Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Family Fun Centers...Jackie Robinson

Just wondering if anyone knows about this issue? I checked recent ebay auctions and didn't see anything like this. Saw several woodgrain type cards but nothing like this.

Thanks-
Claude

Comments

• Options
    ledstersledsters Posts: 603 ✭✭
    It was issued in 1977 in six-card packs at various Padres games. The entire set includes at least 36 cards that I know of. The Jackie Robinson card was included to comemorate his 30th anniversary of breaking the color barrier in the Major Leagues.

Here is mine:

• Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine is on thin, almost paper stock. Is yours that way, or is it more like photo paper?
  • Options
    You have an authentic one. They were printed on thin paper stock. These get damaged easily becasue of their size, almost 6" X 9". The Padres had Team Photo sets from 1973-1976 sponsored by Dean's Photo Service, and the 1977 set was sponsored by Family Fun Centers. All those sets were printed on thin paper stock. However, the 1973 set was printed on a slightly thicker paper than the other years. Dave Winfield's rookie year card is from that 1973 set. My copy is below. PSA does not have a holder to fit those from 1973-1977. The wood-grained border cards you referenced are from 1978 and 1979.

• Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    Great information...thanks for the help.
  • Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    also would like to add that 78 Ozzie is awsome
  • Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Great cards.

Did FFC also do an Angels set? Thanks.

Robert
  • Options
    Mozzie22Mozzie22 Posts: 38 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You have an authentic one. They were printed on thin paper stock. These get damaged easily becasue of their size, almost 6" X 9". The Padres had Team Photo sets from 1973-1976 sponsored by Dean's Photo Service, and the 1977 set was sponsored by Family Fun Centers. All those sets were printed on thin paper stock. However, the 1973 set was printed on a slightly thicker paper than the other years. Dave Winfield's rookie year card is from that 1973 set. My copy is below. PSA does not have a holder to fit those from 1973-1977. The wood-grained border cards you referenced are from 1978 and 1979.

image >>

We've got to have to market cornered on high grade Ozzie's from this set!

• Options
    Yes, they did make a Family Fun Centers set in 1978 for the Angels as well. They are white stock and blank backed. There is a Nolan Ryan card in there.

Mozzie22, nice Ozzies!

Cuda, I didn't mean to high jack your thread. Just wanted to give you some info and some examples....