Home Sports Talk
Options

What happened tro SteveK??

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
Haven't seen him posting in a while, even as the Phillies are in the playoffs, and was just wondering if he's taking a break or if something else happened?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Options
    I was wondering the same thing. Just all at once he was gone.

Ron

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    Just another victim?????

• Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    he broke his index finger...
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He built the eaglets up so much wondering who they were going to beat in the Super Bowl........he just can't take it! image

PLUS the almighty Philly's are being taken to a game 5 by the Cards who as a wild card team....made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth! image

Now if Dallas could just get Romo to quit losing games (by himself).......it would be a perfect world!image
  • Options
    He is mad at 'last out' Howard.
    Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    He is wondering what all the hype was about.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    I promise not to make any choking noises if he decides to come back.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geeze I hope he didnt have a breakdown and is white knuckling a racing form or the telephone out of control doing sport betting! image

j/k Hope all is well with Mr.SteveK
  • Options
    Does seem like he posted alot more when his teams were doing better.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭

I promise not to make any choking noises if he decides to come back.

As the #1 Braves fan on the boards, I would certainly hope that you wouldn't call anyone else's team a choker.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does seem like he posted alot more when his teams were doing better. >>

It's a natural reaction. I don't blame him.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wherever he is he should stay there.
  • Options

<< <i>Wherever he is he should stay there. >>

• Options

<< <i>Wherever he is he should stay there. >>

• Options
    Kind of funny, this thread, was just wondering and going to ask the same thing. Got a little annoying, the constant talk about the Phillies and the "Dream Team" Eagles.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Hope all is well...

regardless of what others may say...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Last I heard he was in a $5k deepstack tourney at Borgata with 4 tables left.
  • Options
    He and his friends can be found in here......

• Options
    His life is all about the Eagles and Phils...wouldn't you hide also?
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    While you may not always agree with SteveK's opinions, he's good people in my book.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Stevek has been spotted at a local sparts bar in detroit wearing his vintage Barry Sanders jersey and a tigers baseball hat. When asked who is the new guy, SteveK was over heard as saying he is a life long fan of both teams.......
  • Options
    Maybe he hooked up with Felicia.
  • Options

<< <i>While you may not always agree with SteveK's opinions, he's good people in my book. >>

In my opinion I think if the Phils or Eagles were 0 and something Stevek would still pull for them and defend them. You don't switch teams just because they are losing. stevek is there for them every year and will be again next year. I don't see him as a bandwagon jumper.

Ron
  • Options
    StevieK is not a bandwagon jumper, he just talks alot of smack about his and everone's team. Expect the backlash when your team under performs or chokes. It is as easy as that.
  • Options
    Ohhhhhhhh StevieBoy, where are you?
  • Options
    I haven't heard from him, but I think all the bickering back and forth on the main board pretty much drove him off to exile..unless something happened in his private life that is, but the timing was rather coincidental.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>While you may not always agree with SteveK's opinions, he's good people in my book. >>

+ 2 And I'm a Mets fan. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    He's taking french horn lessons fron joestalin.
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>He's taking french horn lessons fron joestalin. >>

Right- because he just wasn't loud enough before.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure exactly what happened to that little bastige.

But I heard he's been spending most of his internet time posting in political forums due to the importance of the upcoming primaries and 2012 elections.

• Options

<< <i>I'm not sure exactly what happened to that little bastige.

But I heard he's been spending most of his internet time posting in political forums due to the importance of the upcoming primaries and 2012 elections.

image >>

We go at it all the time, but glad everything is OK.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm not sure exactly what happened to that little bastige.

image >>

We go at it all the time, but glad everything is OK. >>

I'm doing great and I appreciate the thread. "Going at it" here is like nothing compared to these political forums in this political climate - it can get brutal. But in my viewpoint this upcoming 2012 election is the most important in our lifetime. So to me it's important if not vital to get across our political viewpoints which I will not express here because CU would probably delete it, as they deleted one of my threads awhile back even though it mostly pertained to precious metals.

I had stated in that thread image

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Steve, withholding all judgement and opinions (positive or negative), who is your favorite GOP candidate so far? Even though I consider myself a Democrat, I like to keep my mind open to any and all possibilities, and I consider your opinion to be well-informed. You can PM me if you would prefer.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure SteveK is voting for Steve Carlton in 2012...

• Options

<< <i>I'm pretty sure SteveK is voting for Steve Carlton in 2012... >>

Mike Schmidt for VP.
  • Options

<< <i>Steve, withholding all judgement and opinions (positive or negative), who is your favorite GOP candidate so far? Even though I consider myself a Democrat, I like to keep my mind open to any and all possibilities, and I consider your opinion to be well-informed. You can PM me if you would prefer. >>

Jeff - gotta pass on these thoughts here, big brother may be watching...but for some reason I'm in a mood to see if there is an autographed catcher's Mitt on ebay.
  • Options
    Quite simply,

He is mad at Ryan 'last out' Howard.
  • Options
    Good to see you back Stevek.

Ron
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Jeff - gotta pass on these thoughts here, big brother may be watching...but for some reason I'm in a mood to see if there is an autographed catcher's Mitt on ebay. >>

Steve ... there is one on eBay right now. Description states that it is game used by a guy named RON who always caught with one KNEE on the ground.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Jeff - gotta pass on these thoughts here, big brother may be watching...but for some reason I'm in a mood to see if there is an autographed catcher's Mitt on ebay. >>

Steve ... there is one on eBay right now. Description states that it is game used by a guy named RON who always caught with one KNEE on the ground. >>

Doug - I remember that guy...used to play in Boston.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Steve ... there is one on eBay right now. Description states that it is game used by a guy named RON who always caught with one KNEE on the ground. >>

Doug - I remember that guy...used to play in Boston. >>

Stevek- I am both excited and frightened to learn that you and I agree on something. He too will have my vote when the primaries roll around.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Doug - I remember that guy...used to play in Boston. >>

Stevek- I am both excited and frightened to learn that you and I agree on something. He too will have my vote when the primaries roll around. >>

I've been in the business community most of my life, and I've never seen such utter distain and absolute dislike of any administration like this one before. I was around during Jimmy Carter as president, and the vitriol isn't even close to that as far as the negative viewpoints. That being said, it's a bit different country than in 1980. Unfortunately, there are too many in America who have become dependent on government handouts and also those who take advantage of government waste and fraud. If those dependent on the government such as that happen to be in the majority to get the necessary votes in the Electoral College, then we lose...and it would be a very bleak future indeed for freedom and liberty in our country.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    image back to the boards.

Missed ya!!! image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.