Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Secure Plus a Requirement for Pre 1955 World Coins

2»

Comments

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of a solution- as stated earlier in this thread- seemed to be a well thought out step in the right direction. Unfortunately, the idea was probably POA.

Nothing in response

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Because of the tons of fake coins and authentic coins with issues....

If I'm going to buy an expensive foreign coin ($500+) i would want it in a secure plus holder.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage

I have 21 pre '55 gold coins in right now. The invoice including shipping/insurance and grading secure plus ($45) is $987.95
    That amounts to just over $47 per coin. The three illustrated went "regular". The cost with shipping/insurance for 3 coins totalled $122.25 which equates to just under $41 per coin.

Not much difference. The real costs are selling on eBay and not seeing a gain because of a 20% drop in the yellow stuff over the past 7 or 8 months.

HE>I

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey for gold it makes sense - I don't think anyone has that much of a problem with that - cost of doing biz - whatever you are talking about a multi hundred $ coin to start with - I was reffering to the ones just $100-200 or even less anything under $200 even makes no sense to spend what 45 bucks+....

dunno maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture here.
  • 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I can not say I disagree when I have heard "that's outrageous" exclamations. 47/submission is pretty high IMO. Well, good luck to them and think that it probably will cut submissions - which perhaps is a short-term goal. Less problems, more money...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.