Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

75 mini Brett rookie opinions

What do you think? I'm thinking 8.5 corners just ever so slightly touched opinions welcome

Comments

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    that's a really sweet card. I'd say outside chance of a 9. Most likely an 8 due to the touch on the top right corner. Assuming the back is as nice as the front.

• Options
    Yeah backs dead centered
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    I'd say an 8; corners are nice but not razor sharp, but centering is excellent for 1975.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    Evening,

Prepare yourself for an 8, jump up and down and scream like a little shool girl when it Pops as a 9. Its what I do with every sub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 8.5 grade should have been built for a card just like this.

Superb centering. image
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

fine card sir!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    ^^^^^

what he said.
  • Options
    I concur with Neil. Don't be surprised when it comes back a PSA 8, and if it gets an 8.5 or 9, show us the scan and we can all lift a glass and celebrate with you!!!

Brian
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was a common card, I'd say that you have a great shot at a 9, but I feel they grade the star cards a bit more conservatively, so I'm going to also say 8.5. Beautiful card.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    I'd say a shot at the 8.5 but Grote is correct. It is a very sweet card!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stangrider,

Did you pull this Brett from that mini box you bought? Did you buy it from Steve?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Yeah it was from the box I got from Steve. I also pulled 2 younts one was centered very nicely but has a surface indentationimage Pulled some solid commons, as well as the normal extremely OC cards that get mixed in.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I think it looks much nicer than the psa 9 currently on eBay at a BIN of $600.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with Neil.

Think 8 and be pleasantly surprised.

Does the upper right corner have any paper loss on the direct corner? Hard to see fer sure - if not? I'm thinking 8.5 to 9.

And everything I've said is just a guess - I stink this.
    Mike
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    JGS (Jim's Grading Service)

says 9 !!
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a 9 to me
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    I agree with the comment about how they grade commons and stars. Probably will receive an 8, but IMO it deserves better.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options

<< <i>that's a really sweet card. I'd say outside chance of a 9. Most likely an 8 due to the touch on the top right corner. Assuming the back is as nice as the front. >>

My thoughts exactly.
    ----------------------------------------
    Currently working on:
    1955 Topps All-American
    George Brett Master Set
    2009 A&G's
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I would be verry happy to buy that in a 9 holder, anything less than 8.5 is silly.

Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Evening,

Prepare yourself for an 8, jump up and down and scream like a little shool girl when it Pops as a 9. Its what I do with every sub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage >>

Would you mind filming that next time?? image
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I think you will get a 9 on that card. Nice pull! image
  • Options
    Well got my sub result from the Brett rookie that I pulled fresh from a wax pack and it was

N1: Evidence of trimming!!!!! image

Looks like it will make a record time turnaround trip right back to PSA
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    ouch!!!! been there, done that. recycle back thru like you mentioned. image

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well got my sub result from the Brett rookie that I pulled fresh from a wax pack and it was

N1: Evidence of trimming!!!!! image

Looks like it will make a record time turnaround trip right back to PSA >>

Does it measure short? (And before the peanut gallery comes out...Yeah I know it's a Mini but you know what I mean!) image
  • Options
    No it was regular size for a mini-
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I had some N1's in my last sub that were from packs from an impeccable source. They will be going back. That Brett is about as good as it gets. 9 or better. If that's an 8...that's ridiculous.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope it doesn't come back damaged.
  • Options
    If you call PSA before they ship the card back they will usually give it a second look
  • Options
    Results of second sub to PSA:

N1 evidence of trimming

Unbelievable, 2 times in a row and I pulled this from a pack myself. Looks like I'll have to give BGS a shot at this point. I'll give the card another close look with a loupe. Has anyone ever had something like this happen to them and eventually get the card slabbed?
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    That sucks. Since it's not a registry card, I would go with SGC or BVG at this point. At least they won't reject it without including a brief explanation as to why (meaning they'll tell you which edge(s) they didn't like.)

Going by VCP, BVG looks like the next best option for resale.
  • Options
    I'd be interested in buying it for my mini set if you are looking to move it.
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    straight 9...speaking of straight, you should have scanned it that way...
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why I stopped submitting cards. Last time I participated in a group sub 3 or 4 of mine came back as trimmed. They were all cards I pulled from packs, one was a ripken rookie. I decided if PSA is that incompetent what's the use in trying.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    Well got back results from BGS today and they slabbed as a 9.0. Happy that if finally got slabbed, just wish it had been in a PSA slab. image Will post scans once received in mail.
  • Options

<< <i>Well got back results from BGS today and they slabbed as a 9.0. Happy that if finally got slabbed, just wish it had been in a PSA slab. image Will post scans once received in mail. >>

ahhh good ol' BVG
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    So now do you send it for a crossover to PSA?

Dave
  • Options
    I'm going to just leave it as is in the BVG slab. I'd hate to waste any more $ on trying to cross over and have it rejected.