is on its way to being the low mintage coin for the series when sales end in 57 days.

Looks to end under 600,000 mintage. >>

The current mintage of 600,000 is nearly 10 times the mintage of the 98-S Mattie image
  • Options

<< <i>I,m in the process of building a wall display for the NGC set of 50 state quarters in silver....theres a bit of bullion value there but what makes it nice is that everyones state design looks Good in silver >>

Ya but Maine looks the best. image
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    So does that mean the silver dime is also the lowest?
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So does that mean the silver dime is also the lowest? >>

Yes it is the lowest mintage proof dime since 1955.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB ...Silver Kennedy Proof Halves.

Is that okay here or do I have to go to the mint ?
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There may be some other scarcities...a boatload of silver proofs got melted when silver hit $50.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KOOL !!! I just picked up one graded PR70DCAM (pcgs) for my sons birth year set. I wonder how much it would eventually be worth ??? Hmmmmm...
  • Options
    coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The modern proof sets have basically been shown to be worthless as far as value goes so I don't think that will change.

I get them as xmas or birthday gifts from parents every year so, and I enjoy them as a collection and that is okay. >>

Really....please inform the the SILVER PROOF SET collectors of your findings, I'm sure that's news to them.image >>

I'm sure they are well aware that they have little value over melt. Even the "key" set 1999 are selling for about $100 now.
  • Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file