Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

clayshooter22 (Mike Haas) Sighting!!...Update 01/09/12 - 7:02PM

I received the following PM on 10/5 from clayshooter22:

Mike,

I know its been about a year and things have not been handled well but I just got all of my stuff back from the local police department. Court case took about a year to wrap up abut I finally have 100% of my stuff back. Long and short of it was that my house/car was burglarized and over $100K worth of stuff was taken, including the cards from our group sub from last fall. I have all of your cards and I need to ship them to you.

Can you please give me your mailing address.

Again, very sorry. Had no idea when this would be resolved and my laywer told me it could take 18 months - I was so embarassed and had nothing to report until now.

Mike

I would like to tell everyone that the package arrived and all of my cards were finally returned by Mike....However, the only update that I have to report is that he is still a thief.

Comments

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow!

• DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭
    Glad you got your cards back.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • 1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Is he a thief or a liar? or both?

DId everybody finally get their cards back?
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • samspopsamspop Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is he a thief or a liar? or both?

DId everybody finally get their cards back? >>

I would say both at this point...I know of one other board member who has not received their cards from Mike.
  • Hell, I didn't even get the cool robbery storyimage
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WOW ... that came out of nowhere!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    I just don't get why somebdoy would just hold someones cards for over a year?

I thought those were long gone and glad you got them back.

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **

<< <i>I just don't get why somebdoy would just hold someones cards for over a year? >>

/ insert PSA joke here.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    I don't think samspop is saying he got his back. This sentence "I'd like to tell everyone I got my cards back" reads like Morgan Freeman's speech in Shawshank - "I'd like to say that the sisters let Andy be, but prison isn't like that"
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq

• << <i>I don't think samspop is saying he got his back. This sentence "I'd like to tell everyone I got my cards back" reads like Morgan Freeman's speech in Shawshank - "I'd like to say that the sisters let Andy be, but prison isn't like that" >>

I didn't know you played bear pong on wednesday.
  • detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't think samspop is saying he got his back. This sentence "I'd like to tell everyone I got my cards back" reads like Morgan Freeman's speech in Shawshank - "I'd like to say that the sisters let Andy be, but prison isn't like that" >>

There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a BS word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a crap.
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    "Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'."

Happy to admit that the last scene of that movie, from the minute Red gets on the bus until he gets to the beach, makes me cry like Dick Vermeil every single time.

• << <i>I received the following PM on 10/5 from clayshooter22:

Mike,

I know its been about a year and things have not been handled well but I just got all of my stuff back from the local police department. Court case took about a year to wrap up abut I finally have 100% of my stuff back. Long and short of it was that my house/car was burglarized and over $100K worth of stuff was taken, including the cards from our group sub from last fall. I have all of your cards and I need to ship them to you.

Can you please give me your mailing address.

Again, very sorry. Had no idea when this would be resolved and my laywer told me it could take 18 months - I was so embarassed and had nothing to report until now.

Mike

I would like to tell everyone that the package arrived and all of my cards were finally returned by Mike....However, the only update that I have to report is that he is still a thief. >>

And the award for best use of Popcorn Girl in the second post of a thread goes to.......................jeffcbay!!!!!!!!!!!

The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
    Thank you *bow* Thank you...
  • I seen that clayshooter22 is logged in right now.

You get your cards back Mike?
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hell, I didn't even get the cool robbery storyimage >>

You get a different story
    He's still working on it

<< <i>I seen that clayshooter22 is logged in right now.

You get your cards back Mike? >>

NO!! Clayshooter22 is still a thief!!
  • brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    So who all does this turd still owe cards to?

• << <i>So who all does this turd still owe cards to? >>

Just 2 people that I am aware of.
    So this piece of shiat still hasn't made things right for people on these boards yet is still posting?

• << <i>So this piece of shiat still hasn't made things right for people on these boards yet is still posting? >>

That is correct.
    Just can't believe this guy. imageimage

• shameless image
  • UPDATE;

I have received my money that was paid for my portion of the grading fees back tonight along with an apology and an address request for return of the cards.
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

delete
  • This thread should remain on the first page until the two members here who were screwed out of their cards/cash get their stuff back...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Obviously this does not involve me, but is this a common occurence on this site?
  • No.

I've been involved in a few group submissions. I never had a problem.

This is the only occurance I know of in my time here.

Dave

Excuse me for spelling. I've been up for 26 hours straight, no sleep.
  • UPDATE;

Today I received a box from clayshooter22 that contained my cards from the piggyback/group sub in question. That makes it a full return of the grading fees and the cards also.
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    OFFICIAL CLAYSHOOTER UPDATE....

It's over. Mike Haas officially cleaned up the mess that has been going on with this submission for the last nearly 2 years.

I received a package today that had all of the cards that I submitted through his group sub. Additionally, he refunded all of my fees that were paid for the submission. I always said I would forgive and forget. Today, that has happened.

Mike Haas is A-OK in my book. Period!!
    Glad to hear this has been cleaned up.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15

<< <i>OFFICIAL CLAYSHOOTER UPDATE....

It's over. Mike Haas officially cleaned up the mess that has been going on with this submission for the last nearly 2 years.

I received a package today that had all of the cards that I submitted through his group sub. Additionally, he refunded all of my fees that were paid for the submission. I always said I would forgive and forget. Today, that has happened.

Mike Haas is A-OK in my book. Period!! >>

Sure in the hell don't know about him being a-ok in anyones book but alrighty.
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭
    Mike Haas is A-OK in my book. Period!!

You are more giving than I. He doesn't sound "a-ok" but it's your cards so your call. I would say you are being very generous.
  • 70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean we wont see the popcorn girl on the forum for a while?

Glad you got everything squared away!

Dave
  • psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Popcorn Girl? POPCORN GIRL?!! That's Scarlett Johansson; Popcorn Goddess!!!
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>........Mike Haas is A-OK in my book.......... >>

Yeah, he's a real peach of a guy.
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much interest did he send you with your money he has had all of this time?

• clayshooter22clayshooter22 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭
    Guys,

Honestly, no one is more embaressed than I. The whole thing sucks for me too.

The short of it is that while in my care the cards were stolen. A year later they were returned and the theif is in jail, not on these boards as suggested. I provided the two board members whose cards were in my care a copy of the police report. I had much, much more stolen.

I was so embarassed I didn't replty in a timely manner and for that I'll take it on the chin, as deserved.

I returned over $100 in grading fees along with the graded cards and an apology.

I'm hopeful it's all in the rearview mirror.

Mike

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you made good.
    What was the thiefs name? How long did he get? Any story to that?
  • gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159

<< <i>Sounds like you made good.
    What was the thiefs name? How long did he get? Any story to that? >>

I'm more curious how long it takes to extradite a thief from Sweden.

Glass houses and all.
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot where I was. Oh yeah Im in a glass house. All of yall are in it. Carry on.
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Crazy story

• << <i>Sounds like you made good.
    What was the thiefs name? How long did he get? Any story to that? >>

The particulars of the arrest and case could be quickly examined. Most states have public access to the court docket records. Below is the one for Penna.

arrest check

Was the name of the thief ever mentioned?
  • Just read through all this and the other thread back from 2010, really unbelievable story...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

Why does the name have to be mentioned?

The OP says all is good.

Mike has made good.

It's over.

Good for you.
  • 70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why does the name have to be mentioned?

The OP says all is good.

Mike has made good.

It's over. >>

+1

Can we please move on? The guy screwed up, but he did hang around and try to set things right. Those who were hurt said he has done so.
    Let's try to keep our community positive.

Dave

• << <i>Why does the name have to be mentioned?

The OP says all is good.

Mike has made good.

It's over. >>

Are we late?

I mean, nobody was harmed by clayshooter in the end and the 2 parties who were inconvenienced were made better than whole. Still, it seems like the word hasn't gotten back to everyone in the mob that they can take their torches and pitchforks home.
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭