Home Precious Metals

Why you might want to convert your bank account to PMs

2»

Comments

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I am right about many things, you just don't want to believe it. image One day you will know it. >>

As they say, I'll believe it when I see it. LOL >>

Then it's too late. >>

Then I guess I'll never believe it. imageimage
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or sooner or later conspiracy advocates will finally admit and succumb to reality. Let's see what comes first.

I've been wrong about the precious metals for the past 3 years. I admit it. Until then, I'd been right about them for the previous 14 years running. My basic premise hasn't changed during those 17 years.

The basic premise of government overspending and ballooning debt hasn't changed. Any bump in interest rates will put a significant strain on the whole system, especially on stocks - but on bonds as well.

The accounting rules for banking balance sheet valuations were changed out of sheer desperation in 2008, and local, state & federal unfunded liabilities have not evaporated into nothingness, so the façade of financial stability is looking worse all the time.

This isn't conspiracy thinking, and jamming one's head into the sand won't make any difference when the numbers won't add up. I guess we'll see who made the bigger mistake.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The debt spiral isn't over. >>

It certainly isn't. And 40-60% of the world's otc derivatives are denominated in US Dollars. That means there is someone out there on one side of the trade essentially shorting US dollars. And don't forget the other 50-60% that are denominated in Euros. But, alls well that ends well as they say.

The original ZH article from 2011 is still pretty much where things stand with otc derivatives. They haven't disappeared or been made risk free or even "nettable" to zero. It doesn't change a thing that the Too Big To Jail banks have had their share prices double, triple or whatever. That has nothing to do with the derivatives risk they hold despite all the "useless" credit stress checks the FED runs on them. The FED is going to eventually pass them regardless of their actual financial conditions and risks. Give the banks a few simple hoops to jump through, fail one of them every so often to placate the sheeple, then carry on with the same game plan just as before. He who controls the debt, controls the system.....until the debt finally overwhelms the system. It's still true what derryb said in the first post, "when one goes, they all go." Lehman and AIG already showed how that would work....and those guys were small potatoes compared to the main attractions.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

• << <i>Or sooner or later conspiracy advocates will finally admit and succumb to reality. Let's see what comes first.

I've been wrong about the precious metals for the past 3 years. I admit it. Until then, I'd been right about them for the previous 14 years running. My basic premise hasn't changed during those 17 years.

The basic premise of government overspending and ballooning debt hasn't changed. Any bump in interest rates will put a significant strain on the whole system, especially on stocks - but on bonds as well.

The accounting rules for banking balance sheet valuations were changed out of sheer desperation in 2008, and local, state & federal unfunded liabilities have not evaporated into nothingness, so the façade of financial stability is looking worse all the time.

This isn't conspiracy thinking, and jamming one's head into the sand won't make any difference when the numbers won't add up. I guess we'll see who made the bigger mistake. >>

If the system wasn't rigged, just based on the real numbers(not the cooked ones), the metals would be through the roof. The globalists know they can't allow that to happen because it takes every bit of faith in their fiat system right down the toilet.
  • streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derry,
    I love ya like a brother but I can find better financial wisdom than 90% of your calls on a UFO sightings blog. Your overriding philosophy that PM can do no wrong coupled with your sense of market timing may be right for you but would BK most people. No offense intended, just my observation.
    Have a nice day
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    I taught I taw a putty tat...
    Sylvester
    keceph `anah
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tick, tick, tick. . .

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>tick tock, do do do do >>

Linky no worky!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang! How about now?

tick tock, do do do do

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"If the system wasn't rigged, just based on the real numbers(not the cooked ones), the metals would be through the roof. The globalists know they can't allow that to happen because it takes every bit of faith in their fiat system right down the toilet." >> >>

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Life is like a jar of jalapeno peppers. What you do today might burn your ars tomorrow.
    ...and as someone recently said: Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."