Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FSHO: $43 face Circulated Barbers, Commems, PCGS & NGC Samples, Old ANACS Lincoln varieties &amp

Did some house cleaning as well as a review of the safe deposit box recently so it’s time for another BST post!!!! Feel free to make an offer if you’re interested in anything I have listed. Some of the items are already at my best price, others I might have a little room to deal. Let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

The Details:

Will take payment by check or money order (please allow time for check to clear unless we've dealt before). I am usually happy to take PayPal if you at least split the fees with me, even better if you can get it to me w/o fees. Also willing to consider trades and/or junk silver (but right now I have a strong preference for cash deals so it’ll really have to be something interesting to me for me to trade). Satisfaction guaranteed, can return within seven days. I'll pay USPS Priority Mail insured shipping or Registered Mail on orders over $200 (depending on which makes sense cost wise). Prices on the less expensive coins include cheapest shipping possible w/o insurance (but will add insurance/upgraded shipping upon request). Thanks for looking. I can also provide several buying and selling references upon request. image

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments or to make me a reasonable offer if you feel my prices are not fair. Will take alternate photos of any of the coins upon request.

***Please note that if some of my photos fail to load, please refresh your browser as sometimes Photobucket doesn’t load them the first time around, thanks.***

1909 VDB Lincoln Cent Doubled Die Obverse FS-1102 NGC MS64RD - $300 ****SENT TO PCGS FOR ATTRIBUTION****

Here is an unattributed DDO #2 of the 1909 VDB. NGC currently doesn’t attribute this variety, but I guarantee that this is the FS-1102. The die chips in LIBERTY show well and the extra thickness in the first 9 of 1909 is there. The clashing on the reverse near the C of CENT is also present. I have not yet tried to cross it to PCGS, who will attribute the variety. I know they will attribute it as an FS-1102, but I’m not sure it’ll cross at the current grade of MS64RD. There is some streakiness to the planchet as well as a faint fingerprint in the obverse field that may be enough for PCGS to call it MS64RB. In any event, PCGS MS64RDs are $450 in the PCGS Price Guide and have been selling for around $350-$400 give or take a little. I priced it a bit lower to help cover the costs of a crossover and attribution. The photos came out pretty dark and not very good on this one, I can try to do better upon request.

imageimage

imageimage

1909-S/S Lincoln Cent FS-1501 RPM #1 PCGS MS64RB (CoinFacts Plate Coin) - $975 ***NOW $950***

There are two repunched mintmark varieties for the 1909-S Lincoln Cent, the FS-1501 and the FS-1502. The FS-1502, commonly known as the S/Horizontal S is a very common repunched mintmark and only carries a slight premium. Nearly 1000 examples of the FS-1502 have been certified by PCGS. In contrast, only 23 examples of the much rarer FS-1501 1909-S/S have been certified by PCGS to date! This MS64RB example is one of the best you can get, only 5 examples are certified higher (2 in 65RB, 1 in 66RB, 1 in 65RD and 1 in 66RD) and those are likely in strong hands as they just don’t come to market. I’m only offering this one for sale because I have been able to upgrade to an example that fits my set better. That said, this is a great example and is the PCGS CoinFacts plate coin for the variety. Super high resolution photos were taken of the coin by PCGS and are available. The last sale of an attributed FS-1501 was a PCGS MS62BN example that sold on Teletrade for $690!

Group of Eight High Grade Lincoln Cents in Old ANACS Holders Including Several Varieties - $250 ***NOW $200***

This group includes the following coins, all in smaller Old ANACS holders:

1934 Lincoln Cent ANACS MS66RD DDO Die 2
1936 Lincoln Cent ANACS MS65RD DDO Die 4
1936 Lincoln Cent ANACS MS64RD DDO Die 5
1942-S Lincoln Cent ANACS MS63RD DDO Die 2
1953-D/D Lincoln Cent ANACS MS64RD
1958 Lincoln Cent ANACS MS65RD DDR Die 3
1961-D/D Lincoln Cent ANACS MS63RD D/Horiz D (FS-501)
1969-S Lincoln Cent ANACS MS63RD

From what I can tell, most of these are minor varieties. I tried to compare the coins with those listed in the Cherrypicker’s Guide and only matched up the 1961-D/D with a listed variety. Of course, there’s a chance me and my 10x loupe missed something, but don’t bet the farm on it. Overall, this is a cool group of Lincoln varieties in old holders that I hope I’m not giving away too cheaply!

1942 Lincoln Cent PCGS PR64RD - $95 ***NOW $85***

Typically PR64RD examples of Lincoln Cent proofs come with moderate spotting and/or haziness. Although the holder is quite scuffed up, this example is probably the cleanest and spot-free PR64 that I remember seeing. The coin is also a very strong bright red example that has plenty of eye appeal. The pictures didn’t come out very good at all so you may have to take my word for it.

imageimage

imageimage

1951-D/S Lincoln Cent ANACS MS65RD OMM-1 (FS-511) - $150 ***NOW $125***

This over-mintmarked coin is attributed on the label as OMM-1 and is a perfect match to the FS-511 from the Cherrypicker’s Guide. The coin appears to be accurately graded and has a very nice red color with plenty of luster. Only a little bit of carbon on the reverse below the O of ONE is distracting, but not enough to affect the grade. This is a fairly tough variety to find. For reference, an XF45 example is currently up on eBay with a buy it now price of $149! This one is only a dollar more.

imageimage

imageimage

1952-D Lincoln Cent ANACS MS64RD Breen-2206 (possible D/S) (FS-511) - $80 ***NOW $65***

This coin is a match to the FS-511 in the Cherrypicker’s Guide which calls this coin a “possible D/S” over-mintmark. Although graded MS64RD, there are enough hits and bits of carbon spotting on this one to where it may go MS63RD upon a crossover attempt. A PCGS MS63RD sold on Teletrade last July for $109 and an MS62RD example sold in June 2010 for the same price. This one here is cheaper.

imageimage

imageimage

1960-D Lincoln Cent NGC MS66RD (Old NGC fatty) - $20 ***NOW $15***

Pretty cool bright-red Memorial Cent that almost looks proof-like, especially on the obverse. The fields show tons of die polish lines that I think make this coin really pop. The reverse is a tiny bit more mellow that the reverse.

imageimage

1965 Lincoln Cent ANACS MS65RD (Old ANACS w/ XX0000 cert. no.) - $15 ****SOLD****

Nice gem red Memorial Cent. Definitely a business strike and not an SMS coin. The coin is in an earlier version of the small ANACS holder. The coin is full red, spot free and has decent luster. The luster is just starting to mellow on the reverse.

1971 Lincoln Cent ANACS MS66RD DDO FS-030.7 Die 5 (FS-102) - $425 ***NOW $350***

A beautiful high-grade example of scarce doubled die obverse variety which is designated FS-102 in the latest Cherrypicker’s Guide. There are a few hits on this coin that are hidden on Lincoln’s face and body, but the fields of this coin are very clean and lusterous. The coin appears to be accurately graded and has nice eye appeal. The diagnostics of the variety, the doubling of RTY of LIBERTY and at the top of the date show very nicely, even in my amateur photos. This would be a top pop coin if crossed to PCGS as there are currently 13 graded MS64RD and 7 graded MS65RD. PCGS has not yet graded one of these in MS66RD. The last PCGS MS65RD that sold was on Teletrade in October 2010 where it sold for $368. I am very tempted to try crossing this one over to see if it can be a top pop at PCGS, what would it be worth then?

Edited to add that the Cherrypicker's Guide description mentions that some don't consider it to be a DDO, like CONECA. But then the book goes on to say that they think "the doubling is strong enough to have character." As far as I can tell, PCGS will still attribute the coin as a DDO FS-102 and it's still required for the variety Registry sets.

imageimage

imageimage

1939 Jefferson Nickel ANACS PR65 - $125 ****SOLD****

A nice early proof Jefferson Nickel that looks better than a PR65. The obverse looks PR66 or PR67 to me and has a nice blue tone near the rims and more of a golden color in towards the center of the coin. The reverse also looks good and has similar color, but the mirrors don’t quite seem as deep on the reverse and may be what is limiting the grade. Another coin that is much better in hand than my pictures.

1826 Bust Half Dollar PCGS AU50 ex. Guttag Family (O-108a) - $550 ****SOLD****

This is a spectacular looking AU Bust Half Dollar. The coin is very original looking and is deeply toned. The toning is very very colorful with rainbow colors around the rims fading into a very deep blue toning that covers the centers of the coin. The coin also shows a few very neat looking die cracks which helped me attribute the variety. This coin is much much prettier in hand than my photos even begin to show. . I’ve also included a shot of the coin titled under a bright light so you can better see the luster/colors of the coin that I just couldn’t capture with my normal setup. Wow!

1826 Bust Half Dollar PCGS AU53 ex. Guttag Family (O-118a) - $550 ***SOLD***

This 1826 doesn’t have as much wear on the high points as the above coin and also isn’t as deeply toned. The toning is still very original looking and attractive, but isn’t quite as out of this world as the above example. The coin also has a few very clear die cracks which help with the attribution. I’ve also included a shot of the coin titled under a bright light so you can better see the luster/colors of the coin that I just couldn’t capture with my normal setup.

1834 Small Date Small Letters Bust Half Dollar PCGS AU50 ex. Guttag Family (O-111) - $425 ***SOLD***

As you can see from the photos, it appears this coin was dipped and/or lightly cleaned at one time in the past and then retoned. The bright white centers and the light hairlines in the fields are noticeable, especially under magnification, but blue/red/orange rim toning is much more likely to draw your eye when viewing the coin in hand. Only a touch of wear on the high points, more consistent with an AU55 or AU58 example leads me to guess the coin was likely net graded down to AU50 because of the dipping/retoning. I had a hard time attributing this one, but I think I got it right.

1847 Seated Liberty Half Dollar PCGS AU50 ex. Guttag Family - $325 ****SOLD****

A deeply toned coin with plenty of luster popping through. Under direct light the coin brightens up a bit and some golden-orange color pops through. A very original looking coin that is a great representative of the type.

1954 Franklin Half Dollar PCGS PR67 OGH - $99 ****SOLD****

This holder is really scratched up! I should have spent a little more time with the PlastX before taking these pictures! Anyways, the coin itself is a nice proof with very clean deep mirrors. The coin doesn’t really have any cameo contrast to it, but it’s still a good looking earlier proof Franklin in the old holder. If you want, I can try to polish up the slab a bit and get some better photos.

1962 Franklin Half Dollar PCGS PR67 OGH - $50 ****SOLD****

Although not given the grade on the holder, this coin is full cameo and a good part of the way towards being a deep cameo. The coin is nearly perfect and only a few very small light spots in the obverse field are noticeable. The holder is also very scratched up on this one, I could try to fix that, but I haven’t worked on it yet (obviously).

1892 Columbian Half Dollar PCGS MS65 - $600 ***NOW $550***

An awesome looking Columbian Half. The obverse is fairly average and has plenty of small hits consistent with the grade. But the reverse of this coin is a monster! Spectacular rainbow toning that covers nearly the entire reverse of the coin. The reverse is also very clean looking and hardly any distracting marks are found. But, it’s hard to find anything else on the reverse as the color really draws your eye more than anything else.

imageimage

1893 Columbian Half Dollar PCGS MS62 OGH - $125 ***NOW $100***

Compare this Columbian Half with the one above and you may argue that this one appears to be a higher grade. When I first saw this coin in hand, I thought it looked like an MS65 coin. However, there are some very faint hairlines that pop up at certain angles which may be the reason for the lower grade. In any event, you’d have a hard time finding an MS62 or even an MS63 Columbian that looks as nice as this one. Overall a nice coin with plenty of luster. The old 2-piece slab is pretty neat too and is in fair shape, though there is a crack in the lower left-hand side of the outer ring.

imageimage

imageimage

1920 Pilgrim Half Dollar - $250 ****SENT TO PCGS FOR GRADING****

I purchased this coin raw from a local coin shop awhile back and was drawn to the nice toning. The coin also has a really neat die crack on the low obverse running from about 5 o’clock to 9 o’clock. I haven’t submitted it for certification yet. My intent was to keep it for awhile with the hope an upcoming Quarterly Special would allow me to submit the coin for a free grading. Looks like that isn’t going to happen with the new and “improved” PCGS Quarterly Specials. Anyways, I figure it would grade MS64 or MS65, but I’m really not a commemorative grading expert. But, I do know it’s a pretty coin!

imageimage

1925 Stone Mountain Half Dollar NGC MS65 CAC - $375 ***NOW $325***

This Stone Mountain Half has very nice even golden-orange toning with a little bit stronger toning to fades towards blue near the rims. Lots of luster on this half as well and the coin has been approved by CAC. Looks very nice for an MS65 and has tons of eye appeal.

1925 Norse Medal Thick Planchet PCGS AU58 - $185 ****SOLD****

Attractive example of this medal. Original look to it and just a touch of rub. Has some light toning to it, but overall the color is pretty even. I thought it was a better than average looking AU58.

1925 Norse Medal Thin Planchet PCGS MS64 - $895 ***NOW $795*** ****SOLD****

This is one of the most attractive examples of this medal in the MS64 grade that I’ve seen and will likely see. The toning on this medal is very colorful and original looking. The medal also has nice luster that really brings out the color when under decent lighting. I looked up the certification number of this medal and it said the PCGS Price Guide value is $800. This example is undoubtedly worth a premium over that value and probably worth a much greater premium that I’m asking for here. I know I seem to say it often, but it was tough to capture the colors of this one in a single photo. Accordingly, I’ve provided several images taken with different lighting and also a couple of tilted shots so that you will have a better idea of how attractive this medal really is.

1926 Sesquicentennial $2.5 Gold PCGS AU58 OGH Rattler - $500 ***NOW $475***

I have always liked this gold commemorative design, especially the reverse as it looks similar to the reverse of the bicentennial Kennedy Half Dollars, but so much better in lusterous gold and with the rays of light peeking out from behind Independence Hall. The obverse with Liberty holding the torch and the Declaration of Independence is also beautiful. This particular example of the coin is one of those AU58 coins that looks just like a nice MS63 or MS64 example, lots of cartwheel luster and very few marks. The coin also has a nice golden-orange color. Apparently, PCGS saw a touch of rub on the coin, but I really can tell where exactly. I don’t notice any luster breaks when rotating the coin. The only issues worth noting is a small hit from the edge of another coin in the arm and scroll on the obverse (three small dots) and there is a small planchet defect at the G of GOD on the reverse (small pinhead sized depression). There is also a small scratch in the right obverse field that could also be a strikethrough, can't tell for sure. The luster of the coin is all there and the coin is much brighter than my close up shots show. Plus the old rattler slab is fun.

imageimage

imageimage

1936 Long Island Half Dollar PCGS MS64 - $140 ***NOW $125***

I thought this Long Island had a nice and even tone to it, with a nice grey color with hits of purple popping through. I also think the coin is very clean looking and has great luster for an MS64. The obverse depicts a Dutch Settler and an Indian and there is a really neat looking ship on the reverse.

imageimage

imageimage

1946-D Booker T. Washington Half Dollar PCGS MS66 - $175 ***NOW $150***

I usually don’t like the Booker T. Washington commemoratives too much, mostly because they made so many of them and for so many years. However, this one looked a bit different than most and it wasn’t priced too bad. The coin has some interesting pastel colored toning on it, with yellows towards the rims and pink/purple towards the centers. There is also a little bit of dirtiness and crustiness to the coin that gives it a little character. The luster you’d expect from an MS66 coin is there and it’s pretty cool for a BTW.

imageimage

imageimage

1946-S Booker T. Washington Half Dollar PCI MS66 - $60 ***NOW $50***

Another BTW commemorative, and another one in MS66, but I don’t quite agree with the grade on this one. I would grade the obverse of this coin an MS64, maybe an MS65, there’s just too many hits in the fields and on the face to call it an MS66. But, I do think the reverse is a solid MS66 as it is much much cleaner. The coin is blast white and has booming luster. Not normally the type of coin I’d buy, but it was going way too cheap I thought in a local auction so I picked it up. Hopefully someone agrees that the coin is still a great value.

imageimage

56 Various Circulated Barber Dimes in 2x2 Holders - $250 ***NOW $185***

The next few items in this BST post of the Barber coinage in the 2x2 holders came from several bulk lots I’ve purchased. I like to buy groups of Barber coinage so that I can pick through them and fill holes/upgrade coins in my circulated Dansco albums. Even though these lots I’m offering are the leftovers after I’ve picked through them for my albums, doesn’t mean they are bad coins. Just because I thought the coin currently in my album was better than these here, doesn’t mean these are bad. There are many nice coins here that I’d be happy to put in my albums if I didn’t have an equal or better example already.

Of the lots I’m selling here, the Barber Dimes are the best quality. Sure, there are some very worn examples in AG and a few that have problems, but there are also some very nice dimes in F condition and a couple with VF details. Way better than what you’d ever get in buying a typical “junk” silver lot of Barber Dimes. Additionally, while many of the dimes are common dates, there are a few better dates as well. Again, if I already had an example in my album, I didn’t keep duplicates, even if I thought they were a better date. I’m pricing these at about $3.30 per dime and most of them are a steal at that price. Here is the breakdown of the coins included:

1892-O, 1896 (2), 1897 (2), 1898 (2), 1899 (2), 1902 (3), 1903-O, 1904 (2), 1905, 1905-O, 1905-S (3), 1906-D, 1906-S, 1907-D, 1908, 1908-S, 1909 (12), 1910-D, 1911-D (2), 1912 (3), 1912-S, 1913 (2), 1914-D, 1914-S (2), 1915 (3), 1916 (4)

***Please note that since I listed this lot, I have sold a few of the coins at my local coin club. The above list of coins is accurate, but the photo below may now have a couple of coins which are no longer included in the lot.***

80 Various Circulated Barber Quarters in 2x2 Holders - $650 ***NOW $600***

On average, I believe this lot is better than junk silver. There are several earlier dates from the 1800s and several better dates in the mix as well. Sure, some of the quarters have problems with them or are otherwise worn down enough to be junk silver, but many of the quarters in this lot are much much better than you’d typically find in a group of junk Barber Quarters. Many coins are solid G examples and several VGs are in the lot as well. Under $8 per quarter is pretty fair for this lot in my opinion. Here is the breakdown of coins included:

1892, 1893 (2), 1893-O (3), 1894-S, 1895-O (3), 1896 (2), 1897 (2), 1898 (4), 1898-O (2), 1898-S, 1899 (3), 1899-O (2), 1900 (3), 1900-S (2), 1901 (3), 1902, 1902-O (2), 1904, 1905 (3), 1906, 1906-D, 1906-O, 1907, 1907-D (2), 1907-O (2), 1908, 1908-D (3), 1908-O, 1909 (4), 1909-D (7), 1909-S (3), 1910, 1910-D (2), 1911-S, 1912, 1912-S, 1913-D, 1914, 1914-D, 1915 (2), 1916

***Please note that since I listed this lot, I have sold a few of the coins at my local coin club. The above list of coins is accurate, but the photo below may now have a couple of coins which are no longer included in the lot.***

36 Various Circulated Barber Halves in 2x2 Holders - $525 ***NOW $510***

Again, several of these halves are junk silver, or close to being junk silver, but there are also a few that are better than junk, including several solid G coins and a couple of VG examples. Overall, the coins are common dates, but I think they’re a little bit nicer than you’d get in a typical junk lot. However, I don’t feel the quality of dates and grades is quite as strong as the preceding lots of dimes and quarters. Accordingly, the multiple over face value that I used on this lot is somewhat less. Here is the breakdown of the coins included:

1897 (2), 1899, 1900, 1901 (2), 1902, 1902-O (2), 1903, 1906 (2), 1906-O, 1907-D (3), 1907-O (2), 1908-D, 1908-O (3), 1909 (2), 1910, 1910-S, 1912, 1912-D (3), 1912-S, 1914-S (2), 1915-D (3)

$10.00 Face Value Mixed Circulated Barber Coinage - $285 ****SOLD****

This is a group of loose Barber coinage that is basically junk silver or slightly better than junk. Some of the coins are cleaned or have minor damage, but most of the coins are just well circulated. These coins were pulled out of my old albums over time when I found better pieces to replace them. Now that I’ve managed to accumulate an even $10 face value of replacements I figured I’d offer this lot to another collector. Since I’ve pulled these from my albums when upgrading, there will be almost no duplicates and you’ll get a good variety of dates and mintmarks. The following is a breakdown of what is included:

$5.00 face Half Dollars: 1894-S, 1900-S, 1904, 1904-O, 1905-S, 1908, 1908-O, 1908-O, 1911, 1915-S

$3.00 face Quarters: 1895, 1897, 1898, 1898-S, 1900-S, 1906, 1907-D, 1907-S, 1908, 1908-O, 1911, 1911-S

$2.00 face Dimes: 1899, 1901, 1901-O, 1902-O, 1906, 1906-D, 1906-S, 1907, 1908, 1908-D, 1908-O, 1910, 1911, 1911-D, 1911-S, 1912-S, 1914, 1914-D, 1914-S, 1916-S

Lincoln Cent Wheat Reverse PCGS OGH Authentic Samples (multiple dates available) - $8 each ***NOW $7 each***

From what I could find out about these sample slabs, it appears they were produced to be included in a coin collecting kit in the mid-1990s and I believe one sample slab was to be included in each kit. I haven’t seen any examples of this kit before, so I’m not sure they were ever brought to market. Obviously, the slabs were made up by PCGS and they have made it to the market. I have seen 10 different dates of Lincoln Cents in these OGH PCGS Authentic Wheat Cent slabs, ranging from 1918 to 1929 (no 1921 or 1922). The cents in these slabs range from nice looking VG to F coins, to lightly cleaned examples. I have several of these available and I would be happy to offer discounts on orders of multiple examples since I’d be paying to ship only once. I have two groups like imaged below of five different dates (1920, 1924, 1925, 1926 and 1927) that I’d like to keep together and will sell those at $30 for the set of five coins.

2005-D Jefferson Bison Nickel PCGS Sample Slab - $15 ***NOW $12***

This is a neat sample slab. First, the coin itself is great and I really like the 2005 Bison design used on the nickel and the nickel has been slabbed bison side up. Second, instead of giving some generic certification number to the sample like is usually done, this slab has the PCGS phone number in the spot for the certification number.

imageimage

Group Lot of Eight State Quarter Sample Slabs - $50 ***NOW $40***

For awhile now, I would buy state quarter sample slabs when I saw them at coin shows. Not sure exactly why, but I knew there were others who collected these. Anyways, here is a group lot of some of them I’ve accumulated and would make a nice addition to your sample slab collection. Several varieties of slabs from different grading companies are represented here. The sample slabs you will receive are:

1999-P Delaware State Quarter NGC Sample Slab x 2
2000-P New Hampshire State Quarter PCGS MS00 Sample Slab
2000-D Massachusetts State Quarter SEGS NG Sample Slab
2003-D Arkansas State Quarter NGC Sample Slab
2003-P Missouri State Quarter NGC Edge View Sample Slab x 2
2003-P Missouri State Quarter NGC Sample Slab

1964 Kennedy Half Dollar PCGS MS OGH Sample Slab - $29 ****SOLD****

A nice example of the old green holder sample slab with a mint state 90% silver Kennedy Half Dollar. I believe the half dollar has a MS63 obverse with great luster but several hits from other coins. The reverse is much cleaner and looks MS65.

1964 Kennedy Half Dollar NGC Sample Slab (2 available) - $25 each ***NOW $23 each***

Another Kennedy Half Dollar sample slab but this one is NGC. The half is a little more banged up in this one, but still looks mint state, probably an MS61 though as there are a few decent hits and some hairlines in the obverse fields. The reverse is much better looking.

imageimage

1964-D Kennedy Half Dollar NGC Sample Slab (3 available) - $25 each ***NOW $23 each***

I have two of these available and they are the same as the above slab except these have the 90% silver Kennedy Half Dollars from the Denver Mint. Again, NGC didn’t use really nice halves in these samples. They appear mint state but these are probably MS60-MS62 at the best as they show several hits and some light spotting, particularly on the obverse.

imageimage

1921 (actually 1921-S) Morgan Dollar PCGS Circulated OGH Sample Slab - $99 ****SOLD****

Recently, PCGS has been giving out Secure Plus holders with a 2010-D Lincoln Shield Cent as samples at their submission tables at major shows. Wouldn’t it be great if they gave out silver dollars instead? Well, apparently they did long ago. Morgan Dollars in the old green holder sample slabs aren’t too easy to find. They do pop up on eBay from time to time and usually sell for around $100 depending on the coin in the slab (almost always a 1921. This example is marked as a 1921 on the holder, but the coin is actually a 1921-S. Some on eBay market these 1921 samples with mintmarked dollars as “error” slabs, but I’m not sure that is the case. It seems that PCGS intentionally put 1921 on all of them, whether they were P, D or S coins (and I’ve seen all three in these slabs). I think this particular coin has AU details, but it has also been cleaned as can be seen with the hairlines in the obverse fields and across Liberty’s cheek. Even so, I have seen dollars that look far far worse in these “circulated” sample slabs.

Arizona Charlie’s $1 Chip ICG Sample Slab - $8 ****SOLD****

I hadn’t seen any sample slabs of casino chips before so I thought this would be a great addition for a sample slab collection. Also didn’t have any ICG sample slabs so that was two birds with one stone!

2007 Annual Uncirculated Dollar Coin Set (2 available) - $50 each ****BOTH SOLD****

These annual dollar sets issued by the mint each contain 5 golden dollar coins (the 4 presidential dollars for the year plus the 2007 Sacagawea coin) as well as a 2007 Silver Eagle. But these sets didn’t include the normal bullion version of the Silver Eagle. Instead, the sets included the 2007-W Burnished Silver Eagles which have a much lower mintage. These sets are really neat and are relatively cheap. If you just want the Burnished Eagle, consider the other coins an instant $5 cash rebate!

2008 Annual Uncirculated Dollar Coin Set (3 available) - $50 each ***NOW $48 each***

Similar to the 2007 set, the 2008 set has the five 2008 golden dollars (4 presidential, 1 Sacagawea) and also has the 2008-W Burnished Silver Eagle. I know many of these sets were bought up by those hunting for the 2008-W/reverse of 2007 coins. Since these sets were released late in the year, I do not believe any of them yielded any such error coins.

imageimage

1976 American Revolution Bicentennial Silver Medal NGC PF 68 Ultra Cameo - $50 ***NOW $45***

Designed by Frank Gasparro, this medal (along with others in various sizes of gold and bronze) were made by the U.S. Mint in connection with the 1776-1976 Bicentennial celebration. This silver medal is 1.5” in diameter and my Internet research told me that 211,722 in this size were minted. I’ve read conflicting information on the purity and the amount of silver in this medal, but it seems the majority of the sources I’ve seen say it is made up of 90% silver and has 1 troy ounce of silver in it. Anyways, it’s a neat medal and has a pretty nice design of the Statue of Liberty.

imageimage

imageimage

Alaska Mint One Ounce Silver Prooflike Sea Otter & Pup Medallion plus Alaskan Trade Tokens - $60 ***NOW $50***

A really neat looking one ounce silver Sea Otter & Pup medal made by the Alaska Mint. This example is the “proof-like” version of the medal and is listed for $65 plus shipping on the Alaska Mint website. The silver medal comes with a small blue velvet flip for the medal which has an outline of Alaska on the outside. However, I put the medal in a Saflip to better protect it. Also included are a couple of Alaska trade tokens. The first from 1959 was issued in connection with Alaska becoming the 49th state in 1959. The second from 1962 appears to be a souvenir token for tourists.

imageimage

Liberty Sub-Set of Four Different First Spouse Bronze Medals - $50 ***NOW $40***

These are the Bronze versions of the First Spouse coins. They are 1 5/16” in diameter, nearly the size of the silver dollar and are in new 2x2 holders. The Mint issues these in annual sets and individually. The current medals are issued at $7.95 each (earlier medals were $5.50 each). Here you can get the four that everyone wants, the Liberty designs issued for the Presidents who served without a First Lady during their administration. These are in very nice condition and I would say they are MS67RD (only the Van Buren’s Liberty coin has a few light waterspots in the obverse field). The medals you will receive are:

2007 Jefferson’s Liberty
2008 Jackson’s Liberty
2008 Van Buren’s Liberty
2010 Buchanan’s Liberty

imageimage

Eleven Different First Spouse Bronze Medals - $50 ***NOW $40***

Another grouping of First Spouse bronze medals which are raw in flips. Again, these medals would likely grade at least MS66RD, with many of them better. A couple show small marks from handling and a few have some very light spotting, not the dark black copper spots you see on old cents, but the light white waterspots that you see on modern silver eagles. Anyways, here’s your chance to get most of the medals issued through 2010 for less than $5 each! The medals you will receive are:

2007 Abigail Adams
2008 Elizabeth Monroe
2008 Louisa Adams
2009 Anna Harrison
2009 Julia Tyler
2009 Sarah Polk
2009 Margaret Taylor
2010 Abigail Fillmore
2010 Jane Pierce
2010 Buchanan’s Liberty
2010 Mary Todd Lincoln

Comments