Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Let me pitch you a new coin acronym...

Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
O.C.W.A.N.B.M.W.L...you know that "Original-Coin-With-A-Never-Been-Messed-With-Look"

Acronyms just make communication easier...don't you think? image

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno why, but when I see all those letters together like that it reminds me of a certain forum member's name: "obiwancanoli".

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna get you one of these....image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bosslady has one of those on her desk.

It usually doesn't work for me.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OCWANBMWL. This is close.
    Lance.

imageimage
  • Options
    I like it. And there are dang few of 'em.
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TLTW........ (Too Long To Work).... acronyms have to be shorter and it helps if they are articulable.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    " pronounceable name made up of a series of initial letters or parts of words; for example, UNESCOfor the United Nations " Your examples are not acronyms. It has to be a pronouncable name. Common mistake though. image
  • Options
    they have already condensed it to PQ
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBIWANKENOBI image

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭

<< <i>" pronounceable name made up of a series of initial letters or parts of words; for example, UNESCOfor the United Nations " Your examples are not acronyms. It has to be a pronouncable name. Common mistake though. image >>

It was a joke. (Notice the wink.) Clearly no one would ever, in a billion years, ACTUALLY use that as an acronym. It would be easier to articulate an entire phrase....except me.

lkeigwin: That's what I'm talkin' about, a very nice example of O.C.W.A.N.B.M.W.L!!! image
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    TMATR - Too Much Acronym To Remember.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file