Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2011 anniversary set potential value analysis

2006 reverse proofs that were unique to that set just like 2 of these will be to the 2011 set are going for around $225 in the 69 grade and it would be safe to assume that most sets will be at least a 69. So the 2006 "s" and "reverse proof" will be limited to 100,000 or 2 1/2 times as rare as the 2006 proofs. Unfortunately, it is not as simple as saying well they should sell for 2 1/2 times as much because they are 2 1/2 times as rare, but lets be ultra-conservative and say they should at least sell for 1 1/2 times as much. Now we multiply $225 by 1.5 and we come up with about $340 for the reverse proof and "s". $340 times 2 is $680 and add in the other 3 with the unc being worth about $50, the bullion about $40, and the proof about $60 and we then have about $830 as being the market value of these sets, but once again this is based on 69 grades for the 2 keys and just raw prices for the other 3, and the likely potential exists for a 70 either on the "s" or reverse proof which would likely command $700 or $800 alone. A $1000 a set is very likely based on the rarity of the 2 keys from this set alone relative to what the 2006 reverse proof iis doing.

The argument also could be made that the 95 w is going for around $3000 in 69 grades and that is only about 3 times as rare as the 2 keys will be here, so if you take 1/3 of $3000 you are at $1000 for the "s" and "reverse proof". Obviously, coin collecting isn't an exact science and isn't as simple as taking mintages relative to other mintages, but it does put into perspective what a rare coin that has a low mintage can do.

Finally, it should also be mentioned that these 2006 sets have well subsided from these peaks and who knows where these 2011 sets will be peak, but I bet $1500 isn't out of the question by Christmas.

Comments

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>2006 reverse proofs that were unique to that set just like 2 of these will be to the 2011 set are going for around $225 in the 69 grade and it would be safe to assume that most sets will be at least a 69. So the 2006 "s" and "reverse proof" will be limited to 100,000 or 2 1/2 times as rare as the 2006 proofs. Unfortunately, it is not as simple as saying well they should sell for 2 1/2 times as much because they are 2 1/2 times as rare, but lets be ultra-conservative and say they should at least sell for 1 1/2 times as much. Now we multiply $225 by 1.5 and we come up with about $340 for the reverse proof and "s". $340 times 2 is $680 and add in the other 3 with the unc being worth about $50, the bullion about $40, and the proof about $60 and we then have about $830 as being the market value of these sets, but once again this is based on 69 grades for the 2 keys and just raw prices for the other 3, and the likely potential exists for a 70 either on the "s" or reverse proof which would likely command $700 or $800 alone. A $1000 a set is very likely based on the rarity of the 2 keys from this set alone relative to what the 2006 reverse proof iis doing.

The argument also could be made that the 95 w is going for around $3000 in 69 grades and that is only about 3 times as rare as the 2 keys will be here, so if you take 1/3 of $3000 you are at $1000 for the "s" and "reverse proof". Obviously, coin collecting isn't an exact science and isn't as simple as taking mintages relative to other mintages, but it does put into perspective what a rare coin that has a low mintage can do.

Finally, it should also be mentioned that these 2006 sets have well subsided from these peaks and who knows where these 2011 sets will be peak, but I bet $1500 isn't out of the question by Christmas. >>

I think your $1500 is way to high of a guess. I see the set topping out at averages of $750 and dropping back to $400-500 in the spring. I also see the 70's pulling 1k in the beginning and falling back to $500 or less. Of course you will see anomolies well in excess along the way but cooler heads and wallets will bring them back to earth. Hype only lasts for so long and it's real thick around here. 100k mintage is low but not that low!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>2006 reverse proofs that were unique to that set just like 2 of these will be to the 2011 set are going for around $225 in the 69 grade and it would be safe to assume that most sets will be at least a 69. So the 2006 "s" and "reverse proof" will be limited to 100,000 or 2 1/2 times as rare as the 2006 proofs. Unfortunately, it is not as simple as saying well they should sell for 2 1/2 times as much because they are 2 1/2 times as rare, but lets be ultra-conservative and say they should at least sell for 1 1/2 times as much. Now we multiply $225 by 1.5 and we come up with about $340 for the reverse proof and "s". $340 times 2 is $680 and add in the other 3 with the unc being worth about $50, the bullion about $40, and the proof about $60 and we then have about $830 as being the market value of these sets, but once again this is based on 69 grades for the 2 keys and just raw prices for the other 3, and the likely potential exists for a 70 either on the "s" or reverse proof which would likely command $700 or $800 alone. A $1000 a set is very likely based on the rarity of the 2 keys from this set alone relative to what the 2006 reverse proof iis doing.

Finally, it should also be mentioned that these 2006 sets have well subsided from these peaks and who knows where these 2011 sets will be peak, but I bet $1500 isn't out of the question by Christmas. >>

I think your $1500 is way to high of a guess. I see the set topping out at averages of $750 and dropping back to $400-500 in the spring. I also see the 70's pulling 1k in the beginning and falling back to $500 or less. Of course you will see anomolies well in excess along the way but cooler heads and wallets will bring them back to earth. Hype only lasts for so long and it's real thick around here. 100k mintage is low but not that low!! >>

I think a 70 set will hit $1000. Presales are going for $700 right now. You're telling me that we'll only see another $50ish for a full 70 set? No way. Much higher. Not $1500 high, but at least $1000.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think a 70 set will hit $1000. Presales are going for $700 right now. You're telling me that we'll only see another $50ish for a full 70 set? No way. Much higher. Not $1500 high, but at least $1000. >>

I'll buy your 70 set! image
  • Options
    "100k mintage is low but not that low!! "

Thats what im thinking

• Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Another thing that may drive down value is the 5 household limit means more will probably be listed for sale as opposed to if it was one per household. The extra 4 people got will be sold.
  • Options
    A lot depends on how the grading goes. I think PCGS will be strict on these for the average joe.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I think your $1500 is way to high of a guess. I see the set topping out at averages of $750 and dropping back to $400-500 in the spring. I also see the 70's pulling 1k in the beginning and falling back to $500 or less. Of course you will see anomolies well in excess along the way but cooler heads and wallets will bring them back to earth. Hype only lasts for so long and it's real thick around here. 100k mintage is low but not that low!! >>

I think a 70 set will hit $1000. Presales are going for $700 right now. You're telling me that we'll only see another $50ish for a full 70 set? No way. Much higher. Not $1500 high, but at least $1000. >>

1K each for the S and RP coins in the beginning (PCGS 70)
  • Options
    If those are hitting a thousand each, then an unopened set is going to go for a lot more than $750.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I like the post, it's a good one, five years ago is long gone. People don't have the same amount of disposable income. I would lower your comparision prices.

I also think the ATB pucks caught fire and brought in a lot of collectors.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    If I were to guess about future prices on these sets. Unopened boxes of 5 sets will peak at 5800. Boxes of lesser quanity's will bring slightly more because of the cost of grading all as FS (if available). Boxes of 1-2 will bring the highest premium as sealed unopened sets. Graded PCGS sets (all 70's) will sell initially for over 7000 and peak at 9000. Prices will stay high until after Christmas and will slowly level off to 800 for sealed sets (each) with graded sets leveling off at 5500-6000 (all 70's).............69 sets will sell for slightly less than the sealed boxes (just because of the chance for 70's)...........All my predictions are based ONLY on PCGS coins.............Crazy as it seems and the economy being what it is the long term looks very good as collectors will purchase for the future not just today. Keep in mind that flippers also purchase as they see prices rising (causing the price to rise higher). If only 34,000 people have the coins and there is a collector base of 200K ???or more
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A lot depends on how the grading goes. I think PCGS will be strict on these for the average joe. >>

Yeah, the grading floodgates will open for the patrician, then close for the plebian.

After the initial rush of high grades on the 2010 5 oz bullion pucks where high grades were easier than water over Hoover Dam, it quickly shut off and became a trickle.
  • Options
    Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭
    I sold several of the 2006 (3) coin sets graded by PCGS in 69 grade with First Strike label for $600+ per set. I think the (5) coin 2011 set in PCGS 69 first strike will easily top $1000 at some point over the next 6-10 months. Like a previous poster pointed out, I will gladly buy your (5) coin PCGS 70 set for $1000 if you want to sell. The 2006 reverse proof in first strike 70 grade still commands $700+ just for the one coin.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    Check out this link...5 sets of perfect 70's guaranteed by Dec. .... Link image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what the collector base for SAE's can support. This group is not used to spending 1k on their coin, but what $30-60. This is also a very broad collector base and some may not be in a place to spend that type of cash this year.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little confused here. I've mentioned and I don't think anyone has answered... the original keys are still THE keys and they determine the maximum possible number of complete sets. So everyone is saying there are more than 100k serious collectors that MUST have these? People will pay mega-bucks to have ALMOST complete sets? That just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. 100k is a big mintage compared to series like classic commems. There may be a million people collecting the annual bullion series but, by definition, there can't be that many looking to complete all of it.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options

<< <i>Check out this link...5 sets of perfect 70's guaranteed by Dec. .... Link image >>

Auction is worded wrong. That auction is for one set. Not 5.
  • Options
    commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>While I like the post, it's a good one, five years ago is long gone. People don't have the same amount of disposable income. I would lower your comparision prices.

I also think the ATB pucks caught fire and brought in a lot of collectors. >>

Honestly, I don't think the economy and disposable income is going to have a lot, if any impact on this.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Check out this link...5 sets of perfect 70's guaranteed by Dec. .... Link image >>

Auction is worded wrong. That auction is for one set. Not 5. >>

Thanks for pointing that out...guess i should send in my sets for grading? image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

I guess it is risk free. Buy them and if the set price tanks, open a case @ 30 days - since there is no way he will have the set by then (or mid-December for that matter)
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Any auction that has image as it's openig image in the description, should probably be avoided.

MHO.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a pitiful auction and should be pulled ASAP!!!!

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>While I like the post, it's a good one, five years ago is long gone. People don't have the same amount of disposable income. I would lower your comparision prices.

Honestly, I don't think the economy and disposable income is going to have a lot, if any impact on this. >>

We will see but $1500 is a lot of money for a $300 set.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to forget the 100k mintage on these when analyzing value of the graded coins. Many of these will never see grading because they were opened. Many ebay sellers are cracking out their five set box and selling individually. Total Pops on these in slabs will be much lower than 100K.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    Good Point Derry!.......Alot of sealed boxes will never see an auction or a buy it now on e-bay. So that will make the available for sale items even harder to get at the right prices. We are only seeing a handfull of the items for sale (on presales) The real prices will be when they are in-hand and people can touch and feel..............I stand by my predictions...........edited for spelling
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Unlike the 2006 Anniversary set where I believe all collectors could get one, a majority of collectors were shut out of the 25th Anniversary Set. I think this will play a dynamic role in the price of this set. I am not even guessing what it may eventually cost.
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    95% of the presales are multiple sets.

Take the modern haters lowball estimates with a grain of salt. It is truly sour grapes on their part.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, all this talk seems mostly speculative fever IMO.

First of all, nearly all of these are likely to be of 69 quality and likely a 69 and a raw will be the same. There is snob appeal in 70s but I think it best to go to the raw and 69s where most collectors will. Comparing to the 95W is specious to me in many ways since we know a number are trapped in their original sets with four brother gold coins - how many does this leave available? Don't know but less than 30k.

I have noted but am too lazy to do the research that supply demand curves are critical and should be elastic with regards to this issue & the point at which demand and supply intersect will determine price: initial fever, build up, slight drop, plateau with a gentle slope downward so some point of more stable pricing assuming no other factors such as demand collapse with a further downturn in this economy. Much of the "demand" is temporary and currently driven by speculative fever IMO.

Also, pointing to the earlier '06 set which is more common but more affordable is interesting with its fewer coins so demand would be relatively higher at its lower price. As the price rises demand falls off; as supply is above 30k by a lot many of the principles in Eric's moderns book will take over in that none of these will be the key or even close & this will drive down eventual demand as well. Other factors like the mint continuing a series of "S" mint uncs. might be helpful in stimulating demand or harmful in providing more of the type and mintmark albeit of a different date.

I have no idea where they would settle out eventually but guess that the Ws and proofs & currency bullion will be retail 60, 60, 45 with maybe a slight bit of fluff for labels leaving only the two RP and S mint coins to be of consequence. 250k coins in the case of the 05 set blew out the supply side of the curve so it took arteficial groupings like FS, early release, labelling tricks like "Anniversary" status to attempt to divide this number down. Even the 70 grades may be a bit specious given the understandable and seeming difficulty for the TPGs to reproduce this grade on regrade tests done with modern coins (regraded 70s have a high percentage of regrades at lower & usually 69 or even 68 levels). By blowing out, I mean that the value never really took off even with the RP coins.

I will hazard a guess of plateau prices eventually of 250-300 for the S and RP coins in raw or 69, not counting label arteficial varieties and so think the raw or 69 group may find a level for the five coin set at 600-650. That is wild guessing but at least based on some additional considerations...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    TO ADD:
    What about the all the people who are planning to sit on SEALED sets for a while? (years). I know a lot of people are going to get the boxes in the mail, not open them, and put them away.
    Think about how that, on top of everything else, is going to affect the available population (especially of sealed sets) in the next few months or half a year.
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see the submission numbers for these. PCGS/NGC/ANACS (no Pop Report at ANACS?) versus those left raw.

PCGS CS confirmed for me today that the two "keys" can be graded and the other 3 returned to you raw and if you want First Strike on the keys (eg. the box is still sealed/FS eligible but past the cut-off date) but don't want the others graded.

They also said 25th Anniversary label AND First Strike labels will be available (for the keys).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, raw sets in mint sealed boxes should have no problem bringing $1,000/ea in December (that's IMHO)
  • Options

<< <i>TO ADD:
    What about the all the people who are planning to sit on SEALED sets for a while? (years). I know a lot of people are going to get the boxes in the mail, not open them, and put them away.
    Think about how that, on top of everything else, is going to affect the available population (especially of sealed sets) in the next few months or half a year. >>

historically, a minimal amount of them remain unopened or ungraded long term. At first (and even second) indication of eventual price drop, they come off the shelf in most cases.

• Options

<< <i>PCGS CS confirmed for me today that the two "keys" can be graded and the other 3 returned to you raw and if you want First Strike on the keys (eg. the box is still sealed/FS eligible but past the cut-off date) but don't want the others graded.

They also said 25th Anniversary label AND First Strike labels will be available (for the keys). >>

Additionally, they told me today that:
    No fee to return mint packaging.
    Different (special) label for bulk submissions.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>TO ADD:
    Think about how that, on top of everything else, is going to affect the available population (especially of sealed sets) in the next few months or half a year. >>

historically, a minimal amount of them remain unopened or ungraded long term. At first (and even second) indication of eventual price drop, they come off the shelf in most cases. >>

Oh, I feel like I have heard a lot of people on here saying that they still have sealed 2006's
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>PCGS CS confirmed for me today that the two "keys" can be graded and the other 3 returned to you raw and if you want First Strike on the keys (eg. the box is still sealed/FS eligible but past the cut-off date) but don't want the others graded.

They also said 25th Anniversary label AND First Strike labels will be available (for the keys). >>

Additionally, they told me today that:
    No fee to return mint packaging.
    Different (special) label for bulk submissions. >>

That seems odd. Why would bulk submitter's get a special label? Also, who's going to speculate here...is the bulk "special" label worth more than the non-bulk labels?
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    Pending the economy, if graded, which TPG, and sell timing it's a 3x-5x flip overall. Now its up to you to play your hand with what your contort level is.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options

<< <i>Also, who's going to speculate here...is the bulk "special" label worth more than the non-bulk labels? >>

No question the bulk "special" labels will bring a 100% premium over the non-bulk labels.

Jolly Joker!! image
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Any auction that has image as it's openig image in the description, should probably be avoided.

MHO. >>

Keep this in mind from this auction: "ORDERS WILL MAY NOT BE CANCELLED !!"
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I don't know, it's kinda weird. As I said in a previous post in some of these threads, I saw opened 2006-W 20th Ann. silver sets averaging $350-$375 a set. Unopened sets are obviously way higher so long term I think these sets are a home run, look at what the UHR is commanding. About 3x issue price and these mintages were 100,000 as well. I think over time these sets will settle in at around 3x issue price.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    BothuwuiBothuwui Posts: 484 ✭✭
    I`m going in with some friends to try and get a bulk submission. Reading pcgs` site, it looks like i can not get 1st strike on a non dealer bulk sumission. Is there anything else to look out for? I know I will need to submit at least 4 orders of 5 sets {100 coins total} and plan to request minimum grade of 69. Even if I can request 1st strike, can I do that for only the 2 coins / set since the grading level is supposed to be the same on all?
    Successful transactions with: goldman86, dmarks, CoinFame, segoja, commoncents05, wondercoin, Dabigkahuna, Levinll, RNCHSN, MrOrganic, Type2, ModernCoinMart, alohagary, BECOKA, guitarwes, rbf, fishteeth, freechance, agentjim007, PQPeace, Russ, GSAGuy
  • Options

<< <i>I`m going in with some friends to try and get a bulk submission. Reading pcgs` site, it looks like i can not get 1st strike on a non dealer bulk sumission. Is there anything else to look out for? I know I will need to submit at least 4 orders of 5 sets {100 coins total} and plan to request minimum grade of 69. Even if I can request 1st strike, can I do that for only the 2 coins / set since the grading level is supposed to be the same on all? >>

where on their site are your seeing this?

• Options
    BothuwuiBothuwui Posts: 484 ✭✭
    Link Looks like I was wrong. I had read in the past somewhere on the site that you needed a dealer account with PCGS to request 1st strike on a bulk submission, but the current agreement does not state that.
    Successful transactions with: goldman86, dmarks, CoinFame, segoja, commoncents05, wondercoin, Dabigkahuna, Levinll, RNCHSN, MrOrganic, Type2, ModernCoinMart, alohagary, BECOKA, guitarwes, rbf, fishteeth, freechance, agentjim007, PQPeace, Russ, GSAGuy
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Bulk is $12 a coin per 100. Regular submission is only $14. Very little savings with a bulk submission. Dealers I am sure probably get way lower price. You can get FS on a bulk submission which is still $18 per coin.
  • Options

<< <i>It will be interesting to see the submission numbers for these. PCGS/NGC/ANACS (no Pop Report at ANACS?) versus those left raw.

PCGS CS confirmed for me today that the two "keys" can be graded and the other 3 returned to you raw and if you want First Strike on the keys (eg. the box is still sealed/FS eligible but past the cut-off date) but don't want the others graded.

They also said 25th Anniversary label AND First Strike labels will be available (for the keys).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, raw sets in mint sealed boxes should have no problem bringing $1,000/ea in December (that's IMHO) >>

Thanks for providing this info. If you only have a set or two you want graded, wouldn't it make sense to go ahead and grade all the coins in the box so that the 3 coins will have the 25th ann. label too, possibly being able to keep the set together? But, just to cover yourself, instruct them not to grade those (or any of the 5 that matter) if they won't grade at least 69? Just trying to consider all the angles...
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << The argument also could be made that the 95 w is going for around $3000 in 69 grades and that is only about 3 times as rare as the 2 keys will be here, so if you take 1/3 of $3000 you are at $1000 for the "s" and "reverse proof". Obviously, coin collecting isn't an exact science and isn't as simple as taking mintages relative to other mintages, but it does put into perspective what a rare coin that has a low mintage can do. >>

I think the proof and uncirculated silver eagles have distinct (though overlapping) collector bases, with higher demand for uncirculated.

The proof key at present is the 1995-W, mintage 30k and price around $2500 raw or 69. Next in line is the 2006-P reverse proof, mintage 250k and price around $200. To me this would imply a price for the 2011-P reverse proof, mintage 100k at between $400 and $500.

The uncirculated key at present is the 2006-W, mintage 470k and price around $60. The 2008-W reverse of 2007 (mintage 47k) is around $400, but it is an error/variety and many collectors don't consider it necessary to complete their sets. The 2011-S, mintage 100k will be the key by date/mintmark, and my estimate of a fair value (raw or 69) would be $600 or higher.

So my guess (and it's *only* a guess) is that, given today's prices for the other keys, a complete set should be worth around $1,100 to $1,250.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

<< <i>

Honestly, I don't think the economy and disposable income is going to have a lot, if any impact on this. >>

I think it does. A bunch of dealers/flippers/collectors scooped them up quickly and created a buzz and the prices skyrocketed. I think you and some others that guessed $1500 will be waiting a long time to see those prices. Sets have gone for much lower on ebay today. There will be another buzz when the first people get their graded sets on the market but trust me that will be a small precentage while the majority of us are wondering when we will get our graded sets back.

• Options
    Simply the calm before the storm. As early sellers see that they left alot of money on the table. And the e-mails to their buyers about orders being 86'd from the mint those buyers are going to be looking somewhere for product. These sets should start shipping around the 10th-14th of Nov. Watch the prices go too the moon once in-hand. One thing it seems that some have overlooked is the fact many of these sellers are also 1st time mint buyers(for this type of offering). I am sure some of those buyers exceeded or tried to circumvent the mint rules and now find themselves with nothing or less than they thought and will want maximum profit instead of a quick flip........The smart money is holding off selling until in-hand. My price prediction stands.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Simply the calm before the storm. As early sellers see that they left alot of money on the table. And the e-mails to their buyers about orders being 86'd from the mint those buyers are going to be looking somewhere for product. These sets should start shipping around the 10th-14th of Nov. Watch the prices go too the moon once in-hand. One thing it seems that some have overlooked is the fact many of these sellers are also 1st time mint buyers(for this type of offering). I am sure some of those buyers exceeded or tried to circumvent the mint rules and now find themselves with nothing or less than they thought and will want maximum profit instead of a quick flip........The smart money is holding off selling until in-hand. My price prediction stands. >>

The doubters on the price potential of these are probably the same people who said they won't sell out for weeks. They don't understand the latent demand. The SAE collector base is probably the largest of any of the regular issues of the mint. This set wasn't advertised widely - many collectors are still in the dark. In the end, patience will pay...JMHO...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Simply the calm before the storm. As early sellers see that they left alot of money on the table. And the e-mails to their buyers about orders being 86'd from the mint those buyers are going to be looking somewhere for product. These sets should start shipping around the 10th-14th of Nov. Watch the prices go too the moon once in-hand. One thing it seems that some have overlooked is the fact many of these sellers are also 1st time mint buyers(for this type of offering). I am sure some of those buyers exceeded or tried to circumvent the mint rules and now find themselves with nothing or less than they thought and will want maximum profit instead of a quick flip........The smart money is holding off selling until in-hand. My price prediction stands. >>

The doubters on the price potential of these are probably the same people who said they won't sell out for weeks. They don't understand the latent demand. The SAE collector base is probably the largest of any of the regular issues of the mint. This set wasn't advertised widely - many collectors are still in the dark. In the end, patience will pay...JMHO... >>

I am not doubting some nice money to be made I am doubting $1500 a set.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

The doubters on the price potential of these are probably the same people who said they won't sell out for weeks. They don't understand the latent demand. The SAE collector base is probably the largest of any of the regular issues of the mint. This set wasn't advertised widely - many collectors are still in the dark. In the end, patience will pay...JMHO... >>

I am not doubting some nice money to be made I am doubting $1500 a set. >>

Agreed--for MS69 and below or raw sets. For 70, who knows. I've seen some predictions as high as 10k. I doubt that, but who knows.
  • Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We will see but $1500 is a lot of money for a $300 set. >>

I do not think we can refer to these as a $300 set.

At one time, they cost $300. That time is gone.

At one time, Apple sold for $7.37 a share. IBM sold for $100. On and on...

What something once sold for has no relation to what it sells for now.

Today these are $550-$600 sets....tomorrow they could be more or they could be less. But what they were yesterday is irrelevant!

--Edward

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>We will see but $1500 is a lot of money for a $300 set. >>

I do not think we can refer to these as a $300 set.

At one time, they cost $300. That time is gone.

At one time, Apple sold for $7.37 a share. IBM sold for $100. On and on...

What something once sold for has no relation to what it sells for now.

Today these are $550-$600 sets....tomorrow they could be more or they could be less. But what they were yesterday is irrelevant!

--Edward >>

I would go further and say they were never really worth $300 per set... if they were only worth $300 per set, major dealers wouldn't have been offering more before they ever went on sale and the coins wouldn't have sold out in around 5 hours. They were always worth at least $400 per set, probably more.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file