Home Metal Detecting
Options

some odd 3 ring boolits

so these are the bullets i dug recently. dug the top middle one today. i was told many years ago these were indian wars era. anyone here know for sure? forgot to add a huge musket ball i dug last week. i think there was some type of shooting range here. found an old flat button today too. have it soaking, will id the age later. might be british.

Comments

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes you wonder if the target is still near by.
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    where did you find them? State?

Steve

Edited to add they appear to be that of a homecast reloader
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice... must have been a lot of action at that site. Any chance a research of the area history might turn up some information?? Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Hey Brian I've found some bullets over here in my area like that before.
    Not sure of age or when they were used.

Cool finds though.

HH,Tom
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    well those are certainly different. Wish I could help on IDing them...certainly look old though
  • Options
    I'm in california. I've dug CW war bullets before. Probably have a few pounds of those. These look a lot different.
    Id'd the button age at 1860's to 1870 according to my Tice button bible.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any new finds Brian?

Al
  • Options
    Having some knee problems. I'm taking some time off from digging. Was digging out some stumps in my yard and hurt my back a little. Its tough cause there are severals demos going on and I can't try them out.
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are 45-70's. Circa 1880.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions