Home Precious Metals

Trump takes gold for rent

UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA

Comments

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazingly symbolic publicity stunt, this kind of stuff often marks the top in lots of markets.

Be careful out there

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PR for both parties.

both parties better be careful how transaction is reported as income by one and expense by the other. IRS would love some PR as well.

"Who needs risk management when you’ve got guaranteed bailouts? - Jesse Felder

• << <i>Amazingly symbolic publicity stunt, this kind of stuff often marks the top in lots of markets.

Be careful out there >>

Just look at gold..It has burstimage
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
    Gold is currently bid at a very patriotic $1776.

It's probably only really worth half of that. the rest is hype bubble isn't it?

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not a sign of the top unless the federal debt has changed for the better recently????

this is just a publicity stunt for the both APMEX and Trump.

Both love the free advertising.

The sad part is that this message sent will not be a message received by anyone important.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    So when are the heroes going to invade and then hang him ?
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gold is currently bid at a very patriotic $1776.

It's probably only really worth half of that. the rest is hype bubble isn't it? >>

Absolutely! Remember, the supply of dollars is limited but the government can print all the gold it wants. image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Gold is currently bid at a very patriotic $1776.

It's probably only really worth half of that. the rest is hype bubble isn't it? >>

Absolutely! Remember, the supply of dollars is limited but the government can print all the gold it wants. image >>

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why shouldn't Trump take gold? The too-big-to-fail banks have already instituted similar policies stating they'll take it as well for payments/collateral.

I'd take it too....and so would a few supermodels. image

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
    Depends on what was done after the gold was taken in payment. If sold at that time and locked in that price, then what's the advantage of taking it in the first place?

If sold later for a loss, or held till now, should have stuck with good ole dollars, it turns out.

Gold price since then

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Depends on what was done after the gold was taken in payment. If sold at that time and locked in that price, then what's the advantage of taking it in the first place?

If sold later for a loss, or held till now, should have stuck with good ole dollars, it turns out.

Gold price since then >>

Maybe he's aware of the long term gold value vs. dollar value and not just thinking about his needs for tomorrow.

"Who needs risk management when you’ve got guaranteed bailouts? - Jesse Felder

• Trump can be smart. image he obviously doesn't need the cash.
    Wonder if he still has the gold?

• bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    Baley, my understanding is, he's using it to coat the strands of his fantastic come-over.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageMAO.....good one BlueLobster....Cheers, RickO
    Is that a shot of Trump in the new Hunger Games movie? image