Home Precious Metals

A little help with a makers mark on an old silver bar

Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,

Comments

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Omega silver
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    Do you know where they are from??? I will try some googlin!
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    Thanks mkman!!

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    There are 1,2,3,10,25, and I think 50 oz ones as well. They are popular and neat
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mark is not an "Omega" symbol, but rather, a stylized "M" and "B" representing M & B Mining which produced silver ingots in the Las Vegas area in the late 1960s.

M& B Mining Ingots on eBay
  • They also made 100's

100 oz bar

All sizes are popular ..... but not rare.
    Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.

• << <i>Omega silver >>

Not omega symbol!!!
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    The mark is not an "Omega" symbol, but rather, a stylized "M" and "B" representing M & B Mining which produced silver ingots in the Las Vegas area in the late 1960s

On eBay, how come that 10 oz one for $575 doesn't have the secondary symbol in the upper right corner of the face of the bar? The other 10'er does as does Toms 5 oz'er here. Just wondering?
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.