Home Precious Metals

circulated silver eagles with spots are they good buys at spot price

i see some at fleamarkets at those prices

Comments

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep they are a great deal
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as the spots do not reduce the 1 oz. weight. image

Most ASE buyers are buying for the silver content, not the grade of the coin. Get them as cheap as you can.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    yes, a great deal at spot.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i see some at fleamarkets at those prices >>

If they have spots, you may be able to use that to negotiate a price a little below spot. In any event, they should be worth at least spot even as scrap silver.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Spots @ Spot. Enough said.
  • fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    if i spot them, i grab them. image

for some reason, i've started grabbing the 'painted' versions as well. image

>>> does anyone have a good method for removing the paint w/o damaging the surfaces?
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>if i spot them, i grab them. image

for some reason, i've started grabbing the 'painted' versions as well. image

>>> does anyone have a good method for removing the paint w/o damaging the surfaces? >>

Didn't somebody say a soak in acetone takes that off w/o harm?
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been buying painted eagles whenever I see them in the shop. They are thrown in with regular bullion at a discount.
    I bring them home, douse them with "goof off", q-tip to remove the edges where the paint is a bit stubborn and then rinse in acetone.

After 24 hours of drying, they're spotless, odorless and look like any other silver eagle.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes....IF GENUINE!!!!!!

The Chinese make fake silver eagles.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

• "I've been buying painted eagles whenever I see them in the shop. They are thrown in with regular bullion at a discount.
    I bring them home, douse them with "goof off", q-tip to remove the edges where the paint is a bit stubborn and then rinse in acetone.

After 24 hours of drying, they're spotless, odorless and look like any other silver eagle."

Now I know why those Eagles I got from you removed the paint overnight on my best table! THANKS! LOL
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins