Home Precious Metals
Options

Youtube! Check out my channel!

Hey guys i have been making youtube videos for a few months now and they have asked me to be a partner. It is all about coins, silver, and gold. im only 16 so i think this is awesome. anyway now my videos have little ads on the bottom and i will eventually get paid for them. (im hoping) im going to put a link to my channel in this thread and if you could click it and watch a few of my videos and maybe click a few ads it would be very much appreciated.

Please check it out!

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Hey guys i have been making youtube videos for a few months now and they have asked me to be a partner. It is all about coins, silver, and gold. im only 16 so i think this is awesome. anyway now my videos have little ads on the bottom and i will eventually get paid for them. (im hoping) im going to put a link to my channel in this thread and if you could click it and watch a few of my videos and maybe click a few ads it would be very much appreciated.

Please check it out! >>

Age in your youtube profile shows you as being 23....not 16. So are you a liar here, or a liar there?
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    probably have to be 18 or over for youtube account. don't know, I avoid youtube. I will help out a fellow member on this one.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey guys i have been making youtube videos for a few months now and they have asked me to be a partner. It is all about coins, silver, and gold. im only 16 so i think this is awesome. anyway now my videos have little ads on the bottom and i will eventually get paid for them. (im hoping) im going to put a link to my channel in this thread and if you could click it and watch a few of my videos and maybe click a few ads it would be very much appreciated.

Please check it out! >>

Any video's about PMs are good by me. One word of advice would be to get a tripod.

Most amateur videos are plagued by a shaky camera.

Gecko: What is it that motivates someone to be a major league pr*ck?

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

Gecko: What is it that motivates someone to be a major league pr*ck? >>

imageimage
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that your commentary was actually quite good, but I'd also go along with the recommendation to obtain a tripod. It distracts from your content when the video goes in & out of focus and travels around constantly.

Overall - a great start. Once you get this down, you should have yourself a pretty interesting hobby/occupation.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    First of all, the OP lists 2 different ages......that in itself raises some serious questions on his integrity.

Secondly, this post is simply spam as it promotes you to SPECIFICALLY click on ads within his videos in order to produce some sort of income for the OP.

Thirdly, both the quality and content of those videos is very subpar. Even a tripod wont help the fact that there is nothing either interesting or informative on those videos.

So in conclussion, we have a person who is not telling the truth, who is motivated to post this thread in order to spam us into watching advertising, and whose videos are complete garbage anyway. Im not a pr**k.....im just being honest and direct in my observations.
  • Options

<< <i>First of all, the OP lists 2 different ages......that in itself raises some serious questions on his integrity.

Secondly, this post is simply spam as it promotes you to SPECIFICALLY click on ads within his videos in order to produce some sort of income for the OP.

Thirdly, both the quality and content of those videos is very subpar. Even a tripod wont help the fact that there is nothing either interesting or informative on those videos.

So in conclussion, we have a person who is not telling the truth, who is motivated to post this thread in order to spam us into watching advertising, and whose videos are complete garbage anyway. Im not a pr**k.....im just being honest and direct in my observations. >>

You still come off as an AH....which also raises questions about your integrity as a human being
  • Options
    Maybe you are right. The world should be filled with puppy dogs and brown sugar. Who needs or wants objective, honest viewpoints anymore? Keep blowing smoke up other people's butts and encourage more of this type of subpar soft spamming in which the main objective is to get you to "click on ads". image
  • Options
    In Bulgaria,

<< <i> image >>

is you!
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    it's amazing that where ever gecko goes, he winds up in a fight.... and he thinks it's the WORLD that's nutty.
    lulz!

• Options

<< <i>Maybe you are right. The world should be filled with puppy dogs and brown sugar. Who needs or wants objective, honest viewpoints anymore? Keep blowing smoke up other people's butts and encourage more of this type of subpar soft spamming in which the main objective is to get you to "click on ads". image >>

• Options
    So the OP registered here at age 10 .. i see
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with Gecko that this post is clearly SPAM. Perhaps everyone with something to sell or some way to gain income should post threads on these boards in an effort to help themselves financially?
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have to agree with Gecko that this post is clearly SPAM. Perhaps everyone with something to sell or some way to gain income should post threads on these boards in an effort to help themselves financially? >>

Tom, first we need to establish if said member is in the "Circle of Trust" and then if this could be construed as "Soft spam", etc.....

I'll need some answers to those mysteries before I can form my own opinion.
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    Puppy dogs are alright but I don't like brown sugar.
    Can I be excused?
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Gecko; oh never mind. Do you, never mind. Take care. jws
  • Options
    hey guys sorry for any misconceptions. i am 16 but made my youtube profile out to be older as certain content you must be 18 or over to view and i dont want everyone on youtube knowing my true age. Also my dad origianlly created this account for me a few years ago on collectors universe. he is Gemstate-coins. but i hope you enjoy my videos and i am going to begin using a tripod for future videos. thanks for the idea and any more ideas are greatly appreciated.
  • Options

<< <i>

>>

Sorry OP, I have to agree. I tried watching a couple of them and slipped into a coma after 15 seconds.

• Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    I watched a couple. The Lincoln errors were the best ones. Good first efforts!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still of the opinion that if you don't try something and then get feedback & suggestions from your potential audiences, you will never get much better. I wonder if there is a class at his HS on video documentaries that he should consider...
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm still of the opinion that if you don't try something and then get feedback & suggestions from your potential audiences, you will never get much better. I wonder if there is a class at his HS on video documentaries that he should consider... >>

Your statement is absolutely correct.......you need to try, and get feedback......but HONEST feedback is the most constructive in my experience. If its a dog, call it a dog.
  • Options
    Hey guys thought I let you know I just uploaded a new video and I used a tripod for this one. The new video is about the 1918 Illinois Centennial Half Dollar. All feedback is appreciated as i want to make the best videos possible.
  • Options
    Okay Errorboy, you don't need to bump this every time you post a new video, people know and will go if they want.
  • Options
    Edit for double post
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I am a firm believer that the youth of this Nation needs more encouragement than possibly ever before, but before I offer encouragement, I require them to be honest.
    Honesty will take you wherever you want to go. Deception, eventually, ends up being a dead end.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey guys thought I let you know I just uploaded a new video and I used a tripod for this one. The new video is about the 1918 Illinois Centennial Half Dollar. All feedback is appreciated as i want to make the best videos possible. >>

OK, I watched your latest video. Here's some feedback.

1. Strive to sound professional. Don't start off with "Hey guys what's up?". We aren't your high school buddies. Some people will be immediately turned off by that. Start off with something like "Welcome to Errorboy's coin journal. Today we'll be discussing the 1918 Illinois Centennial commemorative half dollar." Also, you may want to use a different name than Errorboy.

2. Stay on topic. No need to confuse people by showing an uncirculated half and a circulated half. Unless you're discussing the difference between circulated and uncirculated, just show one of them.

3. Learn how to edit. We don't want to hear you tell us to "hold on" while you search for the next thing to throw in front of the camera.

4. Educate us. You did a pretty good job by giving us the basic facts about the coin. However, it was obvious you were reading it from a card, and consequently, the delivery was pretty bad. Memorize your facts and give us a flowing narrative.

5. Be interesting. Tell us something related to the coin that we may not know. It would have been nice to hear some of the history behind the coin, like why was Lincoln chosen to be on the Illinois commemorative? Why was it a youthful portrait, rather than a presidential portrait? Is there anything interesting that happened in Illinois during it's first 100 years? What is the history behind the mottos on the coin? One motto in particular is directly tied to Lincoln. You get the idea.

6. Add supporting elements. It might be a picture of the Illinois Centennial celebration from 1918. It could be the actual portrait of Lincoln that Morgan used for his engraving (assuming there is one), etc.

7. Most importantly, DON'T PLAGIARIZE! It took a 10 second google search to figure out where you were reading your information from, word-for-word. You get an "F" for that reason alone. Do your homework and educate yourself. Then you'll be able to educate us.
  • Options
    I guess the kid wasn't interested in advice.