Home U.S. Coin Forum

US Mint Order Status

Order Status: Your order request is on hold.
Would anyone care to define the status?

Amazing Game 6!

Comments

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal. wait a couple of days & it will change.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have recieved your order and it, like all other new orders, is temporarily in a hold status. Normal procedure while they prepare to process it and charge your credit card, provided you are not on the waiting list.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• << <i>They have recieved your order and it, like all other new orders, is temporarily in a hold status. Normal procedure while they prepare to process it and charge your credit card, provided you are not on the waiting list. >>

I thought the Mint didn't charge your CC until shipment?image
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Per the Mint's FAQ section see below:

"Hold" status
    Answer ID 41
    What does "hold" mean?
    Hold means that we are taking the action to review and process your order.

Did this answer your question?

They also used to have a FAQ which defined Suspended status as also part of the normal order process, but it was removed once they switched shipping vendors.

<< <i>

<< <i>They have recieved your order and it, like all other new orders, is temporarily in a hold status. Normal procedure while they prepare to process it and charge your credit card, provided you are not on the waiting list. >>

I thought the Mint didn't charge your CC until shipment?image >>

That is correct. Next status will be In Process if you are not on the waiting list. Then it will show shipped if you credit card hit was successful.

• I don't know whether I am on a waiting list?
    Would the hold status indicate I will get filled?

<< <i>I don't know whether I am on a waiting list?
    Would the hold status indicate I will get filled? >>

no, hold indicates order is qualified to get filled subject to availability and valid credit card. what time was order placed according to your "Track Order?"

• 616PM

<< <i>616PM >>

Don't hold your breath...you are on the late waiting list
  • Thank you for answers.
  • So if you had to bet on this order getting filled, you would say?
    0%
    25%
    50%
    Above 50%
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on the waiting list
    Maybe I get them and Maybe not!image
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

<< <i>So if you had to bet on this order getting filled, you would say?
    0%
    25%
    50%
    Above 50% >>

i'd bet 0-25%

• ksammutksammut Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

<< <i>616PM >>

You are probably on the waiting list. There is possibly some good news. A number of people had multiple accidental orders go through yesterday that brought their total to more than 5. I had one order go through where I did not get to the final page of the process or receive a confirmation email but when I looked in my order tracking area in my Mint account, there was an extra order of 2 which brought my total to 7 sets. From reading the many posts, it looks like this happened to others too. The Mint cleared out all of these orders last night. I now show my two orders totaling 5 sets with the one order removed.

Hopefully, these accidental orders will help fill the orders of those of you who are on the waiting list.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 35,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

<< <i>So if you had to bet on this order getting filled, you would say?
    0%
    25%
    50%
    Above 50% >>

It would depend on how many thousand orders the mint received between 4:30 and your time and how many orders get cancelled in the next seven days.....keep checking your order status occasionally and keep track of the back order date .... miracles do happen.
  • mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

Im in the same boat.Tried to get thru on the phone and online from 12:01 to 4pm.Redialing and refreshing constantly.Finally got thru just after 6pm so I guess the BST forum is the way to go.Wonder what MCM will be charging?image
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>616PM >>

They sold out before 5:00 so you are SOL unless there are thousands of cancellations which is very unlikely.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought if you completed multiple orders, all your orders would be cancelled. My cart crashed five times but I only completed 1.

If the price doesn't hold up through delivery, there may be some cancellations.

There will be some expired (which they'll know immediately) and some over-limit (which they won't know til they actually hit the card)...but guessing that 100-1,000 at most.

Have they stopped the practice of people having PCGS/NGC screen them for 70's and then sending them back, or will returns actually be used to fill the wait list?
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • DCWDCW Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If the price doesn't hold up through delivery, there may be some cancellations."

I don't see this sceneraio unfolding.

But, hey don't give up hope. In 2008, I continued to place orders for the platinum proof sets after they were "sold out" or as the mint said "waiting list." Well, they all arrived and I made an absolute killing on the aftermarket.

Hope you do, too.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

<< <i>Have they stopped the practice of people having PCGS/NGC screen them for 70's and then sending them back, or will returns actually be used to fill the wait list? >>

Mint returns must now be made within 7 days of delivery. For those unaware, the mint will reimburse your shipping back to them if they were returned because of quality issue.

• ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    I find it perplexing that my first order appears on the tracking site with Cancel boxes, stating the order's on hold... and my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th orders are on hold, but WITHOUT Cancel boxes...

Anyone hazard a guess as to why?

Probably means I'm on the waiting list for those last orders...
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>I find it perplexing that my first order appears on the tracking site with Cancel boxes, stating the order's on hold... and my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th orders are on hold, but WITHOUT Cancel boxes...

Probably means I'm on the waiting list for those last orders... >>

Well, I can say that my buddies last order placed at approx 4:50 p.m. has the cancel box showing on his screen.

What is the timing on your 2,3,4 in relation to the wait list?
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I find it perplexing that my first order appears on the tracking site with Cancel boxes, stating the order's on hold... and my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th orders are on hold, but WITHOUT Cancel boxes...

What time were the other orders placed?
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • My order status is still on hold.
  • michiganboymichiganboy Posts: 1,246 ✭✭
    You probably will still get them my order went to in process today and was placed at 7:03pm est. time and thats latest order I've seen on here go to in process. good luck!
    Positive BST transactions:michaeldixon,nibanny,
    type2,CCHunter.
  • stealerstealer Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭✭
    I got my order in over the phone after explaining to the operator that I had placed an order at around 3PM EST that didn't go through because of a system failure but I had an order number. When I called in and got my real order in it was at least 6:20 EST and my order is "In Process". Not sure if it's because I got higher priority for already having an order in or not but just saying it's still possible to have your order filled.

<< <i>

Well, I can say that my buddies last order placed at approx 4:50 p.m. has the cancel box showing on his screen.

What is the timing on your 2,3,4 in relation to the wait list? >>

I was in the middle of an order with a Mint rep on the phone, and she said, "uhhh, wait a sec, I was just handed a piece of paper...".

A minutes goes by, then she says, "the mint has reached its limit, and you will now be placed on the waiting list..."

That was about 2 PM on the Left Coast...
    UBERCOINER

• << I find it perplexing that my first order appears on the tracking site with Cancel boxes, stating the order's on hold... and my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th orders are on hold, but WITHOUT Cancel boxes...

Are you looking at Track Order for all your orders while signed into your US Mint account? I know the cancel boxes won't show if you use the Track Order feature without signing into the account and using the order number and name.
    Successful BST Transactions with several members.
  • EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Mint News Blog (Oct 28):

The Mint uses the word “backorder” in a different way that most people are familiar with.

Most companies are sellers, not manufacturers, so when an item is on “backorder,” that means that they have run out of that item, and need to order more from the manufacturer. That may take days or weeks or even months, so the company is telling the customer that he has to wait until the product comes in.

The Mint is both manufacturer and seller, so when they say “backorder,” they mean that the order is backed up until the coins are minted, assembled, and then shipped to the fulfillment center for mailing.

The Mint uses “hold” to mean that they need time to verify that the order is legitimate (in this case, not more than 5 sets per household) and that the customer’s credit card has sufficient funds. “In process” means that verification has been done, and now all it takes is for the Mint to see if there are enough sets ready for mailing.

“In stock and reserved” means that the coins have been assembled into sets and ready to be shipped to the fulfillment center, and that all verifications have been made. At this point, the Mint has ACCEPTED the order — prior to this, the Mint has only RECEIVED the order. Once the set is labeled for mailing, then you will receive a “Shipped” notice and tracking number (though the actual mailing date may be the next day).

“Suspended” is something new to me. I suppose that is used when a later order is made after the household limit has been reached. I have never seen a “Waiting List” message on the online order receipt or email confirmation, but then, I have never been put on a waiting list.

To sum up, once you see “In process” and/or “In stock and reserved,” you can safely assume that you will get your coins. “Hold” and “Backorder” are used routinely and does not mean that you will not get your coins.

JH
  • johnravjohnrav Posts: 230 ✭✭
    Email time stamp of 6:47, has now gone to 'in process.

I had 3 earlier orders of 2,1 and 1. But the last one had alluded me.

Someone said the site was moving freely around that time, so I jumped in on the last allowed to me under the HH limit. image
  • GATGAT Posts: 3,146

<< <i>Email time stamp of 6:47, has now gone to 'in process.

I had 3 earlier orders of 2,1 and 1. But the last one had alluded me.

Someone said the site was moving freely around that time, so I jumped in on the last allowed to me under the HH limit. image >>

A order timed stamped 6:47 in progress means either they have cancelled a lot of orders or are not using first in/first out. Wonder which it is?image
    USAF vet 1951-59

<< <i><< I find it perplexing that my first order appears on the tracking site with Cancel boxes, stating the order's on hold... and my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th orders are on hold, but WITHOUT Cancel boxes...

Are you looking at Track Order for all your orders while signed into your US Mint account? I know the cancel boxes won't show if you use the Track Order feature without signing into the account and using the order number and name. >>

Signing in to my mint account now shows my 1st order of 5 sets is "in process". Orders 2-4 were completed thorugh a friend's CC, and he does not have an account with the Mint, so only way I can check is to either call them, or simply "Track Order" without signing in, and at the moment, those orders are "on hold" with no boxes whatsoever, cancel or not...
    UBERCOINER

As mentioned in a previous post... In process doesn't mean squat..

“In process” means that verification has been done, and now all it takes is for the Mint to see if there are enough sets ready for mailing. (The second part of this sentence is what's important.)

What counts is: “In stock and reserved” means that the coins have been assembled into sets and ready to be shipped to the fulfillment center, and that all verifications have been made.

Even those of the waiting list, will have the "In process" status, until it changes to: In stock & reserved or we regret to inform etc
    Boy, you REALLY know how to ruin a party... image
    UBERCOINER

• << <i>

<< <i>616PM >>

You are probably on the waiting list. There is possibly some good news. A number of people had multiple accidental orders go through yesterday that brought their total to more than 5. I had one order go through where I did not get to the final page of the process or receive a confirmation email but when I looked in my order tracking area in my Mint account, there was an extra order of 2 which brought my total to 7 sets. From reading the many posts, it looks like this happened to others too. The Mint cleared out all of these orders last night. I now show my two orders totaling 5 sets with the one order removed.

Hopefully, these accidental orders will help fill the orders of those of you who are on the waiting list. >>

Same thing happened to me ..two orders of five.. I canceled one myself.. I hope my other five doesnt get cancelled.
  • shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My order at 2:00 is in process but they moved the estimated ship date to 11/17.

A friend ordered at 3:00 has "on hold" not in process...ship date 11/17.

My father-in-law ordered at 8:30 has "on hold"...ship date 11/18. I've told him he must be wait listed and to expect cancellation, but nothing he received from the Mint gives any indication of either of these.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • My status has moved from "hold" to "in process."
    But, based on what I have read this is not much of an improvement, if any at all.
    My order is at the mint, somewhere

• What counts is: “In stock and reserved” means that the coins have been assembled into sets and ready to be shipped to the fulfillment center, and that all verifications have been made.

Anyone have this message yet?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file