Home Precious Metals
Options

You Suck Award? Pawn Shop Buy

Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
5 X 10 Ounce Engelhard poured bars. Saw them under the glass and asked price the guy said what ever their marked....$110 each, tags were old and yellow now . Must have been priced quite awhile ago and in this small town there must not have been alot of PM buying and selling coming through the doors.

$550/50 ounces comes out to $11 an ounce. I think Im gonna sit on these for awhile or till I wanna make some improvements around the house or next time my car goes to $hit.

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VERY nice score!!

bobimage

Was he the shop owner? employee? lol
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭
    Time to go to small town pawn shops although most keep up with the prices.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely would have been award time - but only if you hadn't asked for it. image

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    Sorry I had to ask for it, but I could help but brag about this one. Had a similar pick once in Missouri, I was at a school for furthing my military training. It was a pain in the ass getting everything in my carry on. That was a few years ago just after the shoe bomber incident.
  • Options
    Oh I alsoly had problems in Germany coming home with 20LB's of mixed coins. That was just after the bomb theat in London(underwear bomber?) Wow was that a wait. Also got a 4 bottles of absinthe back to the states with me in my military check bag.
  • Options
    Didn't you have an ethical responsibilty to let the pawn shop know the current spot price ? ;-)
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    When you "rate" someone on their profile page, is 1 high or is 10 high...I just want to make sure I get this one right image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    We rate each other on here? Never knew that. Not that Ive ever worked with a forum member that I would rate low.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We rate each other on here? Never knew that. Not that Ive ever worked with a forum member that I would rate low. >>

I don't think anyone pays any attention to that nonsense.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice score indeed image
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Wowzers
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the same as handing a blind man a five and telling him it's a twenty?

peacockcoins

• Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I'll offer you $22 an ounce for them. A quick double of your money! image
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭

<< <i>Is this the same as handing a blind man a five and telling him it's a twenty? >>

It's more like a blind man handing you a $20 and telling you it's a $5.
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    Are you sure it's real?

Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Was the guys name Chumley?

Good for you.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is this the same as handing a blind man a five and telling him it's a twenty? >>

It's more like a blind man handing you a $20 and telling you it's a $5. >>

^^ image

peacockcoins

• Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Was the guys name Chumley?

image >>

LOL image
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    I'm also wondering if they were real, and also wondering if you did the pawn shop a favor by letting him unload the stolen merchandise... or the lead filled bars they made in the back.

But nice score, even though I wouldnt touch poured bars that are easily tampered with.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW !!!
    What a find.
    Congratulations.
    Timbuk3