Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

US Mint Combined Shipping?

taxmadtaxmad Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭
Has the Mint ever combined shipping on items? You order 1/1/1/1/1 25th ASE sets and they stick them all in one box?

Comments

• Options
    USMoneyloverUSMoneylover Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    That defeats the purpose of ordering them separately...If you wanted them all in one box, why did you order them like that?
    Finest Coins and Relics
  • Options

<< <i>That defeats the purpose of ordering them separately...If you wanted them all in one box, why did you order them like that? >>

I didn't - I am wondering if the Mint sees an order like that, would they shove them in one box and out it goes...
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,487 ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea how they'll handle that.

But, I do know that if one product isn't currently available, for a multiple item order, that they ship them separately at no additional charge. Even with Next Day service.

I expect that 5 separate orders will be shipped in 5 separate shipments since shipping charges were paid on each individual order.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Has the Mint ever combined shipping on items? You order 1/1/1/1/1 25th ASE sets and they stick them all in one box? >>

Really? Really?

Tell me, from a business standpoint, why would anyone do that?

You aren't the first one to ask that question this week (and obviously didn't read many of the other threads where it was asked by people new to flipping and the usmint), but I really can't understand why the question is really asked that way......you want them all shipped together and pay 1 price, then you order them all together. You order them separately, and the system is set up to send them separately. It's a business.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Has the Mint ever combined shipping on items? You order 1/1/1/1/1 25th ASE sets and they stick them all in one box? >>

No. US Mint will not combine shipping on separate orders...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each order is normally a box unless more items on the order that it won't fit there standard size boxes or items are not available all at the same time is what I have seen.
  • Options

<< <i>

Really? Really?

Tell me, from a business standpoint, why would anyone do that?

You aren't the first one to ask that question this week (and obviously didn't read many of the other threads where it was asked by people new to flipping and the usmint), but I really can't understand why the question is really asked that way......you want them all shipped together and pay 1 price, then you order them all together. You order them separately, and the system is set up to send them separately. It's a business. >>

No, I didn't go through and read the 500 posts in the 20 different threads on the 25th ASE's. I didn't state I wanted them shipped in one box, nor were the shipping charges mentioned in my question. Maybe it was asked prior, and you are conflating the two scenarios and responding accordingly. My question was fairly simple - has the Mint ever combined multiple orders in one box.

I realize it is a business - and the business I made two orders from last week stuck them both in one box...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file