Taco Bell Gold Coin

BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
Forgive me if previously posted!--------BigE

Text
I'm glad I am a Tree

Comments

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image When gold was @ $1150, I had a Hess-Amerada gas station manager bring a 1 oz. A.G.E. to me, because one of his night attendants had taken it in payment for gas and cigarettes. He had just read the riot act to the employee since he didn't think it was worth the $50 that the attendant made change for. When I offered to buy it at near spot price, the look on his face was priceless. image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought that was idiotic. Would he have been happy had she made change? If he wants to determine if the general public knows the value of a gold coin, he should just ask random people and see what the results are.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    The guy is getting flamed in the comments, and rightfully so. What a moron. It would have been much funnier watching him pee his pants if she would have accepted it and made change.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about a gold coin toned using a Taco Bell napkin. image

Interesting idea for a video, but why would anyone expect the general public, especially a teenager working at Taco Bell, to know what a gold coin is? What does it matter if they don't? Don't get the point.
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would have been really great if she was a YN and gave him $49 change and a taco. After all, if you are presenting it as legal tender, it should be treated as such. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the video seemed pretty clear to me, the general public chosen at random doesn't understand what our current coinage consists of and prefers the paper dollar. i thought these were points the membership here was in agreement about, yet when an "outsider" has a demonstration to illustrate the point he gets smacked down. do a search on $2 bills and you might find threads about interesting experiences related by a COT member that you'll applaud.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he mentioned it was a one ounce gold coin, but did not mention it was $50 face value.

I think he was too scared to mention that part.

otherwise, I'm not on the bashdown bandwagon.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    When I retire and end up at Taco bell to make ends meet he better not show up at my window.image
  • Options
    mingotmingot Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭
    best comment ever:

"It's not this woman's job to assess precious metals. It's her job to get crazy people out of the restaurant as fast as possible with a minimum of conflict. I think she did a great job."
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a stack of gold James Buchanan's to make change for him.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought that was idiotic. Would he have been happy had she made change? If he wants to determine if the general public knows the value of a gold coin, he should just ask random people and see what the results are. >>

Say no more.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • Options
    The REAL idiotic part is that the U.S. government charges $1,800 (or whatever it is) for a coin with a face value of $50.

Now, who can explain that one? image
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    He would have crapped his pants if she accepted it. He knew full well she wouldn't and then acts arrogant that he was able to get one over on a 17 yr old. The NutHouse guy was much like this guy. I looked at his personal page and he seems like someone who wraps his whole life around politics which has caused him to develop an extremely cynical attitude toward everything and everyone. The guy seriously needs to get laid. He needs to realize that it's OK to be happy and not uplift yourself at others' expense.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file