Home Metal Detecting
Options

2 cents

I found 2 cents in the street while picking up 123 5 gal buckets of Walnuts today. With no rain for several weeks the ground is now as hard as a rock. Detecting would have been a challenge.

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any recently drained lakes in your area to poke around?
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    I am always picking up cents! It is amazing the pennies that I find throughout my eyeball ventures. I have gravitated towards getting my eight year old to pick them up for me on our outings to keep me from looking like such a cheapskate! image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stray cents on the ground (street, parking lot, grass) are incredibly common. On a recent trip to do some shopping, I set a goal of finding at least one cent in each parking area before going into the store. Out of five stops, I found one cent in two places, three cents in one area and four cents in the other two. I think people just toss them rather than carry them. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    I found a quarter in 2 separate parking lots yesterday, 3 dimes, 1 nickel and 11 cents. Also a crumpled up $1 bill. $1.96 for walking to and from my car isn't too bad! I did the right thing though and turned the dollar into the State of Texas, 2 minutes later I blew the gray gunk of my quarter and tossed the scratch off ticket into the garbage, my first lotto ticket, took me 31 years to buy and I freaking lost! Oh well, still .96 cents ahead of the class.