Comments

• Options
    West22West22 Posts: 227 ✭✭✭

Ford error:

Carmelo Martinez error:

• Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2017 9:10PM

I like this variation and hope someone can find another. Apologies on the scan quality bit I did get my CanoScan LIDE 70 to come back from the dead. Clear design line in the "K" in Yankees.

1990 Topps #9 Eric Plunk

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    West22West22 Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2017 6:08AM

Just pack pulled, card #615 Rob Deer redless (magenta plate) error. I dub thee Rob Deer War Paint Face Error:

edit - card is not miscut, scanner cut off the bottom. I'm looking through my other cards from this break for Rob's northern neighbor Danny Gladden for signs of redless.

• Options

How about this

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭✭

I went through some 1990 Topps vending last night and found these 2 Ken Williams #327. I haven't seen any others like it online, but who knows if it is anything special. I actually bypassed the first one, and then I saw another in the 2nd box, so I went all the way back through the 1st to find it. Only went through 2 vending boxes of a case so there could be more. Anyone seen or have one of these defects?

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cardshark0131 said:
    How about this

Just bad registration. It happens.

Arthur

• Options

@secretstash said:
    I went through some 1990 Topps vending last night and found these 2 Ken Williams #327. I haven't seen any others like it online, but who knows if it is anything special. I actually bypassed the first one, and then I saw another in the 2nd box, so I went all the way back through the 1st to find it. Only went through 2 vending boxes of a case so there could be more. Anyone seen or have one of these defects?

Certainly a unique variation. I am sure there are others out there. Don't know that there would be much of a market for Ken Williams though. Interesting find.

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2020 11:50AM

^ Thanks.

I found another one in the 4th vending box....Now I am going to have to keep searching all weekend...

Triplets!

• Options

Here is a card that sheds some insight on how Topps was produced, card #169 Richard Dotson.

The base card all have an errant slash printed in the lower right section of the card along the border.

OPC (with the "now with" traded designation) all have the exact same slash.

Tiffany cards have no slash.

Was wondering if anyone had an example of a base Topps or OPC that did not have the slash? Possible that it was corrected for factory sets, etc.

saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    HalfNipponeseHalfNipponese Posts: 118 ✭✭✭

Here is one of the better print errors I found. Being a Larry Walker rookie makes it a little cooler.

Visit :)MyRareCards.com :) to see my publicly curated collection. I'm currently in open beta so please PM me any suggestions. The only point of the site is to share my favorite cards and manage my collection. Optimized for mobile devices.

• Options
    HalfNipponeseHalfNipponese Posts: 118 ✭✭✭

The last of the print errors I could find. I had a small stack of "scratchy" cards I misplaced. Unfortunately,, they probably got packed away in one of the other boxes.

Visit :)MyRareCards.com :) to see my publicly curated collection. I'm currently in open beta so please PM me any suggestions. The only point of the site is to share my favorite cards and manage my collection. Optimized for mobile devices.

• Options

@saucywombat said:
    Discovered today a pretty clear variation for #495 Lee Smith.

White triangle in"S" in Red Sox

and corrected (triangle airbrushed in)

Kind of cool as this set is essentially devoid of corrected variations such as this.

I quit collecting in the junk wax era and came back in the new junk era... (dumb AF) missed Brady, Lebron, Curry, etc... Only now it's higher priced and still poor quality. Revisited the classic junk boxes that I have.

Lee, now in the HOF and the corrected 90's Topps is HTF. I have six plus uncorrected and was really surprised to find one that was corrected. Would have never known if I didn't find your post. Thank You!

I'll add some saucy 90's Topps for you

• Options

Found a pretty interesting Thomas. The yellow smear on top of the foot, I haven't seen another recently. NFS NFT. Just cool to look at.

• Options

And guys, please don't pay attention to the name on this handle. It's a call sign from Magic the gathering sites. Nothing more.