Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1967 topps pin ups

Hi everyone. I wanted to see if anyone is collecting the 67 topps pin ups set.
I am looking for any that are in nice shape. If you have any post some pics.

Comments

• Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    anyone have any for sale?
  • Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    I am working on the set in both graded and raw. Have a bunch of doubles. I think this is one of the best sets out there and pretty tough in mid/high grade. Only 725 graded so far and most are EX or less. Will send you a PM.

Jeff
  • Options
    A couple of pics...these things look really nice displayed on the wall or shelves.

• Options
    WOW Jeff they look awesome...

pm returned
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    The SCD Standard Catalog mentions an unnumbered Clemente on better quality, non folded paper ; anyone ever come across it ?
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Hi bishop,

I have also seen that about the Clemente. Never seen one and not sure what to make of it since these were folded and inserted into packs.

Jeff

PS...do you collect this set?
  • Options
    I'm surprised more people don't collect sets like these.
  • Options
    I have all the Topps sets like these

Al
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    I have started collecting this set and this is my first one.

"A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    Very Nice start

Al
  • Options
    The Mantle is sweet. I picked up 10 raw ones from a board member.
    I don't see myself doing anything with graded pin ups but they do look cool in the psa holders.
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    I have two complete raw sets.

You can buy plastic album pages where they fit four to a page and display very nicely in a notebook.
    Capecards
  • Options
    Great looking Mantle...I have been after one of those for a long while but there just aren't many of them out there.

Jeff
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    How much does PSA charge to grade these? I have a few that are quite nice but don't wanna spend a bundle grading them. Do you send them in folded or unfolded?

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    smallstocks,

I have sent them in twice under the $5 monthly special that has come up. When you send them in I would suggest NOT having them folded. They make card savers that are the right size for these. Let me know if your interested in this set as I have a bunch of both raw and graded doubles.

Jeff
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Here are two I have that will be going to PSA shortly.
    Bob

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    Bob those look very nice!
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Thanks. They are very nice. I bought them in a card shop in my area. The owner had this binder in storage for several years and never bothered to update the prices. I paid $15.00 for the Mantle and $5.00 for the Aaron. Sorry but he has no more.......darn.
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    If anyone has any for sale please let me know. I still need 20 or so but i am looking for them atleast ex+
  • Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    I just recently started collecting this set. Cruising through the registry one day and they caught my eye. I think they look really awesome in the big slabs.
  • Options
    Hi guys,

Wanted to share a couple new one's with you...I was finally able to submit my raw copies that I have been collecting for the last 5 years. Got some really nice grades as you can see below but 85% of the 50 card sub was in the 4 to 6 range. I thought they were all NM or would not have subbed them. These are extremely difficult in high grade since the paper is so thin.

If some of you guys need to fill holes or upgrade your set let me know as I now have many graded doubles.

Jeff

• Options
    Congrats on that new registry set Jeff. Very impressive!!! Thanks for all your help on my set.
  • Options
    Jeff those are outstanding!
  • Options
    Hi guys,

I picked this up tonight to go with my Pin Up Set (original 67 box). Last thing I would like to get is a wrapper from 67 that has all star pinups on it.

Jeff

• Options
    Jeff that's awesome i have a box myself.
  • Options
    Hi George,

I thought the box was pretty cool to go along with the pin ups. Do you have a pic of your box? Is it also the all star box?

Jeff
  • Options
    Hi Jeff i had to go look. I do not have the pin up box i have the one with the Frozen pops one image
    I still like the one i have but now i need to look for the allstar box (pin ups) lol
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Is there any way to flatten the box out without damaging it? This is the first one I have seen in a long long time. Nice
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    Hi guys,

Just thought I would give this a bump and see if anyone has made progress. Still looking for a few upgrades for my set and have about 15 graded doubles to sell/trade if anyone needs.

Jeff
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a scan of my O-Pee-Chee Killebrew, along with it's Topps cousin. Looked better than a "2" to me...........still does. Just noticed that PSA mislabeled this one and my Topps 4.5 that looks like an "8". Got the Topps about 12 years ago from a guy advertising in SCD that had ripped a bunch of packs. Got about five of them, all fantastic with variations in centering, and sent in the best looking one (of course) just can't figure the grade. Maybe I can get a review done when I send them back to be correctly labeled.

I agree these are sweet!

Two more to go back for "mechanical error".

Patience is a virtue.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Joe,

Nice Killers...you don't see many of the OPC's around. Grades seem kind of tough but I also have many similar examples. Best of luck with your set and thanks for sharing.

Jeff
  • Options
    Hi guys,

Finally picked this one up as I have been waiting years for it to show up. It is a pop 3 with none higher. Anyone who has ever seen these pin ups knows how fragile and tough they are in high grade.

Jeff

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    CONGRATS JEFF! Nice pickup. Enjoy.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Jeff that looks awesome.. image
  • Options
    scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Jeff -- but no love for the seller? image

But seriously, for those submitting these (at least lately) PSA appears most concerned with the center of the pin-up.

Any hole in the center (hold it up to the light to see) seems to downgrade the card substantially. An otherwise nearly perfect pin-up is PSA 5.

Conversely, those with the center completely intact have been grading much higher than I expected.

Scott
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Jeff -

Can you send me a list of your "extras"...

I think I might be tackling this set soon...

looking for upgrades...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Scott...thanks much for this one and for being flexible. These things look really nice displayed.

Swartz...PM sent.

Thanks guys for the kind words...I love this set.

Jeff
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pic up!
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I am looking for a nice Mays and McCovey if you have extras!
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    Hi guys,

Thought I would give this thread a bump as these are pretty cool.

I recently started the OPC version and was wondering if anyone has any available??

Let me know...

Jeff
  • Options
    I recently added a couple more. Just need one more to complete my set. So if anyone has Felipe Alou please let me know.

Thanks
    Jeff

P.S.- Why is this thread in the trade area? Shouldn't it be in the set registry forum?
  • Options
    I recently added a couple more. Just need one more to complete my set. So if anyone has Felipe Alou please let me know.

Thanks
    Jeff

P.S.- Why is this thread in the trade area? Shouldn't it be in the set registry forum?

I could have put it in the registry forum i guess.. But i had hopes that some would want to trade or sell posters. also i am looking for raw pin ups/
  • Options
    Just noticed this post.
    I love 1967 topps pin ups. My dad had a massive collection of these bad boys so I send in a ton to get graded and came out with the #3 registry set. I did them under a $10 a card special and it got quite expensive. I saw somebody did it under $5 a card.... just punched myself. It all started with a Mantle that came back an 8 and I flipped my lid.

I pressed them between 8 1/2 x 11 computer paper, sandwiched between cardboard and skipped right down to the post office where I started a huge "I love getting baseball cards graded!!!" chant with everybody in line. You should have seen it, I had the post man in a headlock giving him noogies.... it was awesome.

I think I sent 8 clemente's which all looked like they could have been 9's but they came back between 4-6.5, I guess PSA is tough on these dudes.

Several cards I am looking for are a Yaz 6.5 or above, Clemente 7, killebrew 6.5+ or above and the higher # cards 6 and above.

I am about to post a 2nd registry set and I have a bunch of graded triples.

Baseball cards rule.

Thanks

Nothing sweeter than leap froggin' someone on the set registry.
  • Options
    scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    Big Paul -

Just a quick tip on subbing these guys . . .

Pay most attention to the center of the poster -- if there is a hole there (hold it up to a light) -- no matter how small -- there is no chance of a high grade (PSA 7+) -- even if the poster looks perfect.

At any rate, great job on your sets image and welcome to the boards.

Scott
  • Options
    cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    I am also doing a registry set of the pin ups-lower priority. I wound up with several extra aaron pin ups in psa 6 and 6.5 in the attemp to get the psa7 or better. If anyone wants to do some trading lmk-also have other oddball items to trade
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • Options
    Big Paul,

Send me an email to jeff58@sbcglobal.net or turn your Private Messages on. I have a Killebrew for you.

Jeff
  • Options
    ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    those are awesome cards, thanks for sharing
  • Options
    Well a Felipe Alou finally came up for auction last week so I picked it up. This set is complete. I laid them all out on the floor and took a quick picture. These things look cool when displayed all together. My kids were eager to use them as a dance floor so I had to put them away as fast as I could.(which is why the picture is so crumby) I did end up with an extra Frank Robinson PSA 4 if anyone needs one. Let me know and i'll send it your way.

Enjoy
    Jeff

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2018 9:51AM

How do you submit these Pinups or poster size cards? I am looking to submit a few 1967 Topps Pinups. Is there a specific card saver recommend size? I am considering that they shouldn't be folded. If I am wrong please share how you do it.

• Options

Not really sure how to go about having PSA grade them but if you call PSA they can help you out.