Home Precious Metals

how and who would you use to send

your gold jewelry to a refineries ? fedex usps ups and problems if you have a clam with the shipper
dont send sheep to kill a wolf...

Comments

• gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    USPS, registered insured. Most places have recommendations of who they like to use on their websites.

I use priority insured for smaller $$ amounts with excellent results too. Pack it good & solid = elephant proofimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of my shipments are Priority with insurance. No problems whatsoever.

Insurance can be gotten for up to 5k from the USPS website.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greater than $750 it's actually cheaper (but slower) to send registered insured over plain old priority insured. If it's over 16 oz. don't forget you can use flat rate priority box and still send registered. Just have to meet the paper tape requirement over all box seams, no plastic tape. You'll need PS Form 3806 to accompany registered. 4x5 white form at the self serve shipping table inside the post office.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the above posts. I usually use Priority Mail with insurance in a flat rate box. If I ever had a lot to send, then I would go registered insured. I used to send large lots of baseball cards to PSA with registered mail. It is the best way to send anything. It takes a while and there are some funky rules, like no slick tape on the outside of the package, but it is the safest way to send something.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Registered gets you the best coverage/protection for the money. That darn non-slick packaging tape is hard to find too. When I asked the Postal clerk where they buy it from, she didn't know. I ended up finding it at Office Depot and I bought like 15 rolls lol.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Staples usually has the glue-backed paper tape and if not will order it for you. If sending a small flat rate priority box registered it helps to close the small flap first and then the larger flap. You can use small pieces of plastic tape to hold your package together, just be sure to cover all plastic tape, and box seams, with the paper tape.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    you could just go to one of those hotel jamboree's and get 50% less without the hassle of preparing the box and paying postage! j/k of course!!

agree with the above thoughimage
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Registered/insured is what I have used for high value packages. The paper tape rule is a bit of a hassle, but Staples carries it. Cheers, RickO
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I use one piece of the paper tape on a small priority box. I have to drive 40 miles to get some paper tapeimage

Why the post office don't sell it??? I bought extra roll but southern humidity ruined itimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.