Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My TRUE Halloween Hellhound Horror Story (yes, there's a numismatic tie-in.) *Scroll down for 2014

2»

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, not at all. 'Tis a bit late for my Halloween story to be topical, but the muzzle suggestion is never out of the question, with that cur.

(Edit to add- been there, done that. Muzzles don't last long on an animal that can break a steel cable.)

He's actually been pretty good for the past two days. (Uh-oh, look out.)

Dixie is the one who's in the doghouse at the moment. She's taken to jumping the fence.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rob,

Thanksgiving is just around the corner. These animal stories are a treat any time.
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed this very funny thread the first time around. Great post! image
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, the horror!

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    TTT, in light of TexasNationals' doggie horror story.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Resurrected for October of 2014. Why not?

And a digital resurrection of sorts for ol' Max, may he RIP. image

He got out of the gate last year and chased a log truck again. Unfortunately for him, he caught it that time. Or it caught him.

I thought that dog was indestructible, but I guess he finally met his match.

He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, God bless 'im.

So now his Yard Dog position is being filled by Teddy, an equally bullet-headed Shepherd/Blue Heeler mix.

And now, the 2014 sequel.

If you want a more up-to-date scary story for Halloween 2014, click here.

Or don't, if you're squeamish. You've been warned. image

It's also critter-related. But less coin-related. Totally OT, in fact. (But I get a little more leeway for such silliness on the Darkside sometimes.)

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a pic of Teddy?
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out here in California we have "Country Dogs":

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he didn't agree with the grade

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options

<< <i>Do you have a pic of Teddy? >>

Somewhere, yeah. I think most of 'em are on Ladymarcovan or Victoria's cellphones, though.

I'll see if I can find the Halloween picture from (last year? no- 2012?) where Victoria was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood and posing with Teddy as the Big Bad Wolf. That's a good seasonal one. In the meantime, Teddy kinda looks like the critter WB2 just posted above.

• Options
    Dang. Couldn't find the Teddy/Victoria "Big Bad Wolf Goes Trick-or-Treating With Little Red Riding Hood" Halloween picture. Maybe later.

In the meantime, here he is on the back porch, taken mere moments ago. (Along with his junior sidekick, Hairball.)

Note the dirty snout. So he's been diggin' again. Great. It seems the spirit of ol' Max has been reincarnated, just like this old thread.

Also near the back porch are Charlotte and Boris*, our unintentional "pets", seen here with Ladymarcovan's hand for scale. They are Halloween-appropriate, don'tcha think? (And Charlotte is even bigger and scarier looking, now, harmless to humans though she is.)

We don't have a solid black cat for Halloween, but here is Sergeant Pepper having a "cat scan" done. Close enough.

(This picture is a few weeks old, but as I type this, he's in the exact same spot atop my scanner. No wonder I always get cat hair in my coin pix.)

And you already saw the picture of Poof with the fake pumpkins, if you clicked the link to the sequel story above.

What's that you say? This is a COIN forum, and all the critter pix are getting dangerously OT? You're absolutely right.

Here is a modest-but-fun Halloween coin giveaway for YNs of all ages.

• Options
    I wanted to see Teddy as one of our dogs is a shepherd mixed with ?? heeler or cattle dog. the faces are similar anyway. thanks!
  • Options
    I wanted to see Teddy as one of our dogs is a shepherd mixed with ?? heeler or cattle dog. the faces are similar anyway. thanks!
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What's that you say? This is a COIN forum, and all the critter pix are getting dangerously OT? You're absolutely right. >>

I have a 1939 Proof 66 Jefferson Nickel I sent in to our hosts about 15 years ago, that before I sent it in, it sat raw on my desk
    for a few days, anyhow it's got a paw print on it that I can't blame anybody at PCGS for, because I know My "Cupcakes" the
    meanest orneriest Calico Cat West of Mississippi knocked it on to the carpet before I sent it in. Cups was 18 when she went
    to kitty heaven and I'll never ever sell that 39 because it's special for that reason alone image

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about Max. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file