Home Metal Detecting

Weekend of Sept 26th - 6 Silvers, 27 Wheats

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
Went out of state to visit a friend. Got back to the place where I got 12 silvers in two days last year. Now, I remembered there being a lot of bottle caps, but my goodness are bottle cap signals everywhere. Due to time constraints and the amount of junk, I had to cherry pick the best signals. Day one ended with 5 silvers and 18 wheat cents. Day two got a nice silver band and 9 wheats. Got a buffalo nickel each day as well - only dug 5 nickels total, so not too bad of a %. One of the wheats was 1909, but I think it's altered because there's no S or VDB!

I took a video of the sheer amount of signals at this place. Will see how to post it... never did a video before.

HH all!

Comments

• AIN'Tit great?wow great day.....finds like this always make me wonder what it was like when they dropped these...world events...songs that were popular...and the silver comes up shiinning just like it was just dropped depending on the soil conditions good finds way to go....OLD SCHOOL COINSHOOTER
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done... what a great haul.... check that 1909 real close.. the VDB has a tendency to wear early. Cheers, RickO
  • WOW! Great find! Can't wait to see the vid. Keep up the great work!
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say that you did have a good weekendimage
  • DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭
    The 1909 cent with no S or VDB is the most common of the 1909's with almost 73 million minted.

Nice digs. image
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, thanks for your comments! Was a good, productive weekend. I downloaded the video to my coputer and watched it....

whelp, guess I didn't put my camera close enough to the headphone speakers, so you don't hear a thing...just me babbling and moving around. So no point in trying to upload. Just picture about 5 beeps on every sweep and you'll get an idea of what this place is like.
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice haulimage
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres nothing wrong with that stuff there image nice haul for sure