Home U.S. Coin Forum

Gettysburg 2011-P 5 oz. on Sale 9/22

FYI---Posted on the Mint site today. No word on mintages yet. I wonder how many they will strike.....with the 2010s selling out in month or so's time, I bet they made a few more than 27,000 of these.....

-PF
Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice would be to leave them at 27k mintage.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that I am out on the rest of these. I got the first 5, but they have lost a lot of steam. The Grand Canyon (NP4) has not even sold out yet. I think that prices are going to have to drop in order to move them a little faster. Each issue has sold a little slower than the previous, and I am not so sure that they will increase the mintages.
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree Ms -- but they have been selling "well" despite the longer period with each release. Not many other mint products selling out in a few months these days.

Thanks Pink for the update!
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

• << <i>My advice would be to leave them at 27k mintage. >>

My advice would be to drop them to 15K ! image
  • They better drop the one per household on the Mount hood and get them sold out. Not sure whats up with the Grand Canyon. Shows selling more then 27,0000?
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Grand Canyon sales are up to 27,774..........image

That figures.....the only P-Pucks I kept are the Grand Canyons.....image

<< <i> and I am not so sure that they will increase the mintages. >>

considernig they raised the proof ase prices, I'm not so sure they will lower prices.

I have this sinking feeling these will turn out worse, relatively, than the first spouse series.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks. P's are done with this guy. No way I'd let them squeeze another 25oz at premium this year in the span of 2 months, plus the ASE set which will be crazy premium'd too I bet, forget it. The ASE set at probably what, $350 (70/oz) is about the last of what I can swallow from the mint this year.

And aren't the 2011-> supposed to mirror the bullion mintages or come close? If I get more it will be bullion only at the lesser premium.

• << <i>

considernig they raised the proof ase prices, I'm not so sure they will lower prices.

I have this sinking feeling these will turn out worse, relatively, than the first spouse series. >>

The only thing I see happening that could turn out to be good for these is silver price to drop in the next week. Then as I expect it to get legs again and blow through 5o there will come a time when these are a good deal before they raise the price. So many scenerios that could play out. Which one will?
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i> So many scenerios that could play out. Which one will? >>

I'll go with excessive premiums from the get-go.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    No thanks. Done with these.
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine', no mas. I have smaller silver fish to fry!
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I have this sinking feeling these will turn out worse, relatively, than the first spouse series. >>

Disagree---the ATB's are more affordable and will appeal to a broader audience, national parks are more interesting and popular than the spouse of a long dead president, and they are BIG which affords the artist a bigger canvas to show much more detail.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe, that they may increase the price to $300 to be in sink with the unc. ASE's.... And to think APMEX was gouging usimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Effective October 31, 2011 at 12:00 noon (ET), there are no household order limits for this product.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file