Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Selling a $50 visa gift card sold

alot of opinions but the card has been sold.

Comments

• Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    That's a great deal, I'll think about it
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's a great deal, I'll think about it >>

lol, beats $50+ shipping I guess.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got this gift card as a prize in a raffle but dont really use them so I am selling it for $50 dlvd. If you want a pic lmk, it is still in the packaging. >>

why would anyone buy this?.........

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    LMFAO! Priceless! image
  • Options
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Is it worth more in the packaging?
  • Options
    So you want me to give you $50 up front now so I can spend
    the exact same $50 in the future? Good grief!!
    Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭
    I've never understood it, but people pay more for giftcards than they are worth:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-APPLE-50-US-iTUNES-GIFT-CARD-CERTIFICATE-/130593672211?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item1e67fd4c13

If you go to a Walmart/etc you have to spend $4 to activate a VISA debit card too (I just got my brother one for his B-day). So if you buy someone a Visa gift card, you actually spend $54 instead of $50. If you buy say a Walmart giftcard, they don't charge activation as they know you'll spend the $50 at Walmart. But with a Visa card that's prepaid, if you spend $50 buying it at Walmart you can spend it anywhere. Walmart doesn't make money off of that at all if you go to Target to spend it. So they charge the $4 activation fee to make some money off the deal. So, basically he's giving you $4 free if you would be in the market for getting one anyway. But I agree - never understood why someone spends more on a giftcard than the face value is worth.

On another note, if you are selling it for $50 - why not just keep it and spend it rather than throwing money away. You can use it anywhere VISA is accepted, and by the time you pay for shipping and paypal fees you net $46-47. Why not just use it?
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any companies that are grading these type of cards yet?
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    can you post a pic.. front and back please???
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    PSA graded cards only?
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    I came to see a man about a horse.
  • Options
    Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    How rare are these gift cards?
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    I'll give $22 paypal gift.
  • Options
    I'd give $40, I still saved $10.

Why not just use the card yourself? Go anywhere that takes Visa, and swip it.

Can Visa Gift Cards be used through PayPal?

Dave
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I will only offer $65 since... Visa gift cards expire after two years of being issued and a monthly administrative fee of $2.50 is charged starting six months after the activation date, and it costs like $20 to re-issue it if I lose it.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I will only offer $65 since... Visa gift cards expire after two years of being issued and a monthly administrative fee of $2.50 is charged starting six months after the activation date, and it costs like $20 to re-issue it if I lose it. >>

...and it costs 0.50 to check your balance via toll free phone number and an extra 0.75 to speak with someone, i'm not even making this up! lol
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    One year we pooled our money together at the office and bought our boss a $500 Visa Gift Card for Christmas. About a week later he gave it back to us and said it's too much of a pain in the ass to use, and asked us to change it over to a different gift card. lol
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "One year we pooled our money together at the office and bought our boss a $500 Visa Gift Card for Christmas. About a week later he gave it back to us and said it's too much of a pain in the ass to use, and asked us to change it over to a different gift card. lol"

Does this boss have pointy hair?
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    sounds like the type of boss I would want to work for...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...